Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The airline experience has become miserable

No Excuses

9 minutes ago, The Almighty Buzz said:

How does a plane crash mid-flight?  If it crashed, wouldn't that pretty much be the end of the flight?

Presumably, that's mid-intended flight.  But nobody's gonna write it out that way.  Hell, people can't even write "How are you doing?"  They'll write "How U?"  

Edited by China

Farting Passenger On Airplane Farts From New York To California

Airline customers are having mixed opinions after a passenger asked the person he was next to, to “ease up on the farts”

The flight was going from New York to California when the passenger started to smell continuous farts from the person he was sitting next to. He did all he could to block out the odors. Even put on two covid masks on top of one another but that still didn’t prevent the smell from seeping through. Until finally, he asked the passenger to go to stand in the bathroom and “get it all out”.

The passenger denied his request and stated that what he was going through is a natural bodily function. The passenger then puts his headphones back on and proceeded to fart all the way to California.

The man smelling the farts decides to reach out to social media to see if other people thought he was being inconsiderate to the farting passenger. 

The man wrote: “I was flying back to California from a work trip in NYC, and just about every 15-20 minutes, I smell the foulest of farts. So bad that I got the extra masks I brought and wore a double mask the whole flight to block the smell a little better. After a while, I was getting sick of it, and asked the guy next to me if that was him farting the whole time. I was trying to be as polite as I could about it, and he seemed not to be offended or anything…just said “Oh yeah, sorry man” and went back to watching his in-flight movie.

“Another hour goes by and he’s still letting one rip at a regular basis, so I followed up by saying, “Hey sorry to bug you again, but if you’re farting this much, could you just like…go to the bathroom or something? Just get it all out so you can ease up on the farts a bit!” 

Click on the link for the full article

• Haha 1

On 9/11/2022 at 11:21 AM, China said:

rarrrphots23.jpg?utm_source=fark&utm_med

NPR planet money did a segment in this and the conclusion was:

adjusting for inflation todays First Class flight costs what economy cost back then. 

It’s not that quality went down. The first class experience is still great. They found ways to make cheaper options to appeal to more people over time. 

I'm sure some would call this hell but I think it's ****ing awesome.

https://thepointsguy.com/news/southwest-ukulele-lessons/

Southwest Airlines is known for its fun, memorable, and Instagrammable moments at their gate and on their planes.

There are corny jokes galore. Snack crowns and toilet paper bouquets for brides. Shark Week flights. Entire weddings saved. That time in 2019, when passengers headed to San Diego for a comic-themed convention received Nintendo Switch systems.

And who can forget the rapping flight attendant?

Many official Southwest ‘surprise and delight’ events were put on hold during the pandemic. But it looks like they are back.

Yesterday morning 175 passengers flying on Southwest flight 2271 from Long Beach Airport (LGB) to Honolulu’s Daniel K. Inouye International Airport (HNL) became part of a special musical flight.

In a partnership with global musical instrument retailer Guitar Center, passengers on this Hawaii-bound flight were gifted a travel-sized Mitchell MU40 Soprano ukulele, a Road Runner carrying case, and a goodie bag.

Passengers were also treated to what is being billed as the first-ever inflight ukulele class.

After departure and drink service, Guitar Center Lessons instructors from Hawaii taught passengers how to play the ukuleles, an instrument associated with Hawaii and Hawaiian music.

The ukulele’s reputation as an easy-to-learn instrument proved true. As they set off across the Pacific Ocean, passengers were invited to join a group lesson with the goal of playing the song “Hello, Aloha. How are you?” together.

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Like 1

Security line at Sea-Tac Airport reaches 2.5 hours long, wrapping inside parking garage

Security lines at Seattle-Tacoma International Airport on Sunday morning stretched into the parking garage, double-backing several times.

According to tweets from travelers, the wait was about 2.5 hours.

A reply said there was only one TSA worker for general boarding.

Automated TSA lanes and an airside Disney Store: Orlando's Terminal C is now open

At 3:30 p.m. on Tuesday, the first flight will arrive at Orlando International Airport's new Terminal C from Manchester, England. The plan is for Ireland's Aer Lingus, which will operate that first flight, and Brazil's Gol to operate out of the terminal first, to be joined by other international airlines before the end of this week, and then JetBlue and Air Caribbean next week. 

Terminal C represents a major expansion for Orlando Airport, which was the ninth-busiest airport in the country in 2019, the last year for which the Bureau of Transportation Statistics published rankings. 

"As this region was growing because of what was happening because of all the destinations and attractions that were here, you needed to create a hub for all of that movement," Kevin Thibault, CEO of the Greater Orland Aviation Authority told USA TODAY. "In the last four to five years they’ve been building this phase one of the terminal."

The whole project puts an emphasis on hi-tech updates to the regular drudgery of air travel. Some of the highlights include automated TSA checkpoints and biometric boarding for all international flights.

Click on the link for the full article

9 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I like ukulele music.  I just wouldn't want to be held captive on a plane with a bunch of mother****ers trying to learn it.  

I get that. Still better to me than the 4yo assholes who repeatedly scream, cry, and bang/kick the back of your seat while their parents do nothing.

Or the dumbasses who pull on your seat because they don't know how to get up.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, The 12th Commandment said:

Anyone have thoughts or experiences with TSA precheck or the global version?  Worth the money?  

💯

Global entry was fantastic when we went to Venice/Rome pre pandemic. Avoided hour++ wait in Chicago on the way home. Global also comes with TSA precheck and use it all the time now when we fly. 

The only downside to global is that you have to do an interview (with TSA at a major airport usually) and it can take awhile to get them scheduled, depending on your location. 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

Hawaiian Ukulele music >>> Tool >>> crashing into the Andes and resorting to cannibalism

Idk....cannibalism may still be better then Tool. At least then you can eat the people who insist on Tool being good.

12 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

💯

Global entry was fantastic when we went to Venice/Rome pre pandemic. Avoided hour++ wait in Chicago on the way home. Global also comes with TSA precheck and use it all the time now when we fly. 

The only downside to global is that you have to do an interview (with TSA at a major airport usually) and it can take awhile to get them scheduled, depending on your location. 

I just applied for mine and theres a possibilty for a virtual interview now

Edited by Xameil
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, Ball Security said:

Sick brag about maintaining labor peace.

Just as an aside to the Amtrak shade.  My folks had a three day trip booked with a sleeper car.  A month before their trip they got an email stating that their car was taken out of service and they now had coach seats.  Sitting in a chair for three days.  They're in their eighties mind you.  No we can reschedule, no explanation for why they couldn't be in a different car... just coach...for three days.  That **** got cancelled and Amtrak lost good customers who are very supportive of rail service in general.  They need to get their **** together before they start in on other outfits.

Edited by The 12th Commandment