Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Washington Nationals - Weak Cheese

@DCGoldPants

12 minutes ago, skinfan2k said:

Ok question.  Does a historic 2nd half and WS run for harper force you to resign him long-term?  Let's say he wins here and says i want to stay here. 

Let’s not expend a lot of thought on this hypothetical at this time. 

You know what I've realized about this team? They make baseball look hard. I mean, yes, baseball is an extremely difficult game to play. If you fail at the plate 7 out of 10 times, they put you in the Hall of Fame. But the Nationals, even when they win, make baseball look so damn hard. Like painfully hard. When they were really bad awhile back, they were playing too poorly for it to hurt. You knew they sucked and you were just happy to see them win.

But this squad? With all the talent they have - it's just excruciating to watch. First division teams make baseball look effortless or at least fun. It looks like it hurts them to score runs that aren't solo home runs - like an RBI costs a few months of their lives (like that machine in The Princess Bride)

2 hours ago, thebluefood said:

You know what I've realized about this team? They make baseball look hard. I mean, yes, baseball is an extremely difficult game to play. If you fail at the plate 7 out of 10 times, they put you in the Hall of Fame. But the Nationals, even when they win, make baseball look so damn hard. Like painfully hard. When they were really bad awhile back, they were playing too poorly for it to hurt. You knew they sucked and you were just happy to see them win.

But this squad? With all the talent they have - it's just excruciating to watch. First division teams make baseball look effortless or at least fun. It looks like it hurts them to score runs that aren't solo home runs - like an RBI costs a few months of their lives (like that machine in The Princess Bride)

That's what happens when you're a bad baseball team.

14 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

That's what happens when you're a bad baseball team.

Oh, sure, but like I said, those Nats teams between 2005 and 2010 were wretched but you knew they were wretched. One look at the lineup card and you knew they were gonna get the **** kick out of them damn near every night. They were so bad it barely hurt because everyone, including the guys on the field, knew this team wasn't going anywhere. 

This team, though? This team should be keeping pace with the rest of the National League contenders, even while Atlanta and Philadelphia are ahead of their rebuild schedule and yet it's an agonizing experience watching them. If you'll forgive the metaphor: it's as if they have some kind of offensive constipation. But even when they're able to generate those runs, they immediately give them right back to their opponent. 

Archived