Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Washington Nationals - Weak Cheese

@DCGoldPants

BA ranked Garcia 84 on it's top 100:

Hitting: 60 | Power: 40 | Speed: 60 | Defense: 55 | Arm: 55

Scouting Report: Garcia was Washington's top international target in a 2016 signing class that included three players ranked among the top 15. He commanded $1.3 million because of his impressive all-around set of tools and simple lefthanded swing geared for line drives. His father of the same name played shortstop for the Tigers in 1999. Garcia lived up to his scouting report in his first season in 2017 in the Rookie-level Gulf Coast League. He used extremely quick hands and an advanced hitting approach to spray balls all over the field. He can rely on his hands a bit too much at the plate currently, and the next phase of his development will be getting his legs into his swing with more consistency. A plus-plus runner, Garcia gets down the line well and swiped 11 bases in 13 tries in his debut. Defensively, he has above-average arm strength, smooth actions and soft hands at shortstop, but he'll need a few years to continue honing the fundamentals and getting acclimated to the speed of the game. Garcia has moved extremely quickly in 2018 and is one of the youngest players in high Class A.

So what's the "one big thing" you all will be looking out for as the back end of the season unfolds?

For me, it is still Bryce Harper. I don't feel too concerned about the bullpen now, especially since Strasburg is coming back and he's usually raring to go after a DL stint. Despite the position player's streakiness at the plate, I feel like we've got enough solid hitting to put us back in the thick of it (especially if Soto, Eaton, and Rendon keep doing what they're doing). 

But I dunno if we get over the hump with a struggling Bryce Harper. Atlanta and Philadelphia are playing really well right now and we can't count on them burning out. 

24 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

We need to sweep Atlanta.

It would be super helpful if we do sweep... we just absolutely cannot lose the series. If Atlanta takes 2 of 3 from us with Stras, Gio, and Scherzer, we’re toast. Kiss the idea of getting back in it this year goodbye. 

Archived