Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins vs Cowboys Prediction Thread: Who Wants To Be On Top ?

skins island connection

Who Wins the Game ?  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the battle for 1st place in the division?

• Washington Redskins
    • Dallas Cowboys
    • Tie ? we don't need no stinkin' tie !!

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/21/2018 at 08:00 PM

Some of y'all are nuts with your scores. This has the makings of a 6-3 game. 2 good defenses. 2 good run games. 2 bad pass offenses. 

Could just come down to STs, TOs, Penalties and luck of one play.

Or 2 mediocre teams play crap games and screw up all over the place repeatedly. 

It's nearly half way into the season and both these teams have equally poor passing games.  With the injuries to the Skins receivers and the lack of Dallas receivers, the team that wins the turnover battle and manages TD's vs FG's wins.  Much like the Colts game, should Dallas come out of the gate with a TD, it won't be close.  Skins must come out with a scoring drive to win.  Skins play poorly on offense in the second half and don't make adjustments at half time (probably the worst in the NFL).  Should the Skins come out and use their TE advantage and manage to open some holes for AP, then they have an advantage at home vs a Dallas team that losses on the road.  This may be the larger statistic here.  Must win game for the Skins, no doubt they're playing a season defining game on Sunday. 

If the Skins come out strong, they win 23-20....if they stumble out of the gate, like in the Colts game, they'll lose by a margin of points that will keep their .500 team talk going.  Two .500 teams, someone has to win, might as well be 'Win one for Rich Tandler,' RIP!!

If the players focus on their goals, their assignments, and not get cutesy or worse get caught with their pants down, they have a strong probability of winning.

Making a nice defense of a pass, great job, but don't go nuts on the field like a crack head, because that's when they'll come right back at that player and he ends up getting burned.

Like Charles Mann said, do your job, get a pat on the behind or a 'good job' from a player or coach, but you better be ready for the next play.

I hope the skins come out and win this one, but recent history vs Dallas hasn't been good. Their defense which has a bunch of turds on the DL minus dlaw, gives us fits. 

They better have something special planned to make a statement this week, or else it could well end up like the colts game. 

I wish Cam Sims was healthy, same for Quinn. Hopefully the defense comes out with their hair on fire and stifles that big headed mutant Elliot.

Ok, so I’m trying to find some optimism for this game, but I got nothing.  

I love what AP has done for us, but he’s banged up, the oline is banged up, Smith hasn’t really made defenses have to respect the pass, and Peterson and the oline are facing their toughest test.  

I like our DTs, but they’re going against a good oline, a very good back, and a qb that can escape pressure.  

I like Smith’s care with the ball and veteran savvy over Prescott, but Smith has struggled both in general, and when facing interior pressure... and that’s exactly what we can expect.  Prescott’s more likely to have a run game to lean on and an oline to give him time.  

I like our TEs better... but Dallas has legit linebackers who I think are far better than ours in coverage.  

I like that we’ve fared better at home and Dallas has fared worse on the road, but... it’s Fedex field and the Skins.  I’m hoping Dallas week brings a better turnout.   

Two wild cards - Beasley against Moreau (not happy about that matchup), and Thompson (I think?) returning.  Not loving a banged up Thompson against this front 7.  

I suppose the closest I’ve got is that that Hopkins has been playing well.  It’s certainly possible he makes the difference if it’s low scoring.  I’ll add that while I’m not sold on this secondary, they could get a turnover or two vs Prescott, which (as I said earlier in the week) is pretty much of my one hope for pulling this one off. 

On the bright side, this could be a serious statement game if we’re able to punch them in the mouth with our ground game, and/or Smith (et al) really step it up this week.  

1 hour ago, The Hangman- C_Hanburger said:

Looks like we will have to run a heavy package most of the game with no WR's to play. 3 tight ends again, full back? Going to be ground and pound with AD.

Can AD match Elliot?

Lets hope for rain...I don't know how this game will unfold...

Its these types of games that can shine a light on an unknown, budding star to make a splash. Desperation can be a good thing.

2 minutes ago, SAli457180 said:

Seriously makes me nervous when Doctson IS the #1 WR going in to this game and then Floyd, Mo Harris, and Quick.  

Reed is our #1 Receiver and he's healthy. 

Mo Harris takes the slot and digs...now back for his 3rd game and should be playing more fluid.

Quick is all about ST's. 

As for Doctson, people forget that Doctson has never gotten separation as a route runner and doesn't have speed to get over the top.  He's a jumper and he's not been given 50/50 balls.  Alex Smith throws to him and it goes way out of bounds or way out of reach.  It's not a 50/50 ball. It's as much on Alex Smith as it's on Doctson for what Doctson is good at.  They'll need to give him chances when he's got man coverage.  I'd say that anytime Doctson has 1-on-1 on the other side of the 50, they've gotta take a legit shot to let him win at the high point.  

47 minutes ago, skins island connection said:

Its these types of games that can shine a light on an unknown, budding star to make a splash.

That sings Mo Harris and Doctson...I think they've gotta let it fly when these guys have single coverage deep enough for any turnover to be equal to a punt. 

1 hour ago, skinny21 said:

Beasley against Moreau (not happy about that matchup)

Beasley doesn't scare anyone bro.  He's nothing special and he's No Julian Edelman!  Dak isn't an accurate QB either.  They deserve to lose if they win with a passing attack, but that's not going to happen.

1 hour ago, SAli457180 said:

They'll probably focus on taking Reed away in the passing game while staking the box against AP.

You can't stack the box and double Reed...there's not enough people.  That's why VD gets wide open and exactly why they run 3 TE sets.  It's a nightmare. If they zone cover and double Reed, someone's always open.  It could be AP, so this comes down to play calling. 

Go to :44 seconds and watch the issues with 8 in the box and when you fudge the zone to Reed.  Just one example of why you're screwed

when you put 8 in the box.

2 hours ago, TheShredder said:

Beasley doesn't scare anyone bro.  He's nothing special and he's No Julian Edelman!  Dak isn't an accurate QB either.  They deserve to lose if they win with a passing attack, but that's not going to happen.

Haha, yeah, I know.  He can move the chains though and is Prescott’s go to guy.  I don’t think Moreau is up to the task yet as he’s just starting out.  Not expecting a monster day or anything, but extending drives here and there could have a big net impact.  

3 minutes ago, London Kev said:

That's such an unusual score that I was intrigued, so decided to check. 29-18 has only ever happened twice, once in 1965 and again in 2014.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/game_scores_find.cgi?pts_win=29&pts_lose=18

The Falcons Cardinals game is how I see it going, they start quick then kick us to death with FGs. We get a garbage time 8 pointer...sadly.

Hopefully not though. 

15 hours ago, TheShredder said:

I read something on here about how we have done very very well in the slant on defense. Beasley?

Archived