Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Washington Nationals - Weak Cheese

@DCGoldPants

Glad we got the W yesterday and split the series. Max wasn't in rare form but he got the job done none the less (defense played well). Glad to see the team hitting a little more consistently. 5 runs on 8 hits on Friday and 6 runs on 15 hits yesterdays - with three of them coming late in the game when the team desperately needed some room. 

Hoping they can carry that into the series against the Brewers. A series win could be a big boost for the team's morale. 

47 minutes ago, thebluefood said:

Hoping they can carry that into the series against the Brewers. A series win could be a big boost for the team's morale. 

Brewers have been bad lately too, losing 9 of 11. $20 says they get right against us...

If the O's got value for Machado, why would the Nats not look at getting a similiar haul? Hate to say it, but at this point it would make more sense to trade then end up missing the playoffs anyway.

Very much the opposite of the last two games on offense. Even in the loss against Atlanta, 8 guys hit safely and scored 5 runs. Last night? Only four (though Rendon managed two) and got blanked after the 2nd inning. Compound that with another rotten Gio start and this game was DOA. 

I love Zimm and think 11 should be retired when he's done, well, finished playing. But there's no reason Zimmerman is hitting higher than 7th--even with Turner's obvious struggles. (And man, is he frustrated as all hell)

And before I get the responses about "first time manager" and "they fired Dusty, lolz" stop. Those are some of the easiest, dumbest narratives around.

I wrote about this upcoming offseason for The Nats Blog. Please let me know what all think: http://thenatsblog.com/2018/07/the-curious-case-of-bryce-harper/

1 hour ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Team just needs new blood. That's what it seems like. May take a couple years, but it just feels like the less guys that are around walking figuratively in a room of stacked corpses, the better.

It's time.

Yeah, I think things are stale. I am really tired of Gio go 0-2 and then bounce four pitches in the dirt. Lets see Robles, Kieboom and others in September. Trade MAT. Let Harper and Murphy walk. Get Keuchel, Morton, or someone reliable.

Is it just a given that Ryan Zimmerman has no intention of being a leader?  The narrative with the Nats is that they dissolve when they don't have a strong manager and/or Werth.  Why does Zimm never get mentioned?

Edit:  Yes, my frustration has gotten to the point where I am going to :chair: on Ryan Zimmerman for a bit.  Buckle in.  

33 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

The narrative with the Nats is that they dissolve when they don't have a strong manager and/or Werth.

Werth and Davey Johnson in 2013 disproves this. Matt Williams was MOY in 2014.

35 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Why does Zimm never get mentioned?

Because he isnt a rah-rah guy, similar to Rendon. Max is the leader. I think Eaton is that guy too.

Archived