Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What is Wrong with Alex Smith?

NoVaSkins21

2 minutes ago, Burgold said:

Except we weren’t 6-3 withCousins. Most of the time we couldn’t sniff .500 with him. And Cousins had much better talent during most of his years for. 

The folks who who are happy are the ones looking at the win loss record. They’re the ones who are happy if the D wins it or the running game wins it. Heck, we don’t even mind if the other team loses it and we win by accident. 

I will be happy to complain if we lose. I’m not complaining about a win. The Redskins haven’t won nearly enough over the last 20 years for me to take wins for granted. 

Sure, he had Garcon and oft injured Jackson his first couple of years, but he never had a running game nor a defense to help him out.  Reed has always been unreliable in the health category.  Smith has a much stronger running game, healthy TE's, and a stronger healthier defense than Kirk ever had here.  So, this  he "had much better talent during most of his year" stuff at all. 

Regardless, my point still stands.  He was too mediocre or average for some posters that are now riding Alex Smith's coattails on the jacket he stole from Peterson and the defense.  Some how his huge contract is acceptable for his below average play to them???  It's total hypocrisy. 

1 minute ago, Llevron said:

Aiight so just help me here. The plan is to start McCoy and either hes the dude and we beat the Saints/Eagles/Vikes in the playoffs cause of him OR we lose out, end up at 6-10, and roll the dice with Bruce and Jay (who we think are idiots) and draft a QB of the future and start him next year. Right? I get that correct?

The hope is that the cupboard will be cleaned of Bruce Allen and, possibly Jay, though I'm not as down on him as some. I don't want Allen picking the color of the underwear this team is going to wear, never mind the players that are going to be on this roster.  He's done such a great job with McNabb, RGIII, and Smith, along with destroying the Cousins relationship. YUCK!  He shouldn't be anywhere near a QB decision ever.

Just now, dckey said:

I don't blame Smith as much as I think they are liars!!!!  You can't surround a QB like Smith with sub par skill players and think he is going to be good.  I posted this in another thread not 1 player outside of Bibbs runs a sub 4.5.  We are the only team that is this slow on offense

I don't really blame Smith either, I just don't like watching him play.  I don't think anyone here can sit here and say they enjoy watching Alex Smith play QB or think that he's going to win a shootout.  

I guess people are happy winning this way, but it seems like more of a mirage to me than this being a legit good team.  IMO, this is a middle of the pack team that's played what has turned out to be a soft schedule.

3 minutes ago, zskins said:

Where did you find this plan at?  You are just picking at the few posters (minority of them).

Yes

The frustration Alex gives you makes you think, what if Colt, just to see. But that is not probably a good idea when you are still in contention to win the Div and a playoff berth.

That's exactly my argument. 

So you are not correct. 

We agree though lol

I will take a win any day, but reserve the right, as a fan, make comments on Alex and his performance, or lack there of or any other player(s) or coaches or the FO personal. That doesn't make anyone less of a Redskins fan as far as I am concerned. 

I never said you were less of a fan. Where did you get that from?

2 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Reed hasn't missed a game this year and should be his Travis Kelce.  Saying we need more talent is obvious, but he's missing too many targets to help us maximize what we have.  Missing Vernon on that play is exactly what many of us are talking about, fine we aren't the Saints, but a lot of our ineptness is him not ouaing the ball down field or just down right missing.  Hes not playing at a pro now level, why I'm not falling for the he needs more talent thing anymore, not 9 games in.

Reed has not been himself this year, The Vernon miss was bad, and he has to make every throw count.  How many times have you seen someone get behind a DB?  Please show me these plays.  Do you want him to just throw it in double coverage Like he did to Quick?  Look I'm not saying he is great or above avg. but putting the blame solely on him is crazy to me.  He is not the type of qb that you want to put points on the board with the skill players we have.  Would Goff be a good qb without McVay and those weapons?  Seeing how he is playing, do you think he would do better than Smith here?

5 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I don't really blame Smith either, I just don't like watching him play.  I don't think anyone here can sit here and say they enjoy watching Alex Smith play QB or think that he's going to win a shootout.  

I guess people are happy winning this way, but it seems like more of a mirage to me than this being a legit good team.  IMO, this is a middle of the pack team that's played what has turned out to be a soft schedule.

I agree 100%

4 minutes ago, Taylor 36 said:

The hope is that the cupboard will be cleaned of Bruce Allen and, possibly Jay, though I'm not as down on him as some. I don't want Allen picking the color of the underwear this team is going to wear, never mind the players that are going to be on this roster.  He's done such a great job with McNabb, RGIII, and Smith, along with destroying the Cousins relationship. YUCK!  He shouldn't be anywhere near a QB decision ever.

Ok so the plan is we lose out, fire the coach, fire the gm and then - we find the right gm, the right HC, the right QB, and get all the weapons in place to get to the playoffs and dominate our way to a superbowl. 

Sounds realistic lol. 

I know yall hate this **** but this is currently the best chance we have had in like 8 years to make some noise. Even with Sir Sucksalot at QB. I dont think it will happen, but hey neither did Eagles fans. 

Ok so the plan is we lose out, fire the coach, fire the gm and then - we find the right gm, the right HC, the right QB, and get all the weapons in place to get to the playoffs and dominate our way to a superbowl. 

Sounds realistic lol. 

I know yall hate this **** but this is currently the best chance we have had in like 8 years to make some noise. Even with Sir Sucksalot at QB. I dont think it will happen, but hey neither did Eagles fans. 

I think we should just let Doug run the whole players show and get rid of Allen

2 minutes ago, dckey said:

I think we should just let Doug run the whole players show and get rid of Allen

I wanna say I like that idea but I'm not sure if Doug can be a GM. For many reasons I want him to be...but the fact that Allen and Dan picked him and that hes never done it before really makes me skeptical. 

Sounds realistic lol. 

I don't hate it, I'm happy that we're winning.  I just think we are going to get smoked by a legit good team.  We don't have the QB that can hang with a team that can score in the 30s.  

Watson and Hopkins are going to shred our defense next weekend.   Can Sir Suckalot throw for more than two TDs and 175 yards?  Stay tuned!

2 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Sounds realistic lol. 

First, I've never said we should lose out or anything of the sort.  I just can't get excited about a QB that is holding us back, nor can I pretend that he is good or worth keeping when he plays like dog **** just because the team wins games despite him.  If we go one and done in the playoffs (I still believe we won't even get in when it is all said and done), and have a much tougher schedule next year and barely contend most of the season, you think that is okay?  Just keep doing the same old same old?  We are not going anywhere with this QB or with Bruce Allen.  The longer we prolong movement to take care of this, the worse it will be.  Do you happen to know the definition of insanity?  Changes need to be made, and the soon the better.

I wanna say I like that idea but I'm not sure if Doug can be a GM. For many reasons I want him to be...but the fact that Allen and Dan picked him and that hes never done it before really makes me skeptical. 

Him and Schaffer are doing it.  Rather them do it without input from Brucy

1 hour ago, Llevron said:

Yall dont like the Redskins for real man lol

8 minutes ago, Llevron said:

I never said you were less of a fan. Where did you get that from?

I never said you were pointing the finger at me directly. I made a general comment based on your comment in the Game Day Thread. Maybe you were being sarcastic, facetious or whatever. I took it as real fans love their team no matter what when you threw the for real man comment in there. 

2 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I don't hate it, I'm happy that we're winning.  I just think we are going to get smoked by a legit good team.  We don't have the QB that can hang with a team that can score in the 30s.  

Watson and Hopkins are going to shred our defense next weekend.   Can Sir Suckalot throw for more than two TDs and 175 yards?  Stay tuned!

We've beaten some good QBs also Rodgers and Newton winning this way.  It is possible!!!  We've lost to Luck, Brees and Ryan, some above avg to great QBs.  

Just now, Spaceman Spiff said:

First of all, I hope that name catches lol. I expect royalties. 

Second we wont score 30 all year so if we win we are gonna have to hope he gets HOT at the right time (Flacco, Loser from philthy) or the D just catches folks off guard in the playoffs. Crazier **** has happened. And I'm unfortunately in a situation were I have to hope for that or hope we go 6-10 draft Brady2 and then burn it up for the next 20 seasons. 

I know it's a low chance but ima take what I can get. 

What ****s that up is I dont really believe the D is legit. 

Just now, dckey said:

We've beaten some good QBs also Rodgers and Newton winning this way.  It is possible!!!  We've lost to Luck, Brees and Ryan, some above avg to great QBs.  

Yeah, but Rodgers was at like 75%.  But still anytime you can beat him, it's really nice.

We have stopped the run extremely well.  I am not going to ignore that or take that away.  

First of all, I hope that name catches lol. I expect royalties. 

Second we wont score 30 all year so if we win we are gonna have to hope he gets HOT at the right time (Flacco, Loser from philthy) or the D just catches folks off guard in the playoffs. Crazier **** has happened. And I'm unfortunately in a situation were I have to hope for that or hope we go 6-10 draft Brady2 and then burn it up for the next 20 seasons. 

I know it's a low chance but ima take what I can get. 

What ****s that up is I dont really believe the D is legit. 

I think the D is legit from a run stuff perspective and they are generating turnovers which is great.  They can get passed on for sure, Ryan and Brees proved that.  

Of course it's hard to predict the future and what this team will be like next year but against a harder schedule this team is closer to .500.

First, I've never said we should lose out or anything of the sort.  I just can't get excited about a QB that is holding us back, nor can I pretend that he is good or worth keeping when he plays like dog **** just because the team wins games despite him. 

I'm not really asking you to be excited about Alex. 

If we go one and done in the playoffs (I still believe we won't even get in when it is all said and done), and have a much tougher schedule next year and barely contend most of the season, you think that is okay? 

We were doing that with Cuz. Same trick. Lose one season, get a weak schedule and win the next. Lose the next. I dont find it amusing at all but the reality Dan is not making a change. And if hes not then ima take my 6-3 chances. That means rooting for Alex to get it together and not get injured, or benched, or lose out. Or whatever it is yall want. 

Just keep doing the same old same old?  We are not going anywhere with this QB or with Bruce Allen.  The longer we prolong movement to take care of this, the worse it will be.  Do you happen to know the definition of insanity?  Changes need to be made, and the soon the better.

How long did it take him to get rid of Vinny again? So what makes you think Bruce will go after this season? If anything it sounds like you want the team to lose so that Bruce and Jay will go and we can start over. If that's not what you are advocating then what exactly is it that you are trying to say here? Serious question. 

6 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I think the D is legit from a run stuff perspective and they are generating turnovers which is great.  They can get passed on for sure, Ryan and Brees proved that.  

Yea i guess I agree with that. Thats why we need better QB play. 

6 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Of course it's hard to predict the future and what this team will be like next year but against a harder schedule this team is closer to .500.

For sure. If that, honestly. I can see us losing 10 games next season with a harder schedule and less turnover margin (****s impossible to keep up, Eagles say hi)

34 minutes ago, zskins said:

I took it as real fans love their team no matter what when you threw the for real man comment in there. 

I mean I dont know what you want me to say? Sorry? Did my joke (followed by lol, in fact) from another thread hurt you so that you had to bring it in here when I ignored you the first time?

So you quote me not saying the thing you are saying I'm saying and I'm supposed to defend that ****? 

Whatever dude lol. 

Yall keep crying about the winning record. Ima keep hoping they do something.

10 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

His anaconda don't want none unless you can check down son.

Lmao yo

I'm gonna stay positive after a gutsy win. Although Smith hasn't played very well, at least he hasn't turned the ball over much. One turnover today could have changed that game. Obviously, the injuries have made things more difficult for him. Hopefully when Crowder, CT and some others come back things will start to click for him. That said, I really am curious to see what McCoy can do. I'd be willing to bet he knows the offense better. I saw him talking to fans after the game today. Seems like a real nice guy.

Just now, Llevron said:

I mean I dont know what you want me to say? Sorry? Did my joke (followed by lol, in fact) from another thread hurt you so? 

So you quote me not saying the thing you are saying I'm saying and I'm supposed to defend that ****? 

Whatever dude lol. 

Yall keep crying about the winning record. Ima keep hoping they do something.

My only problem with your comment is that you keep on saying "yall". You can't make an implied blanket statement saying everyone except you. That is the only problem I have with your comment in the game day thread and here. You won't find a single post by me crying about a win. That's all. To each own I guess. 

3 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

This offense is just putrid to watch. It cannot get worse with McCoy.

I don't see a change at QB unless there's an injury.  I actually think Smith had his best game today with less talent around him.  IMO, he's getting more comfortable, but that should've been the case from the start.  

56 minutes ago, dckey said:

Reed has not been himself this year, The Vernon miss was bad, and he has to make every throw count.  How many times have you seen someone get behind a DB?  Please show me these plays.  Do you want him to just throw it in double coverage Like he did to Quick?  Look I'm not saying he is great or above avg. but putting the blame solely on him is crazy to me.  He is not the type of qb that you want to put points on the board with the skill players we have.  Would Goff be a good qb without McVay and those weapons?  Seeing how he is playing, do you think he would do better than Smith here?

With all due respect, this is an Alex Smith thread, not a "everything that's wrong with the team" thread.  No one is saying everything is his fault, I'm saying he's not playing well at all, not for the money we are lying him.

He's missing wide open passes along with waiting for guys to be wide open versus NFL open, his own coaches are saying this. I can show you vids, but they watch more film then both of us, others have posted that, that the biggest problem with Alex Smith, not the rest of the team.

Goff would do better here, he's making and attempting throws that either Alex can't or won't do.  A better QB dosn't make us the Saints, but we need to separate the overall play of the offense from Alex individual play in this conversation.  Great QBs make players around them better, giving him that much money and having to put players around him to make him better makes me sick.

1 minute ago, zskins said:

My only problem with your comment is that you keep on saying "yall". You can't make an implied blanket statement saying everyone except you. That is the only problem I have with your comment in the game day thread and here. You won't find a single post by me crying about a win. That's all. To each own I guess. 

Glad you got that off your chest lol

Archived