Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Focus on NY

Stevej2016

I hope the team has turned a corner.  Our defense should completely dominate the Giants.  I am expecting we break a couple big returns in the punt game.   Our pass offense needs to get better, and having AP do his thing on the ground will help that.  I’m hoping this is where our offense plays 4 strong quarters and we send the league notice that snot nosed football is back in our nations capital.  

4 hours ago, Despy said:

The Giants just traded two of their three best defensive players, and they weren't a good defense with those players, so there is no excuse not to drop 40 on them, other than overconfidence. 

I don't think the Redskins' offense is built to put 40+ points on the scoreboard.

I just want the Redskins to win this Sunday. Style points aren't important to me.

I had butterflies/lump in my throat whenever we played the Giants especially with Kirk as the qb. Alex doesn't have me alot more confident but at least a little especially with the way he's not turning it over(knock on wood)going into this game. I believe the game will go down one of three ways

1. It turns into a trap game and we lose bye a little or a lot.

2. We squeek out a win like we did against Carolina and Dallas.

3. We absolutely crush them..one of them games that's over before the second quarter. And maybe like koolblue I believe it was said possibly put Eli into retirement before half.

OBJ and Barkley are the type of guys that kill this team. OBJ and be a deep threat and he is super shifty in the slot/intermediate range. As for Barkley, hopefully they don't 'surprise' us with those running back out the flat passes that burn us on many occasions.

20 minutes ago, dyst said:

OBJ and Barkley are the type of guys that kill this team. OBJ and be a deep threat and he is super shifty in the slot/intermediate range. As for Barkley, hopefully they don't 'surprise' us with those running back out the flat passes that burn us on many occasions.

Elliot was also a player that killed this team.

He didn't this past Sunday. :)

I have confidence that our #1 ranked defense :)

http://www.espn.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/total/position/defense

will be able to handle them. :815:

47 minutes ago, SkinsGuy said:

Elliot was also a player that killed this team.

He didn't this past Sunday. :)

I have confidence that our #1 ranked defense :)

http://www.espn.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/total/position/defense

will be able to handle them. :815:

You sort that list by yards per game and the Skins are #5, not #1. Since we have played one less game than the four teams ahead of us that 'splains a lot lol...

With the way the giants have played, you have to go with similar attack from a defensive standpoint as the Dallas game, shutdown barkey and make that terrible oline and QB beat you.  I know OBJ is dangerous but rather him then barkely as I have no faith there oline can hold and eli can muster enough to actually make that happen.

This has all the hallmarks of a letdown game but we'll see.  If this defense is a solid as we believe it is and we don't go out of our way to shoot our own feet, then we should play downhill to a comfortable win.  Should... 

If they do come away with another win things will really hot up around here!

5 hours ago, Burgold said:

Alex provides me with more confidence than Kirk against NY. Cousins lost those games. Even when Smith plays poorly he doesn’t throw the game changer that Kirk does. 

Alex doesn’t seem like a choker. 

I am concerned how Gruden will approach this game, knowing the Giants have gotten rid of some of their good players, and he may be suckered into a trap game.

With everything going on with the Giants, it wouldn't surprise me one bit to see them come out swinging and kicking, and catching Gruden napping on the sidelines. Eli may very well end up throwing 50 times in the game, and catching the defense flat-footed and not expecting a fight.

I disagree with the premise of the thread and many of the responses. I’m getting the impression that some of you think ALL the Redskins need to do is focus and try hard and Sunday will be a W. I STRONGLY disagree with that. 

The Giants have a bad record and they appear to be on the verge of back to back bad seasons and sure, that makes them a “bad” team. But the margin between bad/average/good/great in the NFL is VERY slim. 

As a matter of fact I’d say in terms of pure skill positions weapons the Giants might have the most dangerous array we’ve faced yet this year. The Panthers team we beat? Well, the Giants had them beat too... it took a 63 yarder at the buzzer for Carolina to win that game. 

The Giants have some major flaws and it appears they could also be somewhat dysfunctional, but I don’t think we are all that much better than they are in terms of raw talent. 

In other words, I think we can FULLY focused, FULLY hungry, and FULLY motivated and still lose this game. OBJ is a monster and we are likely going to be without a starting CB. Barkley looks phenomenal. Their OL is a mess and Eli looks half-dead, but what if they are able to scheme those guys open or what if they simply beat us physically and make plays? 

The way we play, most games are likely to stay close (this is ultimately a good thing for us). But again when you play that way, the margins shrink. 

Just think its important for people to understand we can play with the same intensity and passion we played with the last two weeks and still lose the game for football reasons. 

Just now, kleese said:

I disagree with the premise of the thread and many of the responses. I’m getting the impression that some of you think ALL the Redskins need to do is focus and try hard and Sunday will be a W. I STRONGLY disagree with that. 

The Giants have a bad record and they appear to be on the verge of back to back bad seasons and sure, that makes them a “bad” team. But the margin between bad/average/good/great in the NFL is VERY slim. 

As a matter of fact I’d say in terms of pure skill positions weapons the Giants might have the most dangerous array we’ve faced yet this year. The Panthers team we beat? Well, the Giants had them beat too... it took a 63 yarder at the buzzer for Carolina to win that game. 

The Giants have some major flaws and it appears they could also be somewhat dysfunctional, but I don’t think we are all that much better than they are in terms of raw talent. 

In other words, I think we can FULLY focused, FULLY hungry, and FULLY motivated and still lose this game. OBJ is a monster and we are likely going to be without a starting CB. Barkley looks phenomenal. Their OL is a mess and Eli looks half-dead, but what if they are able to scheme those guys open or what if they simply beat us physically and make plays? 

The way we play, most games are likely to stay close (this is ultimately a good thing for us). But again when you play that way, the margins shrink. 

Just think its important for people to understand we can play with the same intensity and passion we played with the last two weeks and still lose the game for football reasons. 

Imma call bull****. They quit the season this week. They gave up. Were on a two game win streak. Against teams on our level. Losing to the giants would be garbage and completely out fault for believing our own hype. Yes, they have 2 very good players. The rest of their team is trash.

20 hours ago, dyst said:

I am a little surprised that you are not giving our D the respect it deserves. Currently our D is ranked #5 overall. 

26 minutes ago, zskins said:

I am a little surprised that you are not giving our D the respect it deserves. Currently our D is ranked #5 overall. 

I just need to see it sustained for more than 6 games I think. Even less if we remove the Saints game from the list.

21 hours ago, SkinsGuy said:

I don't think the Redskins' offense is built to put 40+ points on the scoreboard.

I just want the Redskins to win this Sunday. Style points aren't important to me.

I would like to see a competent looking 2nd half offense though. So far, we haven't

The Giants scare me, I think of them as a sleeping Giant on offense, they have so many weapons but its not clicking for them consistently.

The defense has played solid as well but now with the fire sale, I'm not sure how that affects them.   This is not a gimme type of game, if we win it will be another nail-biter, IMO.

9 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

The Giants scare me, I think of them as a sleeping Giant on offense, they have so many weapons but its not clicking for them consistently.

The defense has played solid as well but now with the fire sale, I'm not sure how that affects them.   This is not a gimme type of game, if we win it will be another nail-biter, IMO.

The fire-sale strikes me as tanking the season to get a QB early in the draft and pick up other draft picks later in the draft to fill their many holes.  I have a feeling we'll win handily on Sunday.  The defense is really finding their groove and the offense, predicated by AP's relentlessness, should move the ball well against them.  

Archived