Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Press Release: #REDSKINS MAKE ROSTER MOVES

TK

For Immediate Release                                                                                  

September 18, 2018

REDSKINS MAKE ROSTER MOVES

LOUDOUN COUNTY, Va. – The Washington Redskins announced today that they have made the following roster moves:

The Redskins signed the following free agents:

WR Michael Floyd

WR Breshad Perriman

The Redskins terminated the contract of the following players from the practice squad:

DB Jeremy Reaves

WR Teo Redding

The Redskins signed the following players to their practice squad:

WR Jehu Chesson

T Chris Durant

The Redskins placed the following player on their Reserve/Injured list:

RB Rob Kelley

9 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Sigh.  Calling for outside WR help all off season, we sign a second tier guy, realize that’s not good enough after week 2, and then have to scramble to find best of the “meh.” 

Real pity Quinn and Sims went out so early.

However I doubt either was really the solution to the actual problem...

I'm more upset that Mo Harris has been MIA all this time. I'm not angry at him having his brain scrambled, but just irritated that it happened, as I felt he could have really emerged to be of help. 

17 minutes ago, Sandy Monk said:

I'm more upset that Mo Harris has been MIA all this time. I'm not angry at him having his brain scrambled, but just irritated that it happened, as I felt he could have really emerged to be of help. 

Yeah, I forgot about Mo.  

However, it’s worth noting that the top 3 player in both the first 2 games and did about squat. 

3 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Yeah, I forgot about Mo.  

However, it’s worth noting that the top 3 player in both the first 2 games and did about squat. 

I hear this. It's early, but I do think it will work out well enough for Crowder and Richardson. Doctson leaves me worried, but I am not ready to shut out the possibilities either. 

I haven't seen the coverages in close detail, but they are clearly focused on spreading the ball around. 

43 total targets vs Indy. 

16 of them to our top 3 WRs.

16 of them to our RBs, lol. 

9 to the TEs, all but 1 for JR. 

My hope is that Doctson is feeling the pressure and steps his game way up. My other hope is that if he does not, and I mean soon.. that Mo Harris takes his place and kicks ass. 

7 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

We could have Antonio Brown, Julio Jones and Odell Beckham and it wouldn't matter.....the play calling is what matters. When the other team knows what you're going to do no one is going to get open. We need to get the Bingo caller back to help Jay call offensive plays...

I so hope this is wrong, but it scares me, cuz it sure looked like Indy knew exactly what we were trying on near every snap. :unsure:

RB and WR squad has been hit by the injury bug this year so far. None of them have been top line guys but it hurts the depth and rotation nonetheless. 

I haven't given up on Perine. Hope he gets a chance to shine a bit. I know he has had some fumbling issues but he's only 23 and in his second year for god's sake. 

9 minutes ago, abdcskins said:

RB and WR squad has been hit by the injury bug this year so far. None of them have been top line guys but it hurts the depth and rotation nonetheless. 

I haven't given up on Perine. Hope he gets a chance to shine a bit. I know he has had some fumbling issues but he's only 23 and in his second year for god's sake. 

Well said. These five are already on IR:

RB - Derrius Guice

RB - Byron Marshall

WR - Robert Davis

WR - Cam Sims

WR - Trey Quinn

Most are obviously not starters, but that's a big dent to the depth. Curiously, the other three players on IR are two guards and a TE, so all offensive players.

2 hours ago, kingdaddy said:

We could have Antonio Brown, Julio Jones and Odell Beckham and it wouldn't matter.....the play calling is what matters. When the other team knows what you're going to do no one is going to get open. We need to get the Bingo caller back to help Jay call offensive plays...

Not sure I'm buying this. I'm not buying that Jay can scheme anyone open either (which we heard a lot in years past) but I think that we basically have really marginal talent at WR. When we had Garcon and DJax, everyone was open. Doctson scares no one, and drops a lot of balls.. Richardson doesn't scare anyone. Crowder can't do it all himself.

18 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

Alex Smith could have Antonio Brown, OBJ, and Julio wide open down the field at the same time and it wouldn't matter because the only thing that beats a touchdown is a 3 yard dump off on 3rd and 5 to Crowder.

Alex Smith needs to adopt "**** it, I'm going deep" 

I think Smith needs to try to push the ball downfield more, I agree. But if guys are not getting open, it might cause more issues than we currently have. At this point, I'm not sure what the solution is. Our #3 WR is our best WR. We need to feature Reed, and Davis more. I'm not sure how you scheme this when you're top 2 WR's are probably your 5th and 6th best pass catchers, because Thompson is better than either. It's a mess.

1 hour ago, London Kev said:

Well said. These five are already on IR:

RB - Derrius Guice

RB - Byron Marshall

WR - Robert Davis

WR - Cam Sims

WR - Trey Quinn

Most are obviously not starters, but that's a big dent to the depth. Curiously, the other three players on IR are two guards and a TE, so all offensive players.

6 on IR. Robert Kelley was added today. Still averaging about 1 RB to IR every other week.

On 9/18/2018 at 11:01 PM, Morneblade said:

Not sure I'm buying this. I'm not buying that Jay can scheme anyone open either (which we heard a lot in years past) but I think that we basically have really marginal talent at WR. When we had Garcon and DJax, everyone was open. Doctson scares no one, and drops a lot of balls.. Richardson doesn't scare anyone. Crowder can't do it all himself.

I think Smith needs to try to push the ball downfield more, I agree. But if guys are not getting open, it might cause more issues than we currently have. At this point, I'm not sure what the solution is. Our #3 WR is our best WR. We need to feature Reed, and Davis more. I'm not sure how you scheme this when you're top 2 WR's are probably your 5th and 6th best pass catchers, because Thompson is better than either. It's a mess.

Smith is supposed to be the guy who allows Doc to go up and get the ball when covered...I predict the offense opens up a lot more this week. Alex and Rodgers are supposedly tight so they should be trying to outduel each other.

On 9/18/2018 at 11:01 PM, Morneblade said:

For years, I've believed that Jay "schemes" receivers open. Either his scheme has been figured out, or our QB is near sighted.

10 hours ago, bowhunter said:

For years, I've believed that Jay "schemes" receivers open. Either his scheme has been figured out, or our QB is near sighted.

In my opinion, that short answer is he doesn't.

Long answer is that he does draw up plays to help receivers get open, but it still up to the receiver to run the route properly, and run it well. There is also coverage recognition, and making CB's respect all routes on the route tree.

His scheme has been run for years going back to Cincy, and to think that it's all of a sudden NOW that it's been figured out, that really doesn't make sense.

I think it's too early to come to any conclusions just yet, but I'm guessing our WR's are not helping.

13 hours ago, kingdaddy said:

Smith is supposed to be the guy who allows Doc to go up and get the ball when covered...I predict the offense opens up a lot more this week. Alex and Rodgers are supposedly tight so they should be trying to outduel each other.

Sorry, Smith is NOT the guy to throw up 50/50 balls. That is the LAST thing he does. He throws up 90/10 balls. He doesn't go out and try to out duel anyone. He is conservative, and efficient and doesn't turn the ball over. You want the guy to go out and out duel Rodgers?

We let him go. Go watch the Minny/GB game.

12 hours ago, Morneblade said:

Sorry, Smith is NOT the guy to throw up 50/50 balls. That is the LAST thing he does. He throws up 90/10 balls. He doesn't go out and try to out duel anyone. He is conservative, and efficient and doesn't turn the ball over. You want the guy to go out and out duel Rodgers?

We let him go. Go watch the Minny/GB game.

I did watch the Minny/GB game. I also watched Alex Smith destroy New England on opening night last year by out slinging Tom Brady throwing for over 300 yards and 4 TD's I believe. I think what you mean to say is that Gruden's offense won't permit Alex Smith to outduel Rodgers, same as Kirk Cousins couldn't put the ball in the end zone in two must win games in 2016 at home, prime time, vs the Panthers and Giants. Time will tell but we do need to give Smith more than 2 games before we label him nothing more than a dink and dunker. It's up to Gruden to call for shots down field and Alex to take them. 

11 hours ago, kingdaddy said:

I did watch the Minny/GB game. I also watched Alex Smith destroy New England on opening night last year by out slinging Tom Brady throwing for over 300 yards and 4 TD's I believe. I think what you mean to say is that Gruden's offense won't permit Alex Smith to outduel Rodgers, same as Kirk Cousins couldn't put the ball in the end zone in two must win games in 2016 at home, prime time, vs the Panthers and Giants. Time will tell but we do need to give Smith more than 2 games before we label him nothing more than a dink and dunker. It's up to Gruden to call for shots down field and Alex to take them. 

2 Games? We've had 13 years to see that.

Archived