Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Next Day Thread: Redskins vs. Bucs

KDawg

1 hour ago, justice98 said:

Compared to his peers in the 3 years he was starter, his turnover numbers werent any worse really than anybody else.  Even contextually, they probably arent worse than anybody else in his tier.  Guys like Ryan, Stafford, Roethlisberger, Rivers, Wilson, et al, turned it over as much, if not more.

But when you have to score 25-30 to win with no running game and a terrible defense, you're gonna have to be freer with the ball.  How many turnovers would Smith have if he actually tried to make a play from time to time?

Kirk was just never able to shake that turnover machine label, no matter how not applicable it became.

One of his big issues we're fumbles, he fumbled the ball 36 times in his 3 years as a starter. Combine that with his INTs and it's a large number. He didn't lose all of those, but he lost a good chunk. Cousins throw about 12 picks a years but he also out the ball in the ground about 12 times a year as well. 

We need Smith to play better, but we are seeing how big of a deal turnovers are first hand. While Cousins was our QB the opposing offense started with the ball in OUR territory a LOT. Way more than any other team.

8 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Sir. I don't want to be rude to you here... but... You are continuing your attempt to jinx us. Some of us see through your ruse...

"ThePackisBack" is actually a riddle wrapped inside an enigma.

What it actually means is "IamCowboyFan".

Didn't think we'd figure that out, did you? Well, I'm on to you. And I am going to thrwart your attempts at this sorcery.

Be gone, cruel devil!

Not a chance buddy! The Skins are a classy team. I detest Dallas and never pull for them. Not sure if your joking around or being serious lol. I think your joking.

I dont know where else to say this, so... 

I think Bibbs should get more chances even when CT comes back. He's been the only back besides Peterson to make any plays this season.

That outside play we ran on 3rd and 7, we need more of that in this offense and he's the only back capable of doing that.

Defensively, I think we're a good ILB away from being legit; the other pieces are there. 

2 hours ago, ThePackisback said:

LOL your talking about my latest thread. Haha.

No, I'm talking about something that you've repeatedly said.

Who do you guys Hate more outside your division? Seahawks or Packers.

Or felt last week. Tough loss for us and I know you guys don't care for the Pack either.

Packer fan here so don't be too harsh seeing I know you hate GB

13 minutes ago, MisterPinstripe said:

One of his big issues we're fumbles, he fumbled the ball 36 times in his 3 years as a starter. Combine that with his INTs and it's a large number. He didn't lose all of those, but he lost a good chunk. Cousins throw about 12 picks a years but he also out the ball in the ground about 12 times a year as well. 

We need Smith to play better, but we are seeing how big of a deal turnovers are first hand. While Cousins was our QB the opposing offense started with the ball in OUR territory a LOT. Way more than any other team.

He didnt lose 36 fumbles though.  He lost 11 in 3 years.  Not a crazy high number.

So he had 47 turnovers in 48 games.  Now compare that to other QBs, outside of Brady and Rodgers who are the cream of the crop, it's probably in line with every other decent QB.  At least within the acceptable area where it doesnt prove that he was exceptionally bad at it.  Brees had 40, Roethlisberger had 46 (in fewer games), Ryan had 45, Rivers had 52, Stafford had 44, Newton had 47.  That's 2 MVPs in that group in that span.

And if you go back just a few years further, those guys were turning it over at a higher rate.  Guys like Brees and Ryan used to turn it over a lot more than they do now.

It is encouraging to pull out wins without complaining about injuries.  This is what the good teams do.  Guys get hurt, and they dont fold, they find a way to overcome it.  Props to our guys.  And guys should start coming back in the next few weeks, just in time for the stretch run.

36 minutes ago, CrypticVillain said:

I think Bibbs should get more chances even when CT comes back

I agree, he has some burst and may be a sort of hidden gem although I don't want to get carried away.

He's versatile, 3 carries for 28 yards yesterday, get him some more reps. 

1 hour ago, CrypticVillain said:

I dont know where else to say this, so... 

I think Bibbs should get more chances even when CT comes back. He's been the only back besides Peterson to make any plays this season.

That outside play we ran on 3rd and 7, we need more of that in this offense and he's the only back capable of doing that.

Defensively, I think we're a good ILB away from being legit; the other pieces are there. 

I think we shoulda trade CT and Bibbs shoulda been on opening day roster.

55 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

I agree, he has some burst and may be a sort of hidden gem although I don't want to get carried away.

He's versatile, 3 carries for 28 yards yesterday, get him some more reps. 

At some point, all these injuries have to catch up to CT.  They gotta think about cultivating the next 3rd down back.  He's a free agent after next season, he'll be 29 with more wear and tear (moatly tear) than he should probably have for a guy that doesnt really touch it THAT much.  I would think that would be it for him here.  

I hope they find a way to keep Bibbs in the fold, cuz you'd have to think next year's RB depth chart will be Guice, Thompson, Perine (or 1st and 2nd down tailback type), and one more guy.  I would hate Bibbs to fall victim to a numbers game again.  Everytime he plays, he does what they ask him to do.

Just some small observations from being at the game, close to the sidelines.

D. Jax would shout to Fitzpatrick and point to Stroman every time Stroman was one on one on him.  And Fitzpatrick threw to him just about every time in those cases.

Whenever I focused on Vea he was a handful for our interior O line, saw doubles on him multiple times.

The secondary really does a lot of late communication and shifts.  Multiple times in the red zone it seemed chaotic, a couple of times where a defender wasn't positioned in time for the snap.  It made me think if opposing offenses see that on tape and thereby decide to go hurry up and catch the defense out of position.

Swearinger -- is fixing things back there, repositioning players, rallying players on the sidelines, rallying the fans behind him to get loud -- that dude is one heck of a leader.

Swearinger acted like Stroman was his little brother post interception, he looked giddy

Clinton-Dix played really deep most of the game. Looks like he's surpassed Nicholson in the line up.

Tough for me to see what was driving it but Jay looked pissed through most of the game

Tomsula was animated through most of the game = no surprise there.  

Alex didn't really talk to players on the sideline during the game or at least that was the case when I paid attention.  He was sitting on the bench right parallel to where I was sitting. He seemed very mellow.  in the 4th quarter Alex body language seemed more animated.  

I've been to some road games but that game took the cake, fans were unbelievable.  When plays were made, you'd think it was a home crowd.  I sort of get why Swearinger and Norman called out home fans after that game because that stadium rivaled any home game I've been to.

1 hour ago, justice98 said:

He didnt lose 36 fumbles though.  He lost 11 in 3 years.  Not a crazy high number.

So he had 47 turnovers in 48 games.  Now compare that to other QBs, outside of Brady and Rodgers who are the cream of the crop, it's probably in line with every other decent QB.  At least within the acceptable area where it doesnt prove that he was exceptionally bad at it.  Brees had 40, Roethlisberger had 46 (in fewer games), Ryan had 45, Rivers had 52, Stafford had 44, Newton had 47.  That's 2 MVPs in that group in that span.

And if you go back just a few years further, those guys were turning it over at a higher rate.  Guys like Brees and Ryan used to turn it over a lot more than they do now.

I think it's 15 lost, but either way fumbling is a negative play. The ball wasn't turned over but it is another chance you are giving the other team to get the ball. In addition, you are costing your team 5,6,7+ yards and a down putting you behind the sticks.

The field position of the opposing team while we had Cousins is telling.

So since Smith isn't putting up numbers like Cousins, and the main thing he does better is protect the ball as we have seen, why are we winning more games with Smith then Cousins? Before the season started I said I expect that having a lot fewer interceptions was more valuable than more TDs that we would get from Cousins. So far that seems to be the case.

Archived