Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anti-Vaxxer thread (New York Reports 1st Polio Case in Nearly a Decade)

China

1 hour ago, The Sisko said:

I’ve got to come up with a grift like this. The MAGA crowd is ripe for the picking and I’m tired of working. 

The number of insanely obvious grifts being perpetrated in MAGA world against MAGAs is absolutely mind-blowing. Though it shouldn't really be surprising that when a political party is being led by a lifelong grifting con-man it's going to attract likeminded people.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mistertim said:

The number of insanely obvious grifts being perpetrated in MAGA world against MAGAs is absolutely mind-blowing. Though it shouldn't really be surprising that when a political party is being led by a lifelong grifting con-man it's going to attract likeminded people.

This isn't a Trump problem. 

This is a "40 years of telling people that the way you can tell truth from propaganda is whether you want to hear it" problem. 

• Like 3

It is really just to the point where it truly takes no planning or thinking to start something like this. You literally turn on your phone and say anything.
Gravity is a joke, scientists can't prove it, you can't see it. It only works because they have you CONVINCED it works.
It's all a big sham! Big Science demanding that we behave how they want, by "theories".

You know what "theories" are?
NOTHING!
They're just guessing!
Well, you don't have to put up with it. I'm going to show you the secret. And to PROVE it to you, I'm going to let you TEST THE METHOD right now!
First, go to splat.america.com and click SHOW ME THE SECRET that the world's SCIENTISTS and DOCOTORS and COLLEGE ELITES DON'T WANT YOU TO KNOW!
Buy the DELUXE package for 39.95, or the basic package for just 19.95.
Check the "Rush shipping" box for an extra 29.95 we are FORCED to pay by the CORRUPT POSTAL SERVICE.
Now, go to the edge of a cliff, your roof, or any tall building and just JUMP OFF.
You will SEE FOR YOURSELF, that if you don't BELIEVE in GRAVITY< it WILL NOT AFFECT YOU!
By the time you land, your brand new certificate of Freedom and a book showing you how to use the STARS to DOMINATE THE STOCK MARKET will be in your mailbox!!

~Bang

Edited by Bang
  • Haha 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

On 1/21/2019 at 8:21 AM, TheGreatBuzz said:

But isn't it a weaker version of a virus injected?  To stick with your analogy, is it like knowing you have to go into a weight lifting competition so you only do 10lb curls?

I have read that things like the rampant use of hand sanitizer actually hurts your immune system in the long run.  I laugh because at work, the people that use it the most seem to be sick the most.  

Again, I'm not expert.  Just kicking around ideas.

The vast majority vaccines today aren't whole virus today, and I don't think any used in the US today are at all.  That's why you can't get the virus at all from the vaccine.  You might feel ill after a Covid vaccine, but there is no way that you got Covid from the Covid vaccine.  Same with the flu vaccine today.  Etc.

To use your analogy of weight lifting, even if you only did 10lb curls, you'd still be stronger than the person that does no curls.  

Unlike hand sanitizer that can and will kill everything, vaccines are specific.  The idea that hand sanitizer is bad for you is at best questionable.  But if that's an issue, it comes out of three things:

1.  You've killed many things and some of them might have triggered an immune response that would have helped you later.

2.  You have a microbiome (you actually have more bacterial cells associated with your body than human cells).  In using hand sanitizer, you might kill "good" bacteria which can let "bad" ones come in populate the area.

3.  More for kids than adults, but by killing things, you might be diminishing the number of things the immune system sees.  It is possible that if the immune system doesn't have anything to do, you might end up causing the immune system to over react every time it sees something that it thinks might be foreign.  This could lead to allergies and auto-immune diseases.  The immune system might have evolved to expect at least a certain amount of work.  If it never has anything to do, it might start working against things it doesn't really need to work against.

Again, if hand sanitizer is bad for you isn't at all clear.  But these are the 3 working ideas behind why it might be.  None of them apply to vaccines.

Vaccines are generally pretty specific to get the body to kill one thing so 1 and 2 are irrelevant.

Vaccines work by triggering the immune system.  You're actually giving the immune system something to do.

A better way to think about vaccines is you're telling your body that this is something bad and when it sees it do something about it.  Its like having a list of the most wanted in your body.  If you don't have the vaccine, then your body doesn't know that thing is on the most wanted list.  If you do, then your body knows it is.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

10 hours ago, PeterMP said:

The vast majority vaccines today aren't whole virus today, and I don't think any used in the US today are at all.  That's why you can't get the virus at all from the vaccine.  You might feel ill after a Covid vaccine, but there is no way that you got Covid from the Covid vaccine.  Same with the flu vaccine today.  Etc.

To use your analogy of weight lifting, even if you only did 10lb curls, you'd still be stronger than the person that does no curls.  

Unlike hand sanitizer that can and will kill everything, vaccines are specific.  The idea that hand sanitizer is bad for you is at best questionable.  But if that's an issue, it comes out of three things:

1.  You've killed many things and some of them might have triggered an immune response that would have helped you later.

2.  You have a microbiome (you actually have more bacterial cells associated with your body than human cells).  In using hand sanitizer, you might kill "good" bacteria which can let "bad" ones come in populate the area.

3.  More for kids than adults, but by killing things, you might be diminishing the number of things the immune system sees.  It is possible that if the immune system doesn't have anything to do, you might end up causing the immune system to over react every time it sees something that it thinks might be foreign.  This could lead to allergies and auto-immune diseases.  The immune system might have evolved to expect at least a certain amount of work.  If it never has anything to do, it might start working against things it doesn't really need to work against.

Again, if hand sanitizer is bad for you isn't at all clear.  But these are the 3 working ideas behind why it might be.  None of them apply to vaccines.

Vaccines are generally pretty specific to get the body to kill one thing so 1 and 2 are irrelevant.

Vaccines work by triggering the immune system.  You're actually giving the immune system something to do.

A better way to think about vaccines is you're telling your body that this is something bad and when it sees it do something about it.  Its like having a list of the most wanted in your body.  If you don't have the vaccine, then your body doesn't know that thing is on the most wanted list.  If you do, then your body knows it is.

I feel like we need a statute of limitations for how far back you're allowed to quote a post.

Edited by TheGreatBuzz
  • Haha 8

1 hour ago, mistertim said:

Holy ****, I just looked again and saw that he quoted a post from 2019.

@PeterMPHow the hell did you even find that post?   :ols:

Sorry!  Didn't notice.  Must have clicked on the wrong page at the bottom.  It is on the first page.  I must have clicked on the link for the first page instead of the latest page without noticing.

@TheGreatBuzz Sorry!

Some times I like to go back and look at my old post.  It let's me see how much I've changed/learned.

Edited by PeterMP
  • Thumb up 3

The Rona finally caught up to me after these years.  Got it at the Denver game or, more likely, the flight home.   I'd gotten shamefully complacent and didn't get the newest booster or wear a mask.  I imagine it could be much, much worse had I not had the four or five shots I did get, but I ain't feeling all that hot.  Slight fever, mild cough, achy and runny nose.  

• Sad 4