Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Press Release: ADRIAN PETERSON NAMED NFC OFFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK #Redskins

TK

For Immediate Release                                                                                  

October 31, 2018

ADRIAN PETERSON NAMED NFC OFFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK

LOUDOUN COUNTY, Va. – The National Football League announced today that Washington Redskins running back Adrian Peterson has been named the NFC Offensive Player of the Week for his performance in the team’s Week 8 win at the New York Giants.

The honor is Peterson's first of the season, ninth of his career, and his first since Week 6 of the 2017 season. According to Pro Football Reference, he has now received the fourth most NFC Offensive Player of the Week selections among active players and ranks first among active running backs. 

Peterson joins John Riggins (Week 7; 1984), George Rogers (Week 16; 1985), Terry Allen (Week 5; 1995), Stephen Davis (Week 11; 1999), Clinton Portis (Week 16; 2007 and Week 5; 2008) and Alfred Morris (Week 17; 2012) as the only running backs in team history to earn NFC Offensive Player of the Week awards since the honor’s inception in 1984.

Last week, Peterson tied a season high in rushing attempts (26), registered a season high in rushing yards (149) and yards per carry (5.7). He finished with two touchdowns - one rushing and one receiving - for the first time since recording two rushing touchdowns and one touchdown reception as a member of the Minnesota Vikings on Sept. 8, 2013 against the Detroit Lions. He became the first Washington Redskins running back to record at least one rushing touchdown and one touchdown catch since Chris Thompson registered one rushing touchdown and one touchdown reception in a 41-21 win at Chicago Bears on Dec. 24, 2016. 

With Peterson's selection this week, Redskins players have been named NFC Player of the Week on 93 occasions (including 41 Offensive Player of the Week awards) since the NFL started awarding weekly honors in 1984.

F109DB99-2B7D-45D4-9DD6-8F2C5749A60F.jpeg

2 hours ago, CTskin said:

So awesome, congrats AP.

I would love to bring him back next year and tag team defenses with Guice and AP.

Bingo..my thoughts exactly...I mean literally where would we be if we didn't have Adrian this year if the injury didn't happen to the rookie.. maybe we'd be sitting in the same spot even better who knows and I like where Adrian has us now... Then I flonder the thought of him and the rookie back there together I guess next year he wouldn't be the rookie LOL

50 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

Bingo..my thoughts exactly...I mean literally where would we be if we didn't have Adrian this year if the injury didn't happen to the rookie.. maybe we'd be sitting in the same spot even better who knows and I like where Adrian has us now... Then I flonder the thought of him and the rookie back there together I guess next year he wouldn't be the rookie LOL

It would be awesome! What a one-two punch with those two bruising backs. I just wonder if AP would prefer to take a deal elsewhere if he's promised the lion share... I'm hoping that he's enjoying his time here enough that he would welcome another one-year offer, but that's me looking through B&G shades.

Unfortunately, I don't believe Guice has been with the team much. I could be wrong, but I read a few weeks ago that he was rehabbing in Louisiana and hasn't been in DC much since the injury. I think that there's real value in playing alongside a guy like AP and sponging up his every bit of advice. Guice will be solid regardless, but would love to see a season of them together for this reason in addition to the firework show.

Archived