Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Let's brag about our kids thread

brandymac27

2 hours ago, skinsmarydu said:

@AsburySkinsFanthanks for those pics, I'm having a better morning already...is a "hubba hubba" inappropriate? 💥

LoL!!! I’ll tell him you said that! He’s the biggest manchild I know, he flexes in the mirror and stuff because he sees himself getting bigger but then it seems he forgets as soon as he looks away and he seems to think he’s the chubby cheeked kid from a few years ago, all while being one of the best goalkeepers in the state and region. He’s brash enough that he picked the pink uniform he wore most of the season because “**** what they think” but then I see him wiping a tear at a movie. At times it’s like watching an innocent in the body of a man...then he cracks a penis joke! LoL

Love that kid!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Chew said:

We need a work warning **cuteness overload** on this thread.  Goodness.   :wub:

Congrats @OVC with the second one on the way!  :cheers:

We really do. Everybody's kids are so cute! 

5 hours ago, skinsmarydu said:

RELEASE THE BABY!  😄

I admit, it's a little late for me to ponder about how "I simply MUST have one of those!"...but damn, Lil Chew gives me that misty feeling...

And you did some good work yourself, Brandy. Remembering your struggles, and knowing what you went through,...you have all my admiration and  respect. You deserve to be proud and brag!

@AsburySkinsFanthanks for those pics, I'm having a better morning already...is a "hubba hubba" inappropriate? 💥

Thanks a lot. I really appreciate that. And I concur! Asbury's son is very handsome! 

• Like 1

My boy is 4 years old now. He's full of energy, has a wonderful imagination, always asking questions and has an incredible memory. He makes me feel proud and fortunate every single day.  His nickname is 7-11...one, because that's the day he was born and two, his mouth never closes.

WnBMU78.jpg

Kid version of the UFC octagon.

fZmHQTB.jpg

I tried to make him a Superman fan from birth but he's all about Spider-man.

Z7dyhEF.jpg

One of the best grocery shopping experiences ever. Many shoppers played villain and pretended to get webbed up by this Bobble-head Spider-man with the oversized webshooter glove.

fJxy0ri.jpg?1

DPKsQGI.png

8KNlGjA.jpg?1

One of my favorite "before and after" Easter swag pictures.

1Viciff.jpg

Failed volcano experiment. Not much of an eruption but a lot of pink fizz :ols:

5hGe15X.jpg

This is from this morning. We saw Spider-Man: into the Spider-Verse last night. The first thing he said this morning was "daddy can you make me look like Miles Spider-man?". I did my best :)

PWLN3JO.jpg?1

• Like 8

4 hours ago, brandymac27 said:

We really do. Everybody's kids are so cute! 

Thanks a lot. I really appreciate that. And I concur! Asbury's son is very handsome! 

So is yours, it's just easier to tell a dude that...a mama might freak out...yours is super fine as well. 

Hubba hubba.😁

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Two great kids, 13 and 10.

13 year old Son of Fergasun was depressed and suicidal a year ago and is thriving in a more positive environment -- wife and I are glad he opened up about the issues he was going through.

10 year old Daughter of Fergasun is daddys little girl, so cool and chill, although now she is a double digit tween.

I am learning to accept that life and world has changed in the 2 decades since I was their age and to accept them for who they are.

I am 5'11'' and my son is 5'10''... at 13.
Watching him train at Kobe Bryant "Mamba Sports Academy" at the moment (to be fair we have been here much longer than Kobe bought into it).

I hope at some point this goofy/uncoordinated boy who loves basketball decides to get serious about his passion and life outside of video games.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

So here's some more pics of my kids. ( my daughter is kinda shy so that's why I haven't posted a lot of pics of her) 

This is my daughter and son about  2 years ago. This was her prom pic.

11136641_897114487000855_2150615727135205777_n.jpg

998868_10200298796412609_315111431_n.jpg

10505334_10203050200715997_5236441148095390720_n.jpg

My son and  step dad. He was a Raleigh police officer before he retired. 

12715586_10205803982598823_3848678161803812338_n.jpg

12189451_10207606089567429_8730608181283585538_o.jpg

12823455_197037847331207_2986656632086234512_o.jpg

31166907_2497644873794292_3337618282562715648_n.jpg

Him and his girlfriend last year at senior prom

Edited by brandymac27
  • Like 6

On 12/14/2018 at 8:51 PM, Fergasun said:

Two great kids, 13 and 10.

13 year old Son of Fergasun was depressed and suicidal a year ago and is thriving in a more positive environment -- wife and I are glad he opened up about the issues he was going through.

10 year old Daughter of Fergasun is daddys little girl, so cool and chill, although now she is a double digit tween.

I am learning to accept that life and world has changed in the 2 decades since I was their age and to accept them for who they are.

I am 5'11'' and my son is 5'10''... at 13.
Watching him train at Kobe Bryant "Mamba Sports Academy" at the moment (to be fair we have been here much longer than Kobe bought into it).

I hope at some point this goofy/uncoordinated boy who loves basketball decides to get serious about his passion and life outside of video games.

Oh my goodness,  I hate to hear something so sad about your son. I'm so glad you've managed to help him and be supportive! Kids these days go through so much, and they really need us to be there supporting them. I'm sure he'll be just fine with you at his side! 

On 12/14/2018 at 1:59 PM, AJ* said:

PWLN3JO.jpg?1

He reminds me so much of my son DJ! He's  sooo adorable!

On 12/14/2018 at 3:47 PM, China said:

My son (with my daughter) at his HS graduation last spring.  He has now just finished his first semester at Cornell:

n9ShWy6.jpg

The aforementioned daughter getting her purple belt in Wushu:

E5s1bQM.jpg

Very handsome kids, and congrats on Cornell! You should be very proud!

• Like 1

Family shot from last Thanksgiving.

Son on pace to graduate a semester early as a double major at Hopkins (thank god!); hair is purple now and has been just about every color of the rainbow.  Daughter accepted into 8/8 colleges so far and weighing her options (casting a wide net encompassing financial impact, major, location, opportunity to play sports... in that order for me, not her).  Part luck, part consistent parenting, but we've got some ****ing awesome kids. 

Best part:  empty nest soon, and off the payroll in 4 years.  Love 'em but looking forward to them thriving in their own adventures.  Short time!

Family Photo.jpg

• Like 6

Heading out at 6am tomorrow to the ESPN Disney Soccer Showcase in Orlando. 

Kings Hammer Academy 2001 Red

vs

Game 1 Thursday 3pm Loudon 01 Red (Virginia)

Game 2 Friday 1:30pm Sporting United Videlia Texas

Game 3 Sunday 6:30pm Woodbridge Ontario

Some of the matches fron the tourney are supposed to be on ESPN3, I have no idea if any of his games will be.

44648701480_f878bd40bb_b.jpg

Edited by AsburySkinsFan
  • Like 4

Ok, day 1 in the books. My son's coach splits time at showcases with keepers by playing 1 game each and then splitting halves on game three. My son plays tomorrow, but his team played a team from Virginia today and won 2-0.

Now, for those who don't know, these rankings are TOTALLY based on ranked games played, the more you play win, the more points, the higher the rank. These are not necessarily a gauge of quality of the team. But, it does tell you that they are playing and winning a lot of ranked matches.

46493657421_bc1a7e09e7_b.jpg

Here's who we play tomorrow.

45770203874_72f1a303ea_b.jpg

Here's his team...

44676857910_d52b4ea339_b.jpg

Edited by AsburySkinsFan
  • Like 2

(Something I found out after our game yesterday)

Perspective is an interesting thing. We are so used to seeing these teams we play and recognizing them as the top teams in the nation...tonight I pulled up the US Youth Soccer rankings and Ethan's Kings Hammer team is #25 in the country!!! 
And they best the #9 team (Solar) in North Carolina a couple weeks ago! It's interesting because so often we look at college teams and gauge them by whether or not they are in the Top 25 and here is Ethan's youth soccer team right there. The team we played yesterday is highlited in yellow and the team we play tomorrow is #4. 

45788196184_308a712285_b.jpg

About the game yesterday:

Well...we said before this game started that if we got a draw we'd be happy...funny how your feelings change when you are up and the draw comes on a corner kick in the 90th minute.
Ethan had an amazing game with huge saves, in front of tons of college coaches (75) against one of the top ranked teams in the nation.
Final
Kings Hammer 1-1 Sporting United (Texas)

Edited by AsburySkinsFan
  • Like 3

We had a good final game of the showcase last night. Ended up as a 2-2 draw, both scored against us were in the first half, and Ethan played the 2nd without giving up a goal. This weekend was good for our guys, and looks like they've moved up a few positions in the rankings to #17 and last night's game hasn't been entered yet so they might go up some more since the team we drew against is top 5.

32675831488_245c767f08_b.jpg

As you can see, Ethan was pretty happy as was his coach Terry Nicholl.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terry_Nicholl

45626407755_8d7f75b4d8_b.jpg

Edited by AsburySkinsFan
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...