Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Vaya Con Dios, Manny! The plight of the 2018 Orioles

Spaceman Spiff

3 minutes ago, Hersh said:

Agreed. It definitely hurts the O’s a lot. I look no further than the Nats and their top two prospects as what the O’s miss out on.

Yep.  

I mean, Schoop is from Curacao, they've got one guy from down there that's a great MLB player.  I feel that if they provided a little bit of effort it would pay big dividends.  

The thing that blew my mind about that article that was posted earlier is that the Braves signed Acuna for $100k as a 16 year old!  The Phillies signed Sixto Sanchez for $35k!  I understand if they don't want to spend a million dollars on a guy down there but the fact that they don't gamble AT ALL is ridiculous.  

12 hours ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

So we will be spared a Ben McDonald and draft a Manny Machado? Where do I sign up? 

Well, I'd like to have the #1 overall pick assuming there's a consensus #1 next year.  

But I retract my previous statement, tonight was one of the ****tiest games all year, and that's saying something.

39 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Well, I'd like to have the #1 overall pick assuming there's a consensus #1 next year.  

But I retract my previous statement, tonight was one of the ****tiest games all year, and that's saying something.

This may be the worst management of one of my teams I've seen as a fan. At least with the Redskins, Snyder spends and I know he messes things up. Here, we have a rudderless ship with an owner that handicaps his own team constantly. I really cringe at the thought of Brady Andersen being the next GM. 

So little happens on this team that makes sense.

5 minutes ago, abdcskins said:

What did he say?

He went off a bit on Chris Davis and questioned if he really worked at all this off-season. Claimed Coolbaugh said he didn't work with Davis this off-season even though CD and Buck have both said otherwise. 

5 minutes ago, Hersh said:

He went off a bit on Chris Davis and questioned if he really worked at all this off-season. Claimed Coolbaugh said he didn't work with Davis this off-season even though CD and Buck have both said otherwise. 

I wouldn't be surprised. He sucks so bad. He isn't the reason we are horrible but he sure is a big contributor. 

8 hours ago, Hersh said:

It needed to be said.  They've been tip toeing around on MASN for too long about this.  

Seems there was an article in the Sun from January where Coolbaugh said he and Davis were working down in Texas.  So perhaps some nuance got lost in Palmer's re-telling of the convo 3 months later.  

Like they worked, but not as much or it wasnt as fruitful as Coolbaugh would have liked.

Archived