Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins vs Giants Prediction Thread: Meltdown in the Meadowlands Metlife Stadium?

skins island connection

Who wins the game?  

133 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win, the 1st place team or the last place team?

• Washington Redskins
    • New York Giants
    • Tie between worst and first.

8 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Wait....Vinny (as in Cerrato?) broke McNabb? Not sure I follow....explain?

Fairly certain he just means that bringing him to the Redskins ruined him.

Obviously he was just washed up but since he sucked after he came here the joke still stands.

Just now, redskinss said:

Fairly certain he just means that bringing him to the Redskins ruined him.

Obviously he was just washed up but since he sucked after he came here the joke still stands.

But Vinny wasn’t here anymore when McNabb came....that’s bruce Allen. McNabb came easter of 2010. Vinny left December of 2009. 

Just now, Koolblue13 said:

It was just a ****ing joke. Doesn't have to make sense. Need more coffee.

Lol hey I wasn’t making fun of the joke, I thought it was a good one, it was just missing the correct facts, such as the name of the GM that actually broke him :P 

we will just chalk that mistake up to you not being fully awake yet :D 

10 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

If the Skins find some way to lose to this team, they are absolutely not who you think they are.

They are only not who I think they are if they win this game by 14+. 

I'm still thinking this ends up being the game where trying to hold on at the end blows up in their faces. Thats pretty much both Eli's and Alex's specialty. Alex does nothing and blows them at the end while Eli will pull one out of his ass 3-4 times a year.

3 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

They are only not who I think they are if they win this game by 14+. 

I'm still thinking this ends up being the game where trying to hold on at the end blows up in their faces. Thats pretty much both Eli's and Alex's specialty. Alex does nothing and blows them at the end while Eli will pull one out of his ass 3-4 times a year.

I expect another sub 200 passing game by Smith where AP runs for 150 and Skins win convincingly.  Eli is finished.  I think it’s pretty obvious the Giants agenda is to tank.  

5 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I expect another sub 200 passing game by Smith where AP runs for 150 and Skins win convincingly.  Eli is finished.  I think it’s pretty obvious the Giants agenda is to tank.  

Honest question... does it add to the narrative that Smith is done, or do people understand that the passing game may very well not be needed to win the game, therefore there is little emphasis on it this week in practice?  

This game is lining up for a straight up mauling by our lines.  I'm very nervous, but if all things were the same and this was some obscure matchup between two random other teams, not the Redskins vs Giants... it wouldn't even be a question as to who would win... 

1 minute ago, OVCChairman said:

Honest question... does it add to the narrative that Smith is done, or do people understand that the passing game may very well not be needed to win the game, therefore there is little emphasis on it this week in practice? 

I don’t expect to pass the ball very much as the run game can and should be the emphasis.  The narrative about Smith being done will reconvene when we play the Falcons.

Just now, OVCChairman said:

This game is lining up for a straight up mauling by our lines.  I'm very nervous, but if all things were the same and this was some obscure matchup between two random other teams, not the Redskins vs Giants... it wouldn't even be a question as to who would win... 

Our ToP should be well over 40 minutes and I hope it's mostly Perine and Bibbs after AP passes Dorsett for 9th. I think this game is over after the first Q.

Norman always gets to OBJ and you know hes already worked up coming into this game.

All eyes on Nicholson for me. This will tell us if hes a legit FS. Same with next week.

Ugh....I should just stick to the good JU JU thread, statements like the Giants are tanking, the Giants don’t care, the Giants have no shot, is the exact reason this game absolutely terrifies me.  The narrative will be, if the Giants Win, look how all these moves galvanized the team.....look what Eli has to go thru to get his team to play well....blah blah blah.....it’s so NFL to make this happen.  I don’t know if I remember the last time the Redskins won at Metlife.....can anyone help me with a date?  

21 minutes ago, Bigmuss1 said:

Ugh....I should just stick to the good JU JU thread, statements like the Giants are tanking, the Giants don’t care, the Giants have no shot, is the exact reason this game absolutely terrifies me.  The narrative will be, if the Giants Win, look how all these moves galvanized the team.....look what Eli has to go thru to get his team to play well....blah blah blah.....it’s so NFL to make this happen. 

The Giants shouldn’t have a shot, but obviously every team has a shot.  They certainly appear to be tanking.

What I’m lost on is “it’s so NFL to make this happen.” Huh?

4 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

The Giants shouldn’t have a shot, but obviously every team has a shot.  They certainly appear to be tanking.

What I’m lost on is “it’s so NFL to make this happen.” Huh?

Lol!!!  The Mara conspiracy theory!!  Just a joke...

11 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

You seriously can’t remember? ? Hint: it sparked grudens most recent 4-game winning streak

Trying not to google and cheat!!!  I honestly cannot recall!!!  

8 minutes ago, Bigmuss1 said:

Trying not to google and cheat!!!  I honestly cannot recall!!!  

Week 3 of 2016 @ giants. We won 29-27 :D the game started off horribly for us in that first quarter. After that we woke up and made it a game (I was watching in a dorm lobby with 5 giants fans, so they had been giving me crap until we started our comeback :P). Cravens had a turnover to seal the win for us. 

So just a 1 game losing streak there since our last W in that stadium. Before that we had lost there in 2015, 2014, 2013 and 2012. Won in 2011

Just now, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Week 3 of 2016 @ giants. We won 29-27 :D the game started off horribly for us in that first quarter. After that we woke up and made it a game (I was watching in a dorm lobby with 5 giants fans, so they had been giving me crap until we started our comeback :P). Cravens had a turnover to seal the win for us. 

Yes!!  Cravens interception!! Didn’t Crowder have a long TD run/catch and run!!??  It’s all coming back to me now! 

So I think I heard the Gnats in their last 24 games are 2-1 against the Redskins and 2-19 against the rest of the league?

At least they won't have Cousins gift-wrapping them picks in this game, but Smith ain't exactly tearing it up either.

You just know the Redskins are going to dominate all game until some late 4Q defensive communication breakdown in the secondary, and then we all get to see Gruden's WTF face again.

Gnats 17-16.

Archived