Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sports Wagering thread

Bang

47 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Well fwiw 2 of the QBs are injured. So all it takes is a solid hit early and you lost that bet. I can also see Hurts easily vulturing a passing TD or 2 with his legs. 

It doesn't say it has to be the starting QB that throws the TD just FYI.

I also have a bet match up to $50 so I'm getting $50 in free bets for making the $50 bet.

Edited by purbeast
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, purbeast said:

It doesn't say it has to be the starting QB that throws the TD just FYI.

I also have a bet match up to $50 so I'm getting $50 in free bets for making the $50 bet.

I took the first one.  Didn’t have the boost, but got it at +120.  Took another where all 4 teams score two TDs.  I believe that was at +150.

• 2 weeks later...

Sports betting has risen tenfold in three years. Addiction experts fear the next opioid crisis

The sports betting market has multiplied tenfold in three years and may have reached $7 billion in 2022. More than half of the nation can now legally gamble on sports. Fifty million Americans are expected to bet on the upcoming Super Bowl.  

Five years ago, betting on live games was illegal in most of the United States. A Supreme Court ruling in 2018 removed the ban and transformed the industry. Now, 33 states and the District of Columbia allow wagers on games.  

Addiction experts fear a coming national epidemic to rival the opioid crisis. 

“Gambling is a very different addiction from drugs or alcohol,” said Lia Nower, a professor and director of the Center for Gambling Studies at Rutgers University. “If I’m drunk or high, at some point my family is going to figure it out. With gambling, I can be sitting with my kids, watching cartoons, and gambling away my house, my car, everything I own, on my mobile phone. How would you know?” 

The Supreme Court ruling struck down a federal law that had banned most commercial sport wagering outside Las Vegas. The subsequent spread of legal gambling was stunningly swift.  

Lobbyists pampered state lawmakers with parties and promises, predicting millions in new tax dollars. Much of the promised revenue hasn’t reached the states, according to a New York Times investigation. 

But gambling dollars have reached the betting operators. The industry reaped $4.3 billion in revenue on $57 billion in wagers in 2021. In the first 11 months of 2022, Americans bet $83 billion on sports and delivered $6.6 billion to betting firms. That figure is 15 times what the sports gambling industry reaped in 2018.  

Click on the link for the full article

I'm about to start a legit bankroll and see if I an gradually increase it.  I've been doing a lot of research about it recently and learning a ton.

And when I say "legit bankroll" I am talking about a few hundred and betting units of like 1-2% of my initial bankroll on bets that are like -/+110, and see if over a while I can double it and just see where it goes.

I have had a ton of fun using the free bets and money and made quite a lot of money off of it without using a dime of my own money other than the initial stuff needed to get free bets, but I was mainly doing parlays and stuff that won't pay off in the long run.  I am definitely up at least $2k off of free bets since around Thanksgiving.

Like a few days ago I signed up for Caesars and you have to make a minimum $20 bet to get a free $100 bet.  I hit a +447 3 leg parlay with that $20 and got a nice payout.  And now I have the $100 free bet on a 2 leg parlay tonight.  These aren't the kinds of bets I want to do if I try to do it more legit as mentioned above.

Edited by purbeast

44 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

I have a fun prop.  I took the over 160.5 on the sum of jersey numbers scoring a TD.  Just need Kelce or Goddert to come through.  But there are so many potential TD scorers with low numbers.

Kelce/Goedert tds will get you there. But the days on low digit WRs make this harder than it should be. 

Kelce with 2tds seems almost a given today. 

Edited by The Evil Genius

Put $10 down on the Chiefs moneyline over 58.5 after the Eagles made it 21-14.  It was +220 and that hit so that was a nice little bet.  That's all I put down on the game.

Almost put down another $10 on Mahomes under 225.5 when the 4th started but didn't.  It was -115 I think and that would have hit easily.

On 2/12/2023 at 8:13 AM, Ball Security said:

I have a fun prop.  I took the over 160.5 on the sum of jersey numbers scoring a TD.  Just need Kelce or Goddert to come through.  But there are so many potential TD scorers with low numbers.

This hit right with just the Chiefs with 5tds scored and Kelce and a D td score? Or is my math wrong? 

Edit...162 for the Chiefs?

• 1 month later...
29 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

Alright boys and girls, whatcha got for the tournament.  I ran it up a little in the conference tournament and hit on Pitt.  Looking for some fun first round picks.

Pick a 12 seed. Pick 2 of them if the money is right.

12 seeds win 35.8% of the first round games. And in the last 40 years we have seen three 12 seeds win in the first round as much as zero 12 seeds win in the irst round of a year. 

I really think Oral Roberts can get to the sweet 16 again even with a tough Duke game. VCU would be my other 12 pick, if I bet. 

10 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Pick a 12 seed. Pick 2 of them if the money is right.

12 seeds win 35.8% of the first round games. And in the last 40 years we have seen three 12 seeds win in the first round as much as zero 12 seeds win in the irst round of a year. 

I really think Oral Roberts can get to the sweet 16 again even with a tough Duke game. VCU would be my other 12 pick, if I bet. 

Yeah, I’m going with Charleston.  I’d like to take VCU but I live in Va.

I think I’ll go with Louisiana over Tennessee 13-4.

• 5 weeks later...

A grab bag of weekend picks.

MLB today

Rays -120, how do you bet against these guys?  You don't, ride the hot streak.

Dodgers -154, a little pricey but I think Syndergaard pitches well.  

Braves -129

NBA Saturday & Sunday

Over 214.5 Nets/Sixers

Warriors PK

Celtics -9

Over 228.5 Lakers/Grizzlies

Lakers +3.5

Good luck!

• Thumb up 1