Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anti-Vaxxer thread (New York Reports 1st Polio Case in Nearly a Decade)

China

1 hour ago, ixcuincle said:

"It's Mr. Pfizer versus the Johnson and Johnson family over there,'' Kelce said, referring to the owners of the New York Jets. "I got the vaccine and I got it because of keeping myself safe, keeping my family safe, the people in this building.

This part makes no sense, J and J had a vaccine..........it was ****, but still a vaccine

Edited by Dont Taze Me Bro

The new vax kicked my butt for about 18 hours. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/10/07/health/covid-vaccine-side-effects.html

Feeling Terrible After Your Covid Shot? Then It’s Probably Working.

Fever, chills and fatigue may all be signs of vigorous antibody production, a new study find.

A new study has an encouraging message for Americans who shy away from Covid shots because of worries about side effects: The chills, fatigue, headache and malaise that can follow vaccination may be signs of a vigorous immune response.

People who had those side effects after the second dose of a Covid vaccine had more antibodies against the coronavirus at one month and six months after the shot, compared with those who did not have symptoms, according to the new study. Increases in skin temperature and heart rate also signaled higher antibody levels.

“We know that vaccine uptake can be challenging, and in some cases, it can be so because some people have strong reactions to the vaccine,” said Aric Prather, a clinical psychologist at the University of California, San Francisco, who led the study.

“My hope is that this actually helps assuage some of those concerns,” said Dr. Prather, who studies how behavioral factors affect the immune system. “In fact, those symptoms, though they may be unpleasant, may actually be working for you.”

Edited by The Evil Genius

Fauci is a brilliant man, but I think he's a bit too polite and mild-mannered to succeed in a debate like that, where Rodgers and Kennedy would just try to shout him down by being boorish lunatics. We'd need someone with top level science experience, a very firm grasp of all the relevant facts, including the lies of anti-vaxxers, and a "take zero bull****" attitude who won't let them try and push him/her around.

Edited by mistertim
  • Thumb up 1

48 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Fouci is a brilliant man, but I think he's a bit too polite and mild-mannered to succeed in a debate like that, where Rodgers and Kennedy would just try to shout him down by being boorish lunatics. We'd need someone with top level science experience, a very firm grasp of all the relevant facts, including the lies of anti-vaxxers, and a "take zero bull****" attitude who won't let them try and push him/her around.

May I suggest Gavin Newsom? 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 2

9 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

May I suggest Gavin Newsom? 

May I suggest banning them from social media, and prohibiting any of these douchebags from attempting to engage in "scientific debate."   What a bunch of nonsense.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Inside the Clinic Where Being a Discredited Doctor Is a Plus

A new “freedom-based” Florida clinic aimed at patients suspicious of the mainstream medical establishment and staffed by doctors who were fired or disciplined for controversial stances on COVID-19, has drawn hundreds of patients in its first month, according to its owners.

The clinic, called We The People Health and Wellness Center, opened its doors in Venice, Florida on Sept. 7. In the last six weeks, 350 people have signed up to its subscription-model, which bypasses insurance companies, co-owner Vic Mellor told The Daily Beast.

The controversial backgrounds of some of the clinic’s staff, which includes doctors who were fired for their stances on COVID-19 vaccines and treatments, is a point of pride for Mellor.

“You can’t work here unless you’ve been fired by the establishment for believing in your patients first,” Mellor told The Daily Beast. “They’ve all been fired for it.”

Mellor, who made his money in the concrete business before becoming deeply involved in conservative activism in Florida, told The Daily Beast his motivation for founding the clinic was to offer health care to families and children he believes have been discriminated against by local doctors because they had chosen not to get vaccinated against COVID-19.

“We’re not doing this for the money, we’re doing it for people and especially kids. It’s just barbaric what they’re doing to kids with these vaccines,” Mellor told The Daily Beast. “To me, it’s evil. At some point they will have to answer for that.”

Mellor believes We The People offers a “blueprint” for an alternative health-care system, one without the influence of insurance companies and “3rd party interference,” and patients direct their own care. He hopes the model will be replicated across the country and will encourage doctors whose views diverge from the medical establishment.

“I’m hoping that other doctors will see the light and get the courage and realize they can do this on their own,” Mellor said.

Click on the link for the full article

• Thumb down 1

In the last six weeks, 350 people have signed up to its subscription-model, which bypasses insurance companies, co-owner Vic Mellor told The Daily Beast.

Mellor, who made his money in the concrete business before becoming deeply involved in conservative activism in Florida

Totally not a scam tho. 🤣

• 3 weeks later...

Supreme Court Delivers Blow to Vaccine Skeptics

The U.S. Supreme Court rejected to hear an appeal relating to COVID-19 vaccine requirements in the workplace, dealing a blow to vaccine skeptics across the nation.

On Tuesday morning, the Supreme Court orders list showed that it was denying to hear any further arguments in the case Katie Sczesny, et al. v. Murphy, Gov. of New Jersey, et al. The case focused on four New Jersey nurses who filed a lawsuit against New Jersey's COVID-19 vaccine requirements in the workplace, citing religious freedom and health concerns.

The Supreme Court did not provide any further explanation for its refusal to hear the case, but the decision allows a ruling in the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit to stand. The lower court ruled that the vaccine mandate challenged by the nurses did not violate their Constitutional freedoms and allowed an executive order from New Jersey Governor Phil Murphy to stay in place.

Click on the link for the full article

One of those "If I were dictator..." musings:

If you choose not to vaccine your kid for a non-medical reason, and your kid gets a preventable disease, you get charged with attempted murder. For every person that your child infects? attempted murder. If your kid dies or someone they infected dies? First degree murder.

I'm tiring of coddling these morons. They were annoying before, but had low enough numbers and not enough power to be a legitimate societal threat. Now they've found a purchase in the extra stupid and are about to bring back diseases we had eliminated from out country. You want to be a selfish asshole and pretend your imagined "rights" mean you get to do whatever you want and suffer no consequences for your own actions? No. If you or your child ever leave your ****ing property for any reason whatsoever to enter a public space, you're no longer some imagined Ayn Randian Uber Patriot who everybody else must suffer because you're a super special SovCit with stacks of papers that make no sense but we have to obey.

Your God tells you that vaxxing your kids is evil? Funny, my God tells me that vaxxing children behind their idiot and murderous parents' backs is the holiest thing I can do. Sounds like my God is better and yours can be ignored, sucks for you because that's my religion so you need to let me practice it as freely as I want no matter how it affects others, right? 

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

• 3 weeks later...

Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton accused drugmaker Pfizer of fear-mongering and lies about the effectiveness of its COVID-19 vaccine, which the company insinuated would end the pandemic, according to a lawsuit Paxton announced Thursday. 

“In a nutshell, Pfizer deceived the public,” reads the 54-page lawsuit, filed in a Lubbock state district court. 

The lawsuit alleges Pfizer “engaged in false, deceptive, and misleading acts and practices by making unsupported claims regarding the company’s COVID-19 vaccine in violation of the Texas Deceptive Trade Practices Act.”

• Haha 1
  • Thumb down 1