Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Next Day Thread: Redskins vs. Giants II

KDawg

52 minutes ago, fearlessNelms said:

And whether he just doesn't fit in or he just can't play, this Ha Ha Clinton Dix guy is trash. Is all I ever see is the back of his jersey- play after play. This dude makes Adam Archuletta look like he was a good safety for us after we picked him up and we all know how bad he was.

I've never seen a safety take worse angles to the receiver or ball carrier. My buddy is a Packers fan and tried to warn me when we made the deal, and holy crap was he right. Bad angles and bad tackling....woof. I'd like to see Dix sit and Montae play more.

So the question that was in my mind when Alex Smith went down was at what point do we start a rebuild? And when i say a rebuild, I don't mean a lose out for draft picks, but more of a "why are we playing these 30+ year olds who are unlikely to be here in our future". If we have young guys who are here and need experience, then we should play them. If we don't are there any available? I'm kinda mad that we got those 16 poitns because Josh Johnson actually looked good in his small stretch of time. Problem 1 is it was against prevent defense, and problem 2 is he's 30+ and not a part of the future. I would have much rather signed a Paxton Lynch or a young QB who could come in and either suck like Sanchez or maybe provide a spark like Josh Johnson. Are there any other mobile QBs that are young? I don't care about draft position or much else but just that they could potentially have a future here (Jerod Evans? Christian Hackenberg? Tom Savage?) 

Still haven't seen Alexander on defense?

No more Montae on detense? 

Vigil was good on defense last year. Now he's unseen. 

JHC was in on only 8 plays

Why did we ever have Dunn on our roster?

Why do we have a practice squad? I would be activating players from that if we needed depth. 

Settle got some snaps, but why wasn't there a rotation before this?

Something's not right because everybody (myself included) talks about how great our drafts have been these last two or so years, but what does that mean if we're not playing our draft picks? Are they not good? I've always assumed they were just too raw but would you rather just play raw players or bad players? 

We are in a very tough no-win situation. I assume Jay will stick around the remaining 3 games and if he gets fired, it will be at the end of the season. Ideally you'd want to lose the next three games and get as high a draft pick as possible. Now it's realistic that we can lose all three naturally (this team sucks), but Jay won't be laying down on purpose. He has no reason to. We'll probably screw it up but winning a few game, still not making the playoffs and screwing up the draft order too. Typical Redskins.

2 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I don’t see how firing Jay today does anything but appease the fans that want his blood.  Other than that, I don’t see any advantages to sending him packing now.  Hell, he might actually enjoy it.

Bruce on the other hand, his firing would send a greater message.  It gets an early start on figuring out what the FO is going to look like AND appeases those like me that want him publicly humiliated and fired.  I’m not big on ugly, as we’ve seen too much of it here, but Bruce deserves ugly.

What do you think they hired Doug Williams for? It’s right there in section 5, subsection k. “Must be willing to take responsibility for own and other’s mistakes, in particular, serving as fall guy in Chief for Bruce Allen.”

4 hours ago, sempre_victrix said:

The fact that we have not gotten word of a Jay or Bruce firing tells me all that I need to know about this organization.

Snyder does not care about the fans enough to do something about the less than mediocre product he is producing.  He's sticking his middle finger in all of our faces and laughing all the way to the bank.

I thinkSnyder cares , he is just gun shy, anytime he made moves mid season he was blasted in the past.

Now I do think this loss was a fireable offense, Oakland just fired their GM and Green Bay fired a coach mid season who won a super bowl for them .  So I don’t think Snyder should be worried .

and he is not laughing to the bank he would be laughing if the stadium was full, and he can blame himself for the fans not coming to the games

4 hours ago, KDawg said:

Well, yesterday there was a team wearing Redskin jerseys on the field against the Giants.

For the first time I can honestly say I'm not sure anything went well. But that doesn't mean that I don't see a silver lining.

Chronically injured players are hampering this team just as much as any other reason. The following players are hurt consistently:

Chris Thompson

Jamison Crowder

Jordan Reed

Trent Williams (tries to play through)

Morgan Moses (tries to play through)

Shaun Lauvao

Of this list, the only one I'd be even remotely hesitant to move forward without is Mr. Williams, although I'd buy the argument that its time to move on from him as well.

On this next list are players that aren't worth their current contract value, but could have a place:

Josh Norman

Next list are players who don't seem to be fitting in:

Haha Clinton-Dix

A lot of this stuff was glaring while watching the game. Thompson and Crowder's dropped passes really hurt us. Sanchez isn't very good and who knows what Josh Johnson brings us. This has to be things the evaluation group sees and will hopefully be ready to move through with. 

Other items of note:

Doctson does look like our current best wide receiver. That is a remarkable turn around on his end, and it also speaks to our players at that position in a big way. 

The penalties and lack of discipline were glaring.

Love the way he was playing or hate it, the minute Alex Smith went down so did this team's ability to win a football game. 

Saquon Barkley is fun to watch, but I still hated watching him. 

For all the credit I've given the D for it's ability to force turnovers, they skip the fundamental of wrap first, go for the ball second. It results in way too many missed tackles.

People put blame on the training staff for the injuries, but to be honest, I think a lot of our injuries are just coming from guys who are routinely injury prone and I'm not sure it can be put on their shoulders. 

Jay Gruden made the best case yet for removing him as the head coach. I'm typically a continuity guy but yesterday was ugly in a lot of ways. If the team plans to draft a QB, you'll want a head coach that's going to be around for a bit to coach him up. Is Jay a guy that's going to be around after next season? If not, time to cut bait.

At what point is Bruce Allen held responsible for the continued reliance on oft injured players?

I watched every minute of the game yesterday. The pain made me feel alive. But man, that was quite the stinker.

My man, Of your list of injured players, the only one worth keeping is J Crowder, and that is as a back-up.

T WIlliams has to go. We fumbled his window of opportunity and he it too high priced to sit on the sidelines hurt.

NOrman has to go or get his contract slashed heavily.

Haha has been here 3-4 weeks? He is young and deserves the chance to fit in, although DJ has dissappeared since HaHa joined. But he is young and talented.

J Doctson seems to have a connection with J Johnson. Let'em rip the next 3 games and let's see what we have.

3 hours ago, TheGreek1973 said:

Now that I am a little more calm and collected (I mean you can't be calm while watching that atrocity called a team yesterday) i have a couple of things to say.

First Bruce Allen.  Seriously how much can one person mess up a team and still have a job?  

Second Gruden.  I was always neutral on him, but man he last lost this team.  He is suppose to be an offensive minded coach and the only thing he can do is bring Sanchez in here who looks like a HS QB.  I am sorry this guy has got to go.

Third, sure we have a horrid offense but what happened to the Defense?  Who is responsible for the mess?  

Last the owner of this team.  Have some pride dude, sell the team.

So let’s say Snyder sells the team to some guy from St. Louis and in two years moves them. 

I think Snyder is not the problem he has done everything the fans and others in the nfl have asked him to do but it has not worked.

when Allen was signed he was looked at as the savior of the team, tons of experience and great at the cap.

42 minutes ago, dyst said:

We are in a very tough no-win situation. I assume Jay will stick around the remaining 3 games and if he gets fired, it will be at the end of the season. Ideally you'd want to lose the next three games and get as high a draft pick as possible. Now it's realistic that we can lose all three naturally (this team sucks), but Jay won't be laying down on purpose. He has no reason to. We'll probably screw it up but winning a few game, still not making the playoffs and screwing up the draft order too. Typical Redskins. 

Well, if we happen to screw it up and win the last game of the season and knock the Eagles out of Paloffs, that would make my day :D

9 minutes ago, tomwvr said:

when Allen was signed he was looked at as the savior of the team, tons of experience and great at the cap.

Uh no, Mike Shanahan was looked at as the savior.  Similar to how we looked at Gibbs II.

I don’t recall anyone ever looking at Allen as a savior.  What Allen was is not Vinny, and he rode that out well past his welcome.

3 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Uh no, Mike Shanahan was looked at as the savior.  Similar to how we looked at Gibbs II.

I don’t recall anyone ever looking at Allen as a savior.  What Allen was is not Vinny, and he rode that out well past his welcome.

I remember everyone saying how great he was with the cap and would

fix all the issues with poor contracts since he was also seen as someone who would not over pay for talent.

I also will say flat out his drafts have been better then Scott’s were by leaps and bounds.

His biggest problem is he does not do well with free agents, since he doesn’t want to over pay anyone . Which is why I was so confused with the Smith extension.

4 hours ago, sempre_victrix said:

I get that, but I think he needs to do something now, to make a statement to the team and the fans that he's doing something.   Granted, I don't him to do something just for show, I want it to be a true effort at righting the ship.

You're not gonna get fans excited about the team for the rest of the year. Wait til off-season to get fans thinking positively. It doesn't matter who they fire or hire in the next three weeks, no one is gonna go to the games.

20 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

Well, if we happen to screw it up and win the last game of the season and knock the Eagles out of Paloffs, that would make my day :D

Honestly, I would hate that. I'd rather the Eagles make the playoff and us end up with a better pick.

34 minutes ago, tomwvr said:

I think Snyder is not the problem he has done everything the fans and others in the nfl have asked him to do but it has not worked.

He's done everything we asked but build a winning franchise.

No one knows the specifics as to how that can be achieved (we don't have the answers) but it's his job to figure out those details and so far he's done a piss-poor job of doing that.

54 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

So are we going to at least cut Sanchez? He doesn't deserve to be on this roster. We should be looking at FAs right now to back up Johnson, and hopefully a young guy who can at least compete with Josh and whoever we draft next year. 

I agree, said yesterday that we should cut Sanchez. He sucks, Gruden has now benched him/sold him down the river. Makes no sense to keep him at all.

As for the game, hard to see much when the then 4 win Giants could have hung the best part of 60 on us at home, without Beckham. 

A small part of me was excited going to bed last night, thinking I'd wake up this morning and see that Bruce and Jay were fired.  It really isn't that hard for Dan.  Look at Robert Kraft, rinse and repeat.  Get opinions from around league circles, grab a GM based on your analysis, and get the **** out of the way.  My fandom is hanging on by a thread and that thread is unraveling pretty quickly.

7 minutes ago, A Skinhead in Saints Land said:

Look at Robert Kraft, rinse and repeat.  Get opinions from around league circles, grab a GM based on your analysis, and get the **** out of the way.  My fandom is hanging on by a thread and that thread is unraveling pretty quickly.

You mean draft Tom Brady?

Even a day later I can taste the bile in the back of my throat. 

I'm tired of hearing how TheDan cares, how TheDan is a fan,  if any of that were remotely true he'd act to change the course of this laughingstock franchise.

Call in everyone with the rep to be there, pay 'em a consulting fee, have a powwow on who not just should be GM but needs to be, let them introduce themselves by firing Bruce the Excuse and then use the rest of the season to assess the organization top to bottom. Give them the authority to act, not just act but act without all the attendant sniping and backbiting through anonymous channels, let them decide who the next coach ought to be (because anymore I see Gruden the same way I did Norv, an OC that ain't a HC) and let that coach build a staff.

But I am willing to give good odds that none of this will happen and a year from now we will all be suffering just the same

5 minutes ago, BurgundyBooger said:

Tom Brady would have been mismanaged and miscoached were it not for the fertile foundation of winning New England had established. Do you think he'd be as successful in Washington had we drafted him instead of Quincy Sanders?

Seriously, you just ruined an already bad post-asshipped-day with that post.  I had to go look up Sanders, not even remembering him.

21 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

You mean draft Tom Brady?

They fared well with Jimmy G and Cassell at the helm.  As stated before if Tom Brady was drafted here he would've been forgotten by now.  Added to the dumpster fire of players that's came through here the last 25 years.  The Patriots have  a system and a culture.  We have dysfunction an discord.  

Just now, A Skinhead in Saints Land said:

They fared well with Jimmy G and Cassell at the helm.  As stated before if Tom Brady was drafted here he would've been forgotten by now.  Added to the dumpster fire of players that's came through here the last 25 years.  The Patriots have  a system and a culture.  We have dysfunction an discord.  

Patriots have been a dumpster fire until Bill Belichick and Tom Brady.

Even Parcells' era was just a blink in the dark.

Archived