Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Washington Nationals - Weak Cheese

@DCGoldPants

56 minutes ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

I’ll be at the Potomac game tonight and tomorrow (Strasburg pitching!) and will see if I can ID these scouts. 

I'd be very interested to see who they're interested in. I highly doubt Rizzo surrenders Garcia...

https://www.baseballamerica.com/stories/baseball-america-prospect-report-july-9-2018/

Juan Soto, OF, Nationals. More than the insanely long home runs he's hit, what's most notable about Soto's big league debut is his way-too-advanced-for-his-age plate discipline. Soto walked two more times on Sunday giving him 30 walks in just 179 major league plate appearances. His 16 percent walk rate is a magnitude better than any teenager has compiled in the big leagues since integration. Edgar Renteria had the best on-base percentage by a teenager since integration when he posted a .358 on-base percentage in 1996. Soto's on-base percentage is currently .419.

8 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

This team is allergic to any sort of hot streak

Getting Stras back will help, Rodriguez was pressed into duty when 2 had Hellickson and Stras go down. He'll be sent down when Stras gets back. We still need to trade for a starter. I have no faith in Roark and slightly more in Gio.

But hey, we strung three hits together.

1 minute ago, StillUnknown said:

If i'm a reliever and I run in from the bullpen when the benches clear, I'm throwing a punch at someone on general principle

It would be hilarious if they piled into the bullpen cart to join the fray. 

Archived