Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Next Day Thread: Redskins vs. Bucs

KDawg

Just now, cakmoney61 said:

IMO, losing teams tend to find ways to lose and winning teams tend to find ways to win.  Yesterday was mostly an example of a losing team finding a way to lose.  As a fan, I will never turn down a gift, but this type of win is an anomaly (500 total yards adding up to 3 points?).  

What a strange season this has been, but at 6-3, I'll take it!

Now I know how opposing fans felt when they played us in years past where we just bungled and fumbled our way into finding new ways to lose. Those 2 missed field goals were brutal. That fumble punch going 25 yds into the end zone ... so redskins.

1 minute ago, Koolblue13 said:

Yes and no. I never feel comfortable until the clocks done and even then it takes a minute, but yes. Lol

I've started saying that if we get the lead first lol...I just relax the rest of the way because it means somehow, some way, the Redskins will end up winning the game and will never be behind. it's mostly a coping mechanism lol...

3 minutes ago, Sandy Monk said:

I remember hearing that Washington's offense had half the TOP that Bucs did. 20-10 ratio. 

So far, there's 8:35 left in the first half, and Washington has had two drives. 1 ended in a drop/great DB breakup of a Jordan Reed quick slant on 3rd and 5... and a designed screen on 3rd and 16 that got them an easier FG. 

Make of that.. what you will. 

Next drive fails on another designed screen completion to Bibbs on a penalty-induced 3rd and 15. 

1 minute ago, Why am I Mr. Pink? said:

Now I know how opposing fans felt when they played us in years past where we just bungled and fumbled our way into finding new ways to lose. Those 2 missed field goals were brutal. That fumble punch going 25 yds into the end zone ... so redskins.

What is actually so Redskins is if Tampa recovered the fumble punch in the end zone for a TD lol...

Anyone remember this? And it was 3rd and ****ing 26 lol (d'oh)...

4 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

By the way, was I the only one who, after the Skins were up 3-0, immediately said "Ok, cool...we just won the game" lol...

What about 500 yard and 15 points?...Cuz the Skins still would have won lol....

I commented with "GAME OVER, BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" after the FG, but I was obviously kidding.? 

Five football fields of total offense for 15 points makes a lot more sense 3!!!  But who cares, because they won!?  

Just now, ThePackisback said:

You guys should go after one more Offensive weapon. Your D is awesome. If your O was great I'd say the Skins could win the Super Bowl.

Seems too late for that now, since the trade deadline has expired. Pretty well stuck with what they got.. and it may turn out not so awful a decision, if dudes can be healthy, and the OL keeps stepping up. 

They need to do better than Bergy at RG, likely. Admiral job filling in, but his pass pro is troublesome. 

4 minutes ago, ThePackisback said:

You guys should go after one more Offensive weapon. Your D is awesome. If your O was great I'd say the Skins could win the Super Bowl.

Listen Packer fan, sir...

Don't come here and drown us in that positivism. 

We will not accept it. It's a trap. You're jinxing us. We will not fall prey to your game, rogue agent.

So you take your Super Bowl statement and go RIGHT BACK TO THE FROZEN TUNDRA WITH IT!!!

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

Listen Packer fan, sir...

Don't come here and drown us in that positivism. 

We will not accept it. It's a trap. You're jinxing us. We will not fall prey to your game, rogue agent.

So you take your Super Bowl statement and go RIGHT BACK TO THE FROZEN TUNDRA WITH IT!!!

Hey bro I promise Im not here to troll. I like you guys and wish ya the best. All love. Go Pack and HTTR.

Hated seeing some of our good offensive plays called back due to penalty, but... our oline surprised/impressed me.  Have to think they’ll struggle against better dlines though, unfortunately.  

Not sure it was possible/realistic, but I would have loved to have added Peterson at corner.  Going against strong passing attacks concerns me.  

6 minutes ago, ThePackisback said:

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Really?????????

"Your D is awesome.":  It's had its moments but "awesome?"

"If your O was great...":  Can the O work its way up to mediocre before we start talking about a Super Bowl?

Just now, cakmoney61 said:

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Really?????????

"Your D is awesome.":  It's had its moments but "awesome?"

"If your O was great...":  Can the O work its way up to mediocre before we start talking about a Super Bowl?

You guys are way better than us this season. No seriously the games I've seen your D has been tough. Your offense is still better than my boys lol.

Imma getting pissed here I come online and see everyone complaining about a Redskins W. I mean did I see that correctly. We won, we 6-3, we've done better than years past, everything finally looks good for once, there's no DRAMA at Redskins park, we have a consistent QB for the future, the defense mostly plays out of their mind...and people are STILL complaining? What's wrong with you people. Come on. Support the team. I understand you may be hesitant given history about whether this is real; let me remind you that Payne, Allen, Ionaddis are still gonna be here for years to come, as well as Kerrigan. Norman is a mixed bag but whatever. Swearinger gonna be re-signed and even if he isn't that's when you all need to start complaining. 

Bruce has done a good job the last 2 years making FA moves. In fact don't forget that he was the one who even signed Swearinger in the first place. There have been 2 offseasons of building a contending team here. Are they SB champion worthy? Probably not. The Rams and Saints would wreck this team. But they would wreck most teams in the NFL. 

Just being in this position is fine for me. SMh when we complaining about a 6-3 team. I'm not saying we can't play better. I'm just saying people acting very sad about this team HAVING A WINNING RECORD FOR ONCE is pathetic. Would you rather we be 3-6? 

4 minutes ago, ThePackisback said:

You guys are way better than us this season. No seriously the games I've seen your D has been tough. Your offense is still better than my boys lol.

The personnel is there. So long as the turnovers flow, this bend don't break can make it work. No turnovers, and choosing against press man/heavy blitz can really be under penalty of death. ( or DC firing anyway ?  )

2 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

Imma getting pissed here I come online and see everyone complaining

200w.webp?cid=3640f6095be9a04139666b5155

? 

Just now, Sandy Monk said:

The personnel is there. So long as the turnovers flow, this bend don't break can make it work. No turnovers, and choosing against press man/heavy blitz can really be under penalty of death. ( or DC firing anyway ?  )

Those guys can't take a compliment up there lol. I'm trying to be an encouragement.

42 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

By the way, was I the only one who, after the Skins were up 3-0, immediately said "Ok, cool...we just won the game" lol...

I don't know if you were the only one who said it, but I remember you posting it in the Game Day thread and I laughed.

NOTE: If you are up by 3, and then the game is tied, does that count as a lead change?  I think it does.  Because the 'Skins had a lead change for the first time this season.

HOWEVER, they have still never trailed in any game they have won, nor have lead in any game they have lost.

They have been tied at 0 and at 3, otherwise, they've been up or down.

That is remarkable.  Hence, I'm remarking on it.

6 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

Imma getting pissed here I come online and see everyone complaining about a Redskins W. I mean did I see that correctly. We won, we 6-3, we've done better than years past, everything finally looks good for once, there's no DRAMA at Redskins park, we have a consistent QB for the future, the defense mostly plays out of their mind...and people are STILL complaining? What's wrong with you people. Come on. Support the team. I understand you may be hesitant given history about whether this is real; let me remind you that Payne, Allen, Ionaddis are still gonna be here for years to come, as well as Kerrigan. Norman is a mixed bag but whatever. Swearinger gonna be re-signed and even if he isn't that's when you all need to start complaining. 

I'm sorry but you lost me at "we have a consistent QB for the future." ?  In fact, I take that statement as a personal attack on my peace of mind!!!!!  Just kidding. ?

This thread is about yesterday's game and the conversation mostly has been about if the Skins were more lucky than good.  Frankly, it was a little bit of both, but Redskins fans are very happy the team won.  Going forward, however, an objective fan cannot ignore the significant flaws the team has in spite of its 6-3 record. 

It's borderline miraculous!  And that's a good thing!!!!!

Archived