Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Unpopular Opinions Thread (Non-Political)

AsburySkinsFan

6 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

You can call it attacking and counterattacking if you want. It’s still boring AF and equally exciting as watching a pitcher shake off signs.  

Certainly better than watching commercials and replays of what you just saw three replays ago.

It’s amazing to me how ineffective NFL defenses actually are, if they actually played close to 60 minutes the score would be on average 116 to 71, but they only play 1/4’s worth of the game.

34 minutes ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

It’s amazing to me how ineffective NFL defenses actually are, if they actually played close to 60 minutes the score would be on average 116 to 71, but they only play 1/4’s worth of the game.

Huh?  If the defense played better the scores would be higher?

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Destino said:

Occoquan Regional Park, Pohick Bay, Aquia, and sometimes Burke Lake.  Kind of new to it so I haven't really settled on what I'd consider my "spots." 

Nice, I heard that Bay water near the Maryland/Virginia line has some good fishing. 

If you ever have the itch to fish in Hampton Roads, I can give you some good spots to yak and fish.  Rudee Inlet, Lynnhaven Inlet, Willoughby Spit, HRBT, and CBBT are the main spots for all the sal****er kayak anglers. 

They are actually having kayak fishing contest this weekend here in Va. Beach.  http://www.tkaa.org/Website/

Check out the forums, you'll find some helpful tips. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, zoony said:

Huh?  If the defense played better the scores would be higher?

I’m comparing the amount of time played in an NFL game to sports that actually play their full clock time, in this case 60 minutes (NBA, NHL) if it was compared directly to soccer (90 minutes) we start seeing that scoring in football is relatively easy. We get lulled into this idea that NFL defenses are effective over 60 minutes but they are actually pretty ineffective over 15 minutes.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

I’m comparing the amount of time played in an NFL game to sports that actually play their full clock time, in this case 60 minutes (NBA, NHL) if it was compared directly to soccer (90 minutes) we start seeing that scoring in football is relatively easy. We get lulled into this idea that NFL defenses are effective over 60 minutes but they are actually pretty ineffective over 15 minutes.

Well that just sounds like football is a better designed game

I enjoy the world cup, i think international soccer is always fun.  But i didnt watch without the US in the tourney this past year.

I am always amazed at how badly the best soccer players in the world miss the net.  Strikes from the top of the box sailing 15 yards wide and above, and the guy makes a scene like "oh it was soo close!".  Umm no it wasnt douchebag.  It was 15 ****ing yards wide.  Why dont you go roll around and hold your knee or something.seriously these huge misses happen constantly, all game long.  How is that freaking possible for pro players?

Im trying to picture Ovechkin missing a slapshot by 15 yards that goes into the stands and kills an usher... and him being like "aaaigh it was soooo close!"

Thats the problem I have with watching soccer.  Its just not impressive.  Its basically a bunch of joggers kicking a ball.  I could do that for 10 minutes.  10 minutes on an nfl field or in an nhl rink or an nba court would land me in the ER

BTW, dont get mad, this is the unpopiular opinions thread

• Haha 4

Stop kidding yourself about soccer being "played" for 90 minutes.  The defense in soccer "plays" for like 1/4 the game too.  The goalie probably "plays" for a total of 90 seconds out of the 90 minute game too.  For like 90% of a soccer game 90% of the players are standing around doing nothing or jogging.

8 minutes ago, zoony said:

Well that just sounds like football is a better designed game

I enjoy the world cup, i think international soccer is always fun.  But i didnt watch without the US in the tourney this past year.

I am always amazed at how badly the best soccer players in the world miss the net.  Strikes from the top of the box sailing 15 yards wide and above, and the guy makes a scene like "oh it was soo close!".  Umm no it wasnt douchebag.  It was 15 ****ing yards wide.  Why dont you go roll around and hold your knee or something.seriously these huge misses happen constantly, all game long.  How is that freaking possible for pro players?

Im trying to picture Ovechkin missing a slapshot by 15 yards that goes into the stands and kills an usher... and him being like "aaaigh it was soooo close!"

Thats the problem I have with watching soccer.  Its just not impressive.  Its basically a bunch of joggers kicking a ball.  I could do that for 10 minutes.  10 minutes on an nfl field or in an nhl rink or an nba court would land me in the ER

BTW, dont get mad, this is the unpopiular opinions thread

Yeah shots go wide and you get the ol’ Bob Ueker, “Juuuust a bit outside” routine. What many new viewers to the game don’t understand is that the players are not aiming for the center of the net, but are in fact shooting for the corners. So yeah, a higher percentage go wide or over, because if you aim for the center you send it directly to the goalkeeper.

This practice net is for strikers, their targets are the keeper’s weakest points. Anything netted will typically be caught or deflected by a quality keeper. In soccer I don’t care if a shot goes wide, but hitting the keeper in the belly button is infuriating.

44878462962_a76c3d18f2_b.jpg

2 minutes ago, purbeast said:

Stop kidding yourself about soccer being "played" for 90 minutes.  The defense in soccer "plays" for like 1/4 the game too.  The goalie probably "plays" for a total of 90 seconds out of the 90 minute game too.  For like 90% of a soccer game 90% of the players are standing around doing nothing or jogging.

Did it hurt pulling those numbers out of your ass? 

As for Keeper play time, that has been on the rise for the last decade as the position has evolved into the sweeper keeper role we see today at the top levels.

• Haha 2

Did it hurt pulling those numbers out of your ass? 

As for Keeper play time, that has been on the rise for the last decade as the position has evolved into the sweeper keeper role we see today at the top levels.

Probably about as much as it hurt you pulling these numbers out of your ass...

3 hours ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

I think the level of narcissism required to attain the highest levels of business, law, politics, entertainment, etc are so far outside the normal distribution range that the average person cannot even concieve of it.

I also think we shouldnt be surprised when we learn that the majority of them are sociopaths and predators.  Im not just talking about a Kavanaugh or a Clinton or a Weinstein... I mean just about every ultra high achiever out there

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, zoony said:

I also think we shouldnt be surprised when we learn that the majority of them are sociopaths and predators.  Im not just talking about a Kavanaugh or a Clinton or a Weinstein... I mean just about every ultra high achiever out there

I've met quite a few McDonald's and Walmart managers. I would agree!

11 minutes ago, zoony said:

I think the level of narcissism required to attain the highest levels of business, law, politics, entertainment, etc are so far outside the normal distribution range that the average person cannot even concieve of it.

Aren't there studies that show that an abnormally high percentage of Fortune 500 CEO's are sociopaths? 

It's the singular self centered focus that allows them to disregard human relationships and see people as a means to an end rather than a being worthy of a relationship.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, purbeast said:

Probably about as much as it hurt you pulling these numbers out of your ass...

My numbers are based on fact.

The last couple Super Bowls average about 15-16 minutes of actual game play off the 60 minute clock. Whereas the average regular season game is just under 11 minutes of actual play. So I was actually giving the NFL 4 extra minutes in my calculation.

https://curiosity.com/topics/the-average-nfl-game-has-only-11-minutes-of-action-curiosity/

The average score of an NFL game is 29.0 to 17.8.

http://www.sportsonearth.com/article/64441086/nfl-statistical-analysis-average-nfl-game

I speak out of my ass a lot, but those are facts, my numbers are solid an NOT rectal pulls.

18 minutes ago, zoony said:

There's also this "self-deception", can't see or refuse to see the flaws in what they do or themselves. "Reality Distortion Field" in regards to Steve Jobs encapsulates it well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My numbers are based on fact.

The last couple Super Bowls average about 15-16 minutes of actual game play off the 60 minute clock. Whereas the average regular season game is just under 11 minutes of actual play. So I was actually giving the NFL 4 extra minutes in my calculation.

https://curiosity.com/topics/the-average-nfl-game-has-only-11-minutes-of-action-curiosity/

The average score of an NFL game is 29.0 to 17.8.

http://www.sportsonearth.com/article/64441086/nfl-statistical-analysis-average-nfl-game

I speak out of my ass a lot, but those are facts, my numbers are solid an NOT rectal pulls.

So then it didn't hurt at all.  Same with me.

Defining "action" in soccer probably varies big time depending on who you ask too.  So does "playing defense" or "goal tending".

It speaks volumes of how dull and boring soccer is when a 2 hour broadcast "full of action" is not even close to being as entertaining as a 3 hour broadcast with 11 minutes of action.  

I don't know what is worse - soccer or baseball.  I'd probably say baseball though since those last even longer and even less happens.

Just now, purbeast said:

You've been conditioned like most soccer fans to try and justify to the world why "football" is better than "American football"

Only when people try to **** on soccer. I then just point out how their arguments about the superiority of football are usually pretty lame. It's ok though I like football too, as I get older I find I need more potty breaks so all the commercials and endless replays come in handy for snacks and stuff.

42 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

A double quarter pounder from McDonalds is good.  In fact, delicious.  

#GuiltyPleasure

I know with every fiber of my being that it's absolutely horrible for me, and that it's not technically a great hamburger...but OMG are the soaking those things in crack or something?!