Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Vaya Con Dios, Manny! The plight of the 2018 Orioles

Spaceman Spiff

Looking at todays box score. 

Jones and manny are 3 for 5. Keep upping your value fellas, we appreciate it. 

Davis has the lowest slugging % in the lineup with a .250 for the season to go with his .240 BA. That basically means 95% of his hits are singles, right? Wow. that damage to contact ratio buck loves crediting Davis for is just ..... this is abysmal. 

23 minutes ago, Why am I Mr. Pink? said:

Looking at todays box score. 

Jones and manny are 3 for 5. Keep upping your value fellas, we appreciate it. 

Davis has the lowest slugging % in the lineup with a .250 for the season to go with his .240 BA. That basically means 95% of his hits are singles, right? Wow. that damage to contact ratio buck loves crediting Davis for is just ..... this is abysmal. 

Davis with a .240 BA?  In his dreams.  He’s batting .152 as of now.

17 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Ugh, nevermind.

Mullins is batting .319 after going 4-5 with his 4th triple and 12th double of the season. 

Akin today went 7 innings, 2 hits, 0 runs, 1 BB, 10 Ks and now has an ERA of 2.97.  

McKenna (at Frederick) is batting .356 after a 3-4 day

Bauman, in his first two starts since being promoted to Frederick, has a 1.42 ERA with a 7 inning complete game. 

Harvey's last start: 5 innings, 1 Run, 7Ks as he starts building innings. 

Just to make you feel better. 

1 minute ago, Hersh said:

Mullins is batting .319 after going 4-5 with his 4th triple and 12th double of the season. 

Akin today went 7 innings, 2 hits, 0 runs, 1 BB, 10 Ks and now has an ERA of 2.97.  

McKenna (at Frederick) is batting .356 after a 3-4 day

Bauman, in his first two starts since being promoted to Frederick, has a 1.42 ERA with a 7 inning complete game. 

Harvey's last start: 5 innings, 1 Run, 7Ks as he starts building innings. 

Just to make you feel better. 

I'd like to see those guys in Baltimore soon.  Specifically Mullins and Harvey.  If some of the kids don't come up and get some seasoning this year, it's truly a waste of a season.

14 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I'd like to see those guys in Baltimore soon.  Specifically Mullins and Harvey.  If some of the kids don't come up and get some seasoning this year, it's truly a waste of a season.

I'd like to see Mullins in center, Stewart in LF and Jones in right in the near future. (unless ownership and Jones both want a trade to a contender) Mancini, while he gives his best effort, sucks in the OF. He needs to be at 1st or DH every game. 

Harvey may come up in September for either a couple starts or to pitch out of the pen a few times. 

I'm happy the O's have Hess, Scott and Sisco up. If another 3-4 rookies in the system get a shot this season, that will make for a good transition year. 

I'll say now what I always say when the Orioles square off against the Nationals...

Sure, there are some Nats fans that weren't baseball fans when the Expos moved to town and that's understandable.  There's a generation of kids now that grew up with the Nats being the primary DC team.

But if you're one of the people that switched allegiances when the Nats came to town, you've got no loyalty.  None. I commend everyone who's stayed true to this terrible franchise with terrible ownership and leadership.  One of the primary war cries from the Nats turncoats is "ANGELOS SUCKS! I'd have stayed a fan if it wasn't for Angelos!"  Well, congrats.  You took the easy way out.  

I suppose we can all unite under the fact that our favorite football team is run by a poor owner, but if you're a Nats/Skins fan who once rooted for the Orioles I suspect you'd drop your Skins allegiance at the drop of a hat for another team if you had the chance.  

2 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

But if you're one of the people that switched allegiances when the Nats came to town, you've got no loyalty.  None. 

I don't know if that's fair.  I believe if you did that, you deserve a pass, here's why:

You're essentially saying that if someone grew up and lives in DC when the Nats showed up and they were an O's fan, they are more loyal sticking with an out of area team then rooting for the local one?  I don't hold it against anyone that lived in Bmore when the Ravens showed up and switched over, nor would I hold it again anyone in Charlotte from switching over when the Panthers showed up.  In reality, both of those franchises would struggle mightily if NFL fans refused to switch over, the whole point was to give them their own team.

My dad won't switch over from the Yankees because he grew up in DC when there was no baseball team and lived in NYC for a while, actually went to Yankee games.  He wasn't happy when I switched from Yankees to Nats, but he understood that I was a DC sports fan first.  I'm not from Baltimore, I'm not from New York, I'm from Fairfax.

And for the record, I don't like coming in here because my distaste for your owner is so obvious, I don't want ya'll following me into the Nats thread.  I just came to say that I'm actually upset for ya'll seeing what looked like a pretty good team on the brink of breaking through all the sudden becoming irrelevant.  Winning in Baseball looks hard as ****. Beating ya'll has always been a challenge, one I enjoyed, I didn't enjoy that beatdown as much as I though I would.

Edit:  I don't think this is common, but I don't believe the Nats were brought to DC for the people that were already in the city, but that's a different conversation entirely.

3 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I don't know if that's fair.  I believe if you did that, you deserve a pass, here's why:

You're essentially saying that if someone grew up and lives in DC when the Nats showed up and they were an O's fan, they are more loyal sticking with an out of area team then rooting for the local one?  I don't hold it against anyone that lived in Bmore when the Ravens showed up and switched over, nor would I hold it again anyone in Charlotte from switching over when the Panthers showed up.  In reality, both of those franchises would struggle mightily if NFL fans refused to switch over, the whole point was to give them their own team.

My dad won't switch over from the Yankees because he grew up in DC when there was no baseball team and lived in NYC for a while, actually went to Yankee games.  He wasn't happy when I switched from Yankees to Nats, but he understood that I was a DC sports fan first.  I'm not from Baltimore, I'm not from New York, I'm from Fairfax.

And for the record, I don't like coming in here because my distaste for your owner is so obvious, I don't want ya'll following me into the Nats thread.  I just came to say that I'm actually upset for ya'll seeing what looked like a pretty good team on the brink of breaking through all the sudden becoming irrelevant.  Winning in Baseball looks hard as ****. Beating ya'll has always been a challenge, one I enjoyed, I didn't enjoy that beatdown as much as I though I would.

Ehhh, I dunno man.  In regards to your last point, no one likes Angelos, just like no one likes Snyder.  And here we are :) 

I get not wanting to root for the Orioles anymore, I think about it every damn day.  But that's the team I grew up with, that's the team I've invested thousands of hours in over the years.  I can't imagine NOT rooting for them because a team moved closer.  If I had to move to somewhere else like...San Diego with an offbeat team that no one cares about like the Padres, I'd still be pulling for the O's from the west coast.  

I do agree with your initial point about the NFL giving those areas franchises because of interest, but I just remember when the Nats showed up and it was just an all out bash-fest on Angelos (which is understandable, of course) and blaming him for the reason they're all of a sudden Nats fans.  I dunno though man, even though Angelos has ****ed this team seven ways from Sunday, he still doesn't ruin my love for the days of going to games in Memorial Stadium, being there for Cal breaking the Streak and all of the other memories I've got.  I just can't believe people would trade that up cause of a ****ty owner and a team moved closer.  

1 minute ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I just can't believe people would trade that up cause of a ****ty owner and a team moved closer.  

Understood, just want to point out that not every O's fan had the same memories as you.  : )

I've never been to a Nats game (though I plan to change that this year), I've met diehard redskins fans that have never been to a game either.  I didn't skip a beat moving to Hampton Roads, wouldn't if you put me on another continent because the DC teams remind me of home (or at least the concept of it).  Another reason why I switched was because I felt like Angelos was doing everything he could to stop DC from getting a team once we got serious about getting the Expos.  I took that to heart, I know others that did as well.

If you're diehard, I can see where you're coming from, otherwise, not shocked at all.  

Archived