Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Washington Nationals - Weak Cheese

@DCGoldPants

1 hour ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

MLB.com box score shows it was 9-1 at the end of the 4th inning. Then 9-5 after the 5th. Then we were winning 10-9 after the 6th. Then then we were up 14-9 after the 7th. And now up 14-12. 

So, who’s counting? Not you obviously :P 

The Nats were down 9-0. I was counting.

6 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Im talking about AFTER the 4th inning. It was 9-1 at the end of the 4th inning, was it not? 

WTF are you trying to say?  For you to be right, the nats would have had to score their lone run before the marlins scored their 9th run.  The nats came back down 9.  The first run via a turner bomb. 

9 hours ago, Dan T. said:

~~~~

Trey Turner’s 8 RBIs tied for most in a game by a lead-off hitter in MLB history.

And Matt Adams might be the MVP of this the team this season.

La Verdad's double got it going.

Thats when it started to feel different to me.

Really hope they can string these wins together. That's been a concern for me - they haven't had a winning streak in weeks. If they're gonna get one going, it's going to be now with the cupcakes coming up on the schedule. But, as we've seen, they've been choking on said cupcakes (i.e. the two games against the Rays recently). 

I'm not even concerned about them beating competitive teams right now - they may not be ready for that yet. I just wanna see them win consistently against teams they're supposed to beat.

Having said that: I loved everything about the back-end of that game yesterday. It wasn't just solo home runs that drove in runs. They mixed it up with 1 & 2 run singles, they got guys on base, then walloped a few over the fence. That's whats been driving me nuts about this team all season. They only seemed to make good contact when no one was on base. Finally, though, they came back and brought their teammates home. 

6 hours ago, skinfan2k said:

WTF are you trying to say?  For you to be right, the nats would have had to score their lone run before the marlins scored their 9th run.  The nats came back down 9.  The first run via a turner bomb. 

The reason why i wasnt including the bottom of the 4th inning was because at that point we didn’t know if Miami would get any runs in the 5th, so im just saying it was 9-1 after 4 innings BEFORE we started getting all the other runs. Strange logic i know, but it makes sense in my mind. 

My point was that it was 9-1 after the 4th inning (we can all agree on that, right?). The reason why I’m not including the 1 score in the 4th is because at that point nobody knew if that 1 score would get the team going. THEN in the 5th inning that is when we started getting all those runs, hence why I said the team made a comeback after they were losing 9-1 :) that’s all. 

9 minutes ago, CRobi21 said:

Juan Soto would have been there, but he's kinda busy.

12 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

My point was that it was 9-1 after the 4th inning (we can all agree on that, right?). The reason why I’m not including the 1 score in the 4th is because at that point nobody knew if that 1 score would get the team going. THEN in the 5th inning that is when we started getting all those runs, hence why I said the team made a comeback after they were losing 9-1 :) that’s all. 

The Industrial Revolution to me is just like a story I know called "The Puppy Who Lost His Way." The world was changing, and the puppy was getting... bigger. So, you see, the puppy was like industry. In that, they were both lost in the woods. And nobody, especially the little boy - "society" - knew where to find 'em. Except that the puppy was a dog. But the industry, my friends, that was a revolution.

16 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Hopefully they don't do that Nats-thing where they score 14 runs one night, 2 the next and lose.

Perhaps if we start getting one or two hits a night from Bryce we won’t have to rely on four from Matt Adams. 

Also any chance we play the Marlins like 35 more times this season? I’d feel better about our odds. 

32 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Hopefully they don't do that Nats-thing where they score 14 runs one night, 2 the next and lose.

This is exactly what I'm worried about. These offensive spurts are fun but they're wildly inconsistent. I'll take 4-5 runs a night over having these wild swings from night-to-night. I remember the Nationals of old (pre-2012) would do that - produce little to no offense then absolutely blast their opponent away out of nowhere before going back to doing nothing for weeks on end. 

Archived