Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Victory Monday! Next day thread

Bang

2 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

Missing Moreau and Dunbar those last 2 drives showed...

Agreed. I believe Dunbar will be back this week, but I would like to hear our name associated with trade talks for Patrick Peterson. It would not only give this secondary a big boost (I like Dunbar/Moreau, but they're no Peterson), but it would allow us to walk away from the Norman deal at the end of the season if we need and we'd still have a #1 CB on the roster.

41 minutes ago, CTskin said:

Agreed. I believe Dunbar will be back this week, but I would like to hear our name associated with trade talks for Patrick Peterson. It would not only give this secondary a big boost (I like Dunbar/Moreau, but they're no Peterson), but it would allow us to walk away from the Norman deal at the end of the season if we need and we'd still have a #1 CB on the roster.

I'm concerned about the cost to get him. 

If we were just one player away, I would consider it but we aren't. We need those draft picks to shore up this team.

One thing I wanted to say: AP does a lot to extend plays or make a hole where none previously existed - and I love that - but against the Pukes I saw him waltzing into big holes: gaping maws opened up by our OL. In one instance I even saw Morgan Moses on one side of a huge hole. This is great. I hope our OL keep this up. Hail!

6 hours ago, bird_1972 said:

I'm concerned about the cost to get him. 

If we were just one player away, I would consider it but we aren't. We need those draft picks to shore up this team.

Agreed, but a sure-fire stud on a multiple year, team-friendly deal is hard to come by these days. I'd trade the 32nd pick in rd 2 for him.

On 10/22/2018 at 10:25 AM, Riggo#44 said:

I have a Bama Boys Boner this morning. They are ****ing monsters. No one is missing Derwin James right now. But Matt Ionnidis is the forgotten man there. Look at this beast:

Couple other thoughts:

The Peterson signing was the deal of the year. Where would we be without him? I rag on Bruce Allen a lot, but need to give credit here.

I am extremely frustrated with Smith, but I am giving him a partial pass with this game--that wind played a big factor, I think. Running out of bounds, trying to run the clock out is inexcusable though.

I love our LBs. Fabian Moreau made Kendall Fuller expendable--good foresight by the FO there, even if Smith is mediocre.

OMG, thanks for posting.  The Greek is going to get many ouuus and ahhhs in the film room when the boys see this one.  LOL

https://www.aol.com/article/news/2018/10/23/redskins-staff-tipped-officials-about-cowboys-long-snapper-moving-ball-leading-to-penalty/23569350/

The Washington Redskins tipped the officials off.

It’s a pretty fascinating little story that shows how detail-oriented NFL coaches are. According to longtime NFL reporter Ed Werder, Washington special teams coach Ben Kotwica noticed during the team’s preparation for Sunday’s game that Ladouceur moved the ball, and that could be a penalty. Werder said Kotwica told Jay Gruden, who “alerted game officials and encouraged them to watch for it.”

Then, with the Cowboys lining up for a game-tying field goal in the final minute, that little detail became a very big deal.

Redskins jumped offsides when snapper moved the ball

On 10/22/2018 at 3:29 PM, zskins said:

Oh how great it was. Crying like a toddler....:rofl89::rofl89::rofl89:

OMG, Skip Bayless looked so pathetic coming up with every excuse in the book for HIS team.  Worst Dal@ss apologist out there.  Harrison must've been thinking WTF is wrong with this fool giving Prescott is B+ grade.  Then at the end "no we didn't win" as if he played in the game vs Harrison.  

On 10/22/2018 at 10:05 AM, RandyHolt said:

- I want to see Jay try a little trickery and deception, roll or boot Alex... I dunno, we just seem vanilla. 

Fake punt-fake field goal- have AP flip the ball back to Smith after a handoff for a deep shot downfield- something anything especially against the Giants 

26 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

This is a very weird video...as far as I can tell, not a single Redskins fan in it was ****ing or complaining about the win lol...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yeyh-wx_nbE

Like I said in another thread, I’m certain every “complainer” was out of their seat for the doink.  It is entirely possible to enjoy the game, while still being critical.    I can’t imagine anyone that takes the time to post here doesn’t enjoy beating Dallas.

Probably an entirely different topic altogether, but something I thought about that pertains to this kind of stuff.  I liken this forum to what it’s like when you talk with family members.  I’ll be talking to my cousin, “hating” on another family member, being very critical.  Primarily because I love said family member and their actions concern me.  However, in public amongst non-family, I’m not about to take a dump on them or let anyone else for that matter.  Very similar to my relationship with the Skins.  I gather most people are like me, in that we’re not running around telling the whole world how stupid our team can be. 

56 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

This is a very weird video...as far as I can tell, not a single Redskins fan in it was ****ing or complaining about the win lol...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yeyh-wx_nbE

I counted at least 27 people complaining.

It's just hard to discern what they're saying because obviously they're all complaining at the same time in different conversations, so that layered sound gives the audio a bit of "static" effect to where you can't tell what they're saying, unless you have super-sensitive hearing like myself.

21 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Like they say in court trials, if a guy is truly innocent, he's usually going to be, not only proclaiming, but screaming his innocence.

This looks like a guy who knows what he did was wrong.

Nick Sundberg explains the L.P. LaDouceur snap penalty

https://thefandc.radio.com/redskins-nick-sundberg-explains-false-start-penalty-cowboys-lp-ladouceur

On 10/24/2018 at 1:00 AM, SWFLSkins said:

https://www.aol.com/article/news/2018/10/23/redskins-staff-tipped-officials-about-cowboys-long-snapper-moving-ball-leading-to-penalty/23569350/

The Washington Redskins tipped the officials off.

It’s a pretty fascinating little story that shows how detail-oriented NFL coaches are. According to longtime NFL reporter Ed Werder, Washington special teams coach Ben Kotwica noticed during the team’s preparation for Sunday’s game that Ladouceur moved the ball, and that could be a penalty. Werder said Kotwica told Jay Gruden, who “alerted game officials and encouraged them to watch for it.”

I was a long snapper the whole time I played. You’re taught that if you’re going to adjust or angle the ball, do it while you are setting then stop moving until you snap. 

This was pretty obvious to me on playback. I’m sure Kotwica and maybe Sundberg spotted it easily. Ladouceur got cutesy and was getting away with it... until this penalty. ?

Awesome story!

1 hour ago, MassSkinsFan said:

I was a long snapper the whole time I played. You’re taught that if you’re going to adjust or angle the ball, do it while you are setting then stop moving until you snap. 

This was pretty obvious to me on playback. I’m sure Kotwica and maybe Sundberg spotted it easily. Ladouceur got cutesy and was getting away with it... until this penalty. ?

Awesome story!

Thanks for that clarification. And it was a great job by the Coaches, for all the heat Kotwica has taken there should be some huge kudos for this. 

Interesting thing that they noticed the LS's habit before the game, but they didn't tip off the officials til the end of the game.

I guess they were waiting for the perfect opportunity, like a game-deciding-type play. That too, was genius. It's almost like having 1 Timeout left. You want to wait until the absolute perfect time to use it.

On 10/23/2018 at 5:48 PM, MassSkinsFan said:

Week 17 prediction: 100% run plays on first down. 

On 10/23/2018 at 6:42 PM, MartinC said:

You think it’s a double bluff! Smart!

Yes !

The Jay Plan is to lull the defensive coaching opponents into thinking, "The Redskins can't possibly be so unintelligent as to run it on 1st down, for the 1000th time in a row, so we're banking they come to their senses, and pass this time"

RUN !

Archived