Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Fantasy Football

nonniey

Pretty upside down week. Probably going to have my lowest point total for the season, by a lot, but so will my opponent. Most likely gonna get to the title game despite duds by Tyreke,  JuJu, and a big fat goose egg from Hooper. His whole team dudded, especially Lamar Miller and Saquan. He also started Brady over Ryan, which I would have 100% done too, but Ryan on his bench smashed. Lucky for me. It's going to be my team against the only team in the league I've lost to, and he beat me twice. I'd love an easy out, but I'm glad the final will come down to the two best teams. That doesn't happen often enough.

Well my 6-7 team is now 2-0 in the playoffs - Just eliminated the #1 seed (eliminated #3 last week).

My other Leagues:

Need

Samuels and M Thomas plus 2  > Kamara    Toss up  but confidant 

Newton and McCaffrey > 37.5 - Toss up fairly confidant

M Thomas > 2.8 plus McCaffrey not confidant 

Kamara > 13.3 plus Lutz not confidant

38.5 > Newton  very confidant

McCaffrey and  Ian Thomas > 24.3 and Newton (Chalked this one up as a loss already)

Not liking my chances. I'm up 5 and have Kamara and Thomas...but my opponent has Brees, Saints D, and two guys named I. Thomas(Panthers TE I guess)and C. Samuel for the Panthers.

Sucks that my opponent got 22 points from the Texans K, which was more than Kelce and Hill COMBINED.

4 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Not liking my chances. I'm up 5 and have Kamara and Thomas...but my opponent has Brees, Saints D, and two guys named I. Thomas(Panthers TE I guess)and C. Samuel for the Panthers.

Sucks that my opponent got 22 points from the Texans K, which was more than Kelce and Hill COMBINED.

Wooo pulled it off. Thank you Panthers D for completely shutting down Brees and the only Saints TD going to Kamara.

The Bears can still overtake the Rams for the two seed, so hopefully they won't be overly cautious with Gurley. I could definitely see them getting up on AZ and not pushing him too much though. Hopefully AZ can make it somewhat close, or Gurley just does some damage early.  I'm a little worried about him for next week. Going to be a tough decision (if you have other options) depending on what news, if any, comes out about the Rams plans this week.

...and both teams have late games next week, so it won't be a typical week where the Bears are pretty much done before the Rams play, so that's probably a good thing for teams counting on Gurley.

Third straight championship game appearance and going for my third straight trophy as well!  Squeaked in the semis.  My opponent was down 40.9 with McCaffrey, Thomas, and Samuel in the Monday night game.  Needless to say I was worried.  Luckily Thomas had a somewhat off game and Samuel did very little.  Won 93.8-86.3.

James White and Jared Goff are really hurting me right now.  I sat Gus Edwards/Jordan Howard in favor of White, so glad that didn't come back to hurt me.  I watched that Patriots game and they aren't using White at all really.  And when he was in there Brady wasn't looking his way.  Lucky for me Tevin Coleman went off and got me 20.5 points.  I sort of went with my gut and thought he would explode against a bad Cardinals run defense, and sure enough he did.  In terms of Goff I just gotta hope he turns it around.  He has the weapons.  His good play the first two thirds of the season aren't a fluke.  My only other option is Jameis Winston or the waiver wire.

Good luck to everyone in the finals!  If you are there of course.

The fantasy gods enjoy tearing my heart out.  After missing the playoffs in the ES league (though I outscored 2 of the 4 teams that made it in), my team went hammer time this week, outscoring all 4 playoff teams by double digits.  I would be in the superbowl this week. Thems the breaks, I guess.  :( 

Brighter note, I did make the superbowl in both my work league and my big money league, a total of $1,100 on the line this week coming up.  :744:

Big money league, help me out:

Wilson VS KC

or

Trubisky @ SF

Flex:
Peterson @ TEN
Landry vs CIN
Mack vs NYG

Currently leaning towards Wilson and Mack. 

6 hours ago, Chew said:

Wilson VS KC

or

Trubisky @ SF

Flex:
Peterson @ TEN
Landry vs CIN
Mack vs NYG

Currently leaning towards Wilson and Mack. 

I think you got it right, Wilson and Mack.  I trust Russel Wilson more than Trubisky bottom line.  Both are capable with their feet, but I see Wilson scrambling more for some reason.  I also think they will have to air it out in that game vs. the Chiefs.  KC is 30th against the pass.  Titans are #1 against the run so that's enough reason not to start AP.  I have Landry and he is hit or miss.  Mayfield tends to spread the ball around to Higgins, Callaway, Perriman, Njoku, etc.  Mack is straight killing it right now and gets the bulk of the carries in Indy.  One of my rules in fantasy is ride the hot hand.  No reason to bench Mack right now.  Of course, Landry is capable of breaking some big plays, but Mack has proven himself.

On 12/16/2018 at 10:47 PM, nonniey said:

Well my 6-7 team is now 2-0 in the playoffs - Just eliminated the #1 seed (eliminated #3 last week).

My other Leagues:

Need

Samuels and M Thomas plus 2  > Kamara    Toss up  but confidant 

Newton and McCaffrey > 37.5 - Toss up fairly confidant

M Thomas > 2.8 plus McCaffrey not confidant 

Kamara > 13.3 plus Lutz not confidant

38.5 > Newton  very confidant

McCaffrey and  Ian Thomas > 24.3 and Newton (Chalked this one up as a loss already)

last night was a semi disaster. Funny thing is I lost the 3 games I was confident in and won the 3 games I wasn't.

Really wanted to win the top one but lost by less than 6 (Damn Officials took more than 6 points from Thomas).

The pool of money for the championship game in my league is 1100 between 1st/2nd place.  For 3rd/4th the pool is 100. So the semifinals are your big money games. I took a 34.2 point lead into Monday night. I had no guys left and I knew it was gonna be tough because he has McCaffrey and Ingram.  I kind of hoped doom would happen quickly.  But nope, it went right down to the fumble out of end zone and McCaffrey gets 2 garbage dump offs and I lose by .7 points.  Had to stay up late to witness the agony. 

after tanking the last two weeks (for draft position)  i still ended up with the second most points, and the best "hypothetical record"  (the best record if i played every team, every week).   The guy with the most points ALSO didn't make it into the playoffs.

this game is a pain in my ass.    

after tanking the last two weeks (for draft position)  i still ended up with the second most points, and the best "hypothetical record"  (the best record if i played every team, every week).   The guy with the most points ALSO didn't make it into the playoffs.

this game is a pain in my ass.    

(my bench was BY FAR the highest scoring team in the league this week :( )  

Rams signing CJ Anderson. That's a little worrying. I'm dropping the Bills D, and going to try to grab Elijah McGuire on waivers, and hope to know more about Gurley by 1PM kickoffs. I don't think I'm messing around with the other Rams RBs. My plan right now is to have Gurley in the flex and, if it looks likely he may sit, maybe flip in McGuire. I'm also going to drop Josh Adams and pick up someone from the 4 PM kickoffs and later, in case I don't put McGuire in there at 1:00. Guys available I'm looking at are Dae Sean Hamilton, Allen Robinson, and Jalen Richard, in that order. I like McGuire better than any of them though. That's a **** sandwich of a decision I hope i don't have to make.

Crud. My biggies took a week off at the worst possible time (WTF Minny/ Thielen?!!!!!) to continue the late season slump and lose me the semi 106.74- 126.20.

So they’ll be no third title out of the 7 season’s of the ES league for team GHH! Darn it! 

Congratulations Beltway Boyz. All the best in the final. 

I now get to fight out third with the Commissioner who’s regular season best team has been among the top two with myself most all season. Shrugs. Such is FF.

Hail.

an embarrassment of riches in the RB department after weeks of picking up waiver wire targets to take them from the other teams.

Who to play in the semi-finals (save the week 17 finals questions... not my call)-- 3 from the following:

Gordon v Baltimore- great defense against the run, but a stud RB

Carson v KC-- run heavy team vs. a traditionally run-weak team (though they stepped up last week)

Cook @ Det-- team recommitted to the run vs. a team in free fall

Mack v NYG-- hot RB vs an up and (largely) down defense

Williams @ Sea-- sharing snaps potentially and vs. a solid defense

Cooks (WR) @ ARI-- boom or bust, who  has been largely bust lately at teams focus on limiting big plays with the LAR

(Listed in order of my preference ATM)

Save me Extremeskins.  You're my only hope.

No 1st place money this year but have legit chance at 2nd or 3rd in 1 league.

No PPR, need 2 RBs:

D. Henry

L. Miller

M. Ingram

D. Sproles

D. Martin

D. Williams (KC) ... this one intrigues me, scooped hime this week to see if he starts again

E. McGuire- Not on squad but available

Leaning Henry and Ingram, but may slip Wiliams in there if Ware remains hurt. 

Rivers' absolutely disastrous night and the possibility that Hopkins' ankle injury will limit his role gives me a small window to possibly steal it back.

Pick 1 for flex:

Jaylen Samuels @ Saints

Kenny Golladay vs. Vikings

Alshon Jeffrey vs. Texans

Jamaal Williams @ Jets

ME:

A Rodgers, Mayfield

Gurley,D Johnson,P LIndsay,C Carson, S michel

A Theilen, D pettis,D Baldwin,M Williams

J cook, Ian Thomas

Zuerlien

Cowboys,Dolphins

VS

Brees

L mIller, M MAck, A jones, J samuels, D williams

D hopkins, D Adams, J edleman, T Boyd

E Ebron

NE

Fairburn

Championship game

I'm so damn worried. Gurley is feeling like a no go. I'm going with Rodgers because it is him or Mayfield and I'd rather have the steady Rodgers points then a total bomb from Mayfield. I could be worng here.I need some suggestions.. Mayfield? Rodgers?

I have Carson,  Lindsey and Gurley going and D Johnson as Gurleys re[placement.

I'm going with Theilen and BAadwin.

Now.... Cowboys D vs Tampa Or Browns D vs Cinci?

Any input helps.

This guys team is put together from smart waiver wire transactions. Can't hate him. Two great wrs and Brees and then fill in after fill in.

I Hade Ebron on my team earlier in the year so I hope he doesn't kill me.

Who do you guys got?

FWIW:

Really hoping this is true, and no setbacks, or I'll have to pivot to Josh Reynolds, CJ Anderson, or Allen Robinson at flex. Juju being questionable also has me scrambling. He said he's going to play. I picked up James Washington, but may flip to Eli Rogers if JuJu is ruled out late.

Archived