Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Vaya Con Dios, Manny! The plight of the 2018 Orioles

Spaceman Spiff

Is anyone getting more concerned that we won't end up trading Machado, Jones, Britton, etc.? 

I have to be honest, if we still have our "core" on August 1, I'll probably not tune in again until the final week to see Manny a couple more times in an O's uniform. This front office is destroying much of the good will it created over the 2012-2016 seasons. 

5 hours ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

Is anyone getting more concerned that we won't end up trading Machado, Jones, Britton, etc.? 

I have to be honest, if we still have our "core" on August 1, I'll probably not tune in again until the final week to see Manny a couple more times in an O's uniform. This front office is destroying much of the good will it created over the 2012-2016 seasons. 

No, I'm not at all concerned about. DD will have trades lined up. The only way it doesn't happen is if ownership blocks a trade like they did last year. Speaking of which, O's would be a lot better off if they had completed the trade last season based on reports of who would have been included. 

40 minutes ago, Hersh said:

No, I'm not at all concerned about. DD will have trades lined up. The only way it doesn't happen is if ownership blocks a trade like they did last year. Speaking of which, O's would be a lot better off if they had completed the trade last season based on reports of who would have been included. 

Can you expound some on that?  I’m not up on the trade reports of what might have been.

1 minute ago, TheDoyler23 said:

Flaherty intentionally walked. 

R3SP3CT

Heh. 

You know Buck was scared of his son. He didn't want to see his son strike out in a big spot. Speaking of Buck, good grief how could he not take out Britton sooner. Clearly one batter sooner would have made the difference. 

1 minute ago, Redskin4ever said:

You know Buck was scared of his son. He didn't want to see his son strike out in a big spot. Speaking of Buck, good grief how could he not take out Britton sooner. Clearly one batter sooner would have made the difference. 

Jones coming up with that ball would have helped...

But yea, Britton had nothing. 93MPH sinkless meatballs. 

1 hour ago, SkinFanInMinn said:

Can you expound some on that?  I’m not up on the trade reports of what might have been.

O's would have gotten 3B prospect Colin Moran as part of the package. In the off-season he was traded to the pirates and he is currently batting .272 with a .354 OBP. Be nice to have a rookie 3B doing that. 

Fortunately Britton has a month to get some value, but he looked terrible tonight. 

30 minutes ago, TheDoyler23 said:

Jones coming up with that ball would have helped...

But yea, Britton had nothing. 93MPH sinkless meatballs. 

Britton has to start throwing other pitches. He's lost a lot of velocity. 

9 hours ago, Hersh said:

What gives you confidence that Angelos will act differently than he always has? That's where my concern is coming from. 

2 hours ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

What gives you confidence that Angelos will act differently than he always has? That's where my concern is coming from. 

O’s are 30 games out and it would save the Orioles money to make trades. I do think Angelos would get in the way of trades to certain teams 

Sounds like the Dodgers will make a big push...from Bob Nightengale

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/mlb/columnist/bob-nightengale/2018/06/27/manny-machado-dodgers-trade-deadline/737949002/

The Los Angeles Dodgers are playing it coy, acting as if they can’t take on money, won’t give up prized prospects, and aren’t hellbent on returning to the World Series again.

Don’t be fooled.

They are poised to land Baltimore Orioles shortstop Manny Machado.

This is the one player on the trade market who can singlehandedly change the playoff landscape, and several Major League Baseball executives and scouts told USA TODAY Sports that the Dodgers have emerged as the clear-front favorites to land Machado.

The market is just starting to move now, a high-ranking Orioles executive said, and the Orioles have responded by pulling several of their professional scouts away from major-league coverage to spend time in the minor leagues scouting prospects.

And, yes, they are focusing primarily on the Dodgers’ vaunted system.

2 hours ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

Good. I am going up for the double header on July 9th. I am hoping Machado is traded by then. I mean, I'd love to see him play like I always do. But I want to see some trades happen and get some good prospects back. 

Archived