Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Washington Nationals - Weak Cheese

@DCGoldPants

9 hours ago, Springfield said:

So are we back to ****ty RFK Nats level yet?

Max Scherzer

Anthony Rendon

Trea Turner

Stephen Strasburg 

Adam Eaton

Tanner Roark 

Victor Robles

Juan Soto

Sean Doolittle 

Carter Kieboom 

That's assuming we dont resign Harper.

So, not even close.

3 hours ago, Metalhead said:

What frustrates me is that these deals shoud have happened at the trade deadline and received more value in each trade. Ownership made this worse by nixing the selloff Rizzo had lined up.

It's fair to be annoyed, but it really was a tough situation. You guys were right in that strange spot of being close enough to contending and having underachieved all year. Plus, right around that time is when Atlanta and Philly both cooled off considerably. 

I rarely disagree with Galdi, but I did back in July. He said that they should either go all-in or all-out. Had they gone all-in, they would be cooked right now (and maybe had traded away a couple gems like Robles). I suppose in hindsight selling would have been great, but how would you guys feel right now if you sold and then both untested divisional rivals came crashing back to earth and one of them took the division by default? 

In the end, this wasn't the ideal outcome, but you are still selling off the expiring or ineffective guys for something and you still have your talented core. I expect the Nats to be a 90-ish win team yet again in 2019 

56 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

It's fair to be annoyed, but it really was a tough situation.

I think they handled it right. We were to close and talented to sell, but not close enough to go for it.

I hate the "all-in" approach, in general. More times than not, it backfires and puts the team in a worse position.

5 hours ago, Metalhead said:

What frustrates me is that these deals shoud have happened at the trade deadline and received more value in each trade. Ownership made this worse by nixing the selloff Rizzo had lined up.

Kind of agree, but even the Orioles got a bunch of long shot prospects for Machado. We wouldn't have gotten much.

5 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

Max Scherzer

Anthony Rendon

Trea Turner

Stephen Strasburg 

Adam Eaton

Tanner Roark 

Victor Robles

Juan Soto

Sean Doolittle 

Carter Kieboom 

So, not even close.

I worry about our pitching. We'll probably be dropping some money in the offseason to help, but internally, its thin.

5 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

Max Scherzer

Anthony Rendon

Trea Turner

Stephen Strasburg 

Adam Eaton

Tanner Roark 

Victor Robles

Juan Soto

Sean Doolittle 

Carter Kieboom 

So, not even close.

Nyjer.Morgan.jpg

Nyjer Morgan trumps all!

1 hour ago, StillUnknown said:

I worry about our pitching. We'll probably be dropping some money in the offseason to help, but internally, its thin.

The draft picks have not helped. Giolito busting didnt help. Ross, Fedde, Crowe, and some of the picks the last two years really need to do something. Seth Romero looks like a complete bust.

you are 

The Washington Nationals have announced that the organization has extended its player development contract (PDC) with the Class-A Advanced Potomac Nationals of the Carolina League through the 2020 season. The announcement was made in conjunction with Washington’s extension of its PDC with the Class-A Hagerstown Suns.

The Washington Nationals and Potomac Nationals will continue their partnership, which got started in the 2005 season. The most recent PDC was completed prior to the 2017 season.

Potomac is set to wrap up the 2018 Carolina League regular season on Monday afternoon against the Wilmington Blue Rocks (Kansas City), and will begin the Carolina League Northern Division Championship Series vs. the Lynchburg Hillcats (Cleveland) on Wednesday night at City Stadium in Lynchburg, VA.

Archived