Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Politics Sexual Assault Thread

No Excuses

Missouri Governor Accused Of New Felony, After Allegations Of Assault And Blackmail

Missouri Gov. Eric Greitens, already facing one felony charge for invasion of privacy, as well as allegations of sexual assault and blackmail, could potentially be charged with a separate felony for his campaign practices when he ran for office.

Greitens calls the suggestion of a new charge "ridiculous." He vigorously denies all allegations of criminal activity — consistently saying his only wrongdoing was a consensual affair — and has refused to resign, despite calls from state lawmakers.

The possibility of a new felony charge was raised by Missouri Attorney General Josh Hawley in a press conference on Tuesday. He alleges that Greitens took a list of donors to his military veterans charity, transferred it to his political campaign, and used it for political fundraising.

The accusation that the list was used for political fundraising was first lodged against Greitens in 2016, before his campaign victory. What's new is that Hawley says there's enough evidence to charge Greitens with a felony. Hawley cannot bring the charge himself, but asked St. Louis Circuit Attorney Kim Gardner to prosecute.

Gardner is already prosecuting Greitens over the violation of privacy charge, which stems from a sordid scandal.

Click on the link for the full article

I will say, and this is not meant as a "both parties are the same" or anything, but I do hope at least a bit of research is done before people loose their jobs.  I would hate for a person to lose their career over a false or overblown accusation.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Burgold said:

Salem witch hunt or actual wrong doing?

Timing seems awfully convenient, but who knows?

Roy Moore is that you? 

Eric be folding like a cheap suit.

Meanwhile, Eric Greitens, MO Governor, who is facing an AG investigation over rape, physical abuse and several other criminal allegations is still in office, and the GOP except the state legislature hasn’t called on him to step down. 

• Like 2

There is a definite and overt difference in how the two parties deal with allegations of sexual harassment and assault.

In this specific situation, this guy knew he had done damage and knew it could be proved and so resigned. As he should. 

Zero tolerance for sexual harassment and assault, regardless of party. Male or female offenders. It's when we see people in positions of power face consequences for illegal behavior that it becomes intolerable for everyone.

I wish Republicans dealt with their offenders in the same way as Democrats are. It does send a strong message to women which party is handling the abuse of women more responsibly. 

11 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I will say, and this is not meant as a "both parties are the same" or anything, but I do hope at least a bit of research is done before people loose their jobs.  I would hate for a person to lose their career over a false or overblown accusation.

Some people want so badly to be on the right side of this issue that I think they lose track of how grey it can get.

Redskins Cheerleader thing taught me what I knew about incident response absolutely applies in real life (thought I got that, but that drove it home): you need to get over the initial shock as quickly as possible so you can process what's actually going on and what to do about it.  If you let that shock and emotion dominate your response to these situations, its like diving into a pool headfirst without knowing how deep it is first.

A lot of times initial reaction turns out to be valid, but this sexual harassment thing is setup for abuse because of the "innocent until proven guilty" approach we keep seeing over and over again (even when we don't mean to).

9 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

I wish Republicans dealt with their offenders in the same way as Democrats are. It does send a strong message to women which party is handling the abuse of women more responsibly. 

It does send a strong message, but are female republicans actually listening?  I remember the total shock at the female vote in Florida, totally unexpected and essentially helped Trump win the state.

Wow, reading that New Yorker article reminds you the power of good reporting.  That is NOT a he-said/she-said piece.  There are multiple people, quoted on the record, with independently verified reports.  It is incredibly damning.  Good riddance to Schneiderman.  

24 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Whats going on with that?  The thread in the Stadium got out of hand quick so I haven't kept up with it.

I commented in there that I wanted more facts on who knew what, but the facts have become secondary in there and people's true colors are showing (I would've got a "hi there" if I didn't come back and edit some of my posts before a mod saw it). 

I'm waiting for more articles and not looking in that thread for updates, stadium equivalent to Visionary is not in that thread like Visionary does our tailgate threads so they are going in circles.there's not a concensus on the fact's so it's hard to a concensus on the solution (sound familiar?)

Edited by Renegade7