Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sports Wagering thread

Bang

2-3 last week, missed my extra pick, and the Dolphins fell apart after the first quarter.  15-15 on the year.  I seem to be the only one posting in this thread recently but what the heck I'll keep going.

Week 8

Buccaneers -2 (I refuse to believe Tom Brady loses three games in a row even if they look horrible.  Ravens may be without Andrews.)

Saints +1

Falcons -4.5

Eagles -10.5

Giants +3

NBA extra tonight, Mavericks -3.  Nets are a joke, and they are on the second game of a back-to-back.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, abdcskins said:

Whatever week this is, I stopped keeping track of my record in this thread.  About .500

Under 36 Broncos/Panthers.  Two of the worst offensive teams in the league, this game screams 20-14.

Browns +3.5 -120

Packers +6.5

Seahawks -4

Steelers +2.5

Since it is legal in Maryland now from my sofa, teach me this please.

Browns win by 3.5 I get.  Seahawks lose by 4 I'm guessing?  What is the -120?  How do I bet a straight up win/loss?  I feel like I can easily pick 2 or 3 "locks" a week.

*Yes I know about betting what I can afford, etc.

18 minutes ago, The Annoying Buzz said:

Since it is legal in Maryland now from my sofa, teach me this please.

Browns win by 3.5 I get.  Seahawks lose by 4 I'm guessing?  What is the -120?  How do I bet a straight up win/loss?  I feel like I can easily pick 2 or 3 "locks" a week.

*Yes I know about betting what I can afford, etc.

Actually it is the other way around.  Browns to lose by 3 or less and they win.  Anytime you see a + number just think of them as starting the game up.  -120 just meant that you need to pay a little extra juice on that bet, as in bet 120 to win 100. Browns ended up winning the game so I won that bet.  Seahawks need to win by more than 4 points for me to win that bet.  If they win by 4 then it is considered a push: no bet you get your money back.

If you want to pick straight winners then you would be looking at the moneyline.  That is always a negative number for the favorite and a positive number for the underdog.  For instance this evening the Eagles are -300.  That means you need to bet $300 in order to win $100 if you are just betting on them to win straight up.  Packers are +230.  If you bet $100 on them and they win then you win $230.  You can bet any amount you want, it would just be calculated accordingly.  

Good luck man, it's a brutal game.  But you can get hot for sure!

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, abdcskins said:

Actually it is the other way around.  Browns to lose by 3 or less and they win.  Anytime you see a + number just think of them as starting the game up.  -120 just meant that you need to pay a little extra juice on that bet, as in bet 120 to win 100. Browns ended up winning the game so I won that bet.  Seahawks need to win by more than 4 points for me to win that bet.  If they win by 4 then it is considered a push: no bet you get your money back.

If you want to pick straight winners then you would be looking at the moneyline.  That is always a negative number for the favorite and a positive number for the underdog.  For instance this evening the Eagles are -300.  That means you need to bet $300 in order to win $100 if you are just betting on them to win straight up.  Packers are +230.  If you bet $100 on them and they win then you win $230.  You can bet any amount you want, it would just be calculated accordingly.  

Good luck man, it's a brutal game.  But you can get hot for sure!

Gotcha.  So the Eagles moneyline -280 right now, I could put $50 on Philly and win like $20 or something?  Assuming Philly wins the game, not by any set spread?

2 minutes ago, The Annoying Buzz said:

Gotcha.  So the Eagles moneyline -280 right now, I could put $50 on Philly and win like $20 or something?  Assuming Philly wins the game, not by any set spread?

Yep.  It would probably be a little less than that, maybe win like $15 but you get the idea.

21 minutes ago, abdcskins said:

Yep.  It would probably be a little less than that, maybe win like $15 but you get the idea.

Thanks.

So as long as I have the discipline to not chase the bigger wins and stick to say -300+ games, I should end up in the black, but just by a little, right?  Theoretically/mathematically, right?

18 minutes ago, The Annoying Buzz said:

Thanks.

So as long as I have the discipline to not chase the bigger wins and stick to say -300+ games, I should end up in the black, but just by a little, right?  Theoretically/mathematically, right?

Impossible to say.  Depends on which games you pick.  Seriously, it is completely unpredictable.  The Packers could upset the Eagles tonight.

I don't know about parlays, but I like over 46.  Eagles offense is ready to put up some big numbers and the Packers can score like 20.  Final score Eagles 28 Packers 20.

And yeah I have the Packers +6.5 so I am sort of hedging haha.  I went 2-1 so far today, that under in the Broncos game was money.  Russell Wilson is so done, Broncos really screwed themselves on that one.

Edited by abdcskins

14 hours ago, abdcskins said:

Less than halfway through the first quarter and there are 20 points.  Over about to be money 💵

I checked this too late, but I had a nice SGP...

Eagles ML

Hurts ALT Rushing Yards (Over 25)

Sanders ALT Rushing Yards (Over 25)

Smith ALT Receiving Yards (Over 40)

Brown Any Time TD

Watson Any Time TD

+1742 

Tonight I'm rolling with: 

Steelers +2.5

Freiermuth ALT Receiving Yards (Over 40)

Pickens ALT Receiving Yards (Over 25)

Campbell ALT Receiving Yards (Over 25)

Pittman ALT Receiving Yards (Over 40)

Pittman Any Time TD

Harris ALT Rushing Yards (Over 40)

Taylor ALT Rushing Yards (Over 50)

+3322

I won't hit two of those longshots in a row, but need to strike while the iron is hot! 

• Like 1

So no one else makes the same mistake as I did...

Apparently for the World Cup games, the FIRST team listed is the Home team and the second one is the away team.  I thought I was betting on the number of corner kicks for USA but apparently it was for Iran.

There is a note in the app but I didn't even see it until it was too late.  

• Like 1

LMAO I hit this last night with a free bet. 

zxvVql3.png

Honestly this **** is so stressful to watch games with things like this on the line, there is no chance I could do this with my own money or anything.  I didn't watch the full game but was watching a bit of it and then I saw the end of the third quarter and at that point I needed 4 points from both Kuzma and Beal.  Then with about 6 mins left all I needed was 2 from Beal and he went to the line and hit 1/2 so I needed 1 pt.  He then didn't do anything except turn over the ball until like 2 mins left when he got fouled on a 3pt shot and I was pretty sure it was a wrap then.

I also hit on a small parlay I did with Booker and Derozan.  It was the $5 Draft Kings bet to get a free $200 lol.  So I won $15 from that and also have 8 $25 free bets now.

I cashed out my $965 last night though.  That is going to help a lot this time of year.