Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Washington Nationals - Weak Cheese

@DCGoldPants

15 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

He literally fixed a similar situation last year 

Which was that? 

This year is on Harper, Strasburg, Madson, Gio, Roark, Wieters, Turner, MAT, all underperforming, injuries to Zimmerman, Eaton, Rendon, and Murphy. Murphy still isn't all the way back, doubt he will be. It's a **** storm.

I say it before and I say it again you can argue about Dusty and whether he deserved to stay but once he left you knew Maddux was gone. And was it a coincidence that the staff as a whole had stellar numbers under Maddux? You let a damn good pitching coach walk. 

I would have given Dusty one more year. To not retain him after that was ridiculous. 

I tried to be tolerant of Davey and I am still tolerant (do you think Dusty would have wore AllCaps hats for the playoff run) but the fact of the matter is the team dealt with "injuries" last year too, including at least 3 of them going out around this time last year. Guess what. They still won games. 

Last year was a totally different year. The Braves and Phillies both lost 90 and 96 respectively. They're both on pace to win 90 or more.

Murphy didnt miss months, and he hit like Murphy. He's a shell of himself. 

Harper didn't hit .215.

MAT had a BABIP fueled career year.

Goodwin and Difo were serviceable.

Lind had an amazing year, and cannot find a MLB job.

There is no way, none, he was coming back for 1 year. It's about as likely as Harper taking a one year, prove it deal.

1 minute ago, Riggo#44 said:

Last year was a totally different year. The Braves and Phillies both lost 90 and 96 respectively. They're both on pace to win 90 or more.

Murphy didnt miss months, and he hit like Murphy. He's a shell of himself. 

Harper didn't hit .215.

MAT had a BABIP fueled career year.

Goodwin and Difo were serviceable.

Lind had an amazing year, and cannot find a MLB job.

There is no way, none, he was coming back for 1 year. It's about as likely as Harper taking a one year, prove it deal.

You're not listening, the loss of Maddux is huge. 

Good to see Treinen fixed himself in Oakland. 

11 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

You're not listening, the loss of Maddux is huge. 

Good to see Treinen fixed himself in Oakland. 

I read everything you wrote. You specifically said BAKER fixed the same problem last year.

That being said, I dont like Lillequest at all. I think he's gone sooner rather than later. All of our pitchers have regressed.

The last thing anyone should be thinking (especially when it comes to two class acts and consumate professionals like them) is the dam is breaking. 162 of these means that there are going to be arguments (especially when this team is a Shakespearean tragedy), largely productive ones I'd imagine. 

For me at this point, I am just going to enjoy watching Max, what's left of Bryce, Soto, etc. Just gonna be one of those seasons.

3 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

The last thing anyone should be thinking (especially when it comes to two class acts and consumate professionals like them) is the dam is breaking. 162 of these means that there are going to be arguments (especially when this team is a Shakespearean tragedy), largely productive ones I'd imagine. 

For me at this point, I am just going to enjoy watching Max, what's left of Bryce, Soto, etc. Just gonna be one of those seasons.

Looking forward to Robles taking over center, Kieboom's cup of coffee in September, Garcia's development, whether Romero can get his head out of his ass...

1 hour ago, StillUnknown said:

Kinda old for A Ball, but gotta like the K/9 ratio

Drafted 32nd round out of college (Wofford) by the Jays. Couldn’t agree to terms and he went unsigned. Played a partial season in something called the “Frontier League” before the Royals noticed some upside and signed him. He’d been working out a lot of his fastball improved to mid to upper 90s. He’s got a big frame so that *should* be sustainable. Secondary stuff probably needs work but he throws hard and earned a promotion from low A to high A after just 17 games. 

https://www.kansascity.com/sports/mlb/kansas-city-royals/article212285319.html

Archived