Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Politics Sexual Assault Thread

No Excuses

5 hours ago, Kosher Ham said:

Why don't men have rights when it comes to accusations from women?

Rights are an interaction with government.  Society suddenly choosing to believe allegations of sexual misconduct as true, without any additional evidence or investigation, isn't a rights issue. It's a cultural phenomenon.  

2 hours ago, Kosher Ham said:

You might be a part of why men are secondary citizens.

Do you actually believe that or are you trolling?  I hope you can appreciate why I question the sincerity of such an outlandish claim. 

• Like 2

i say things and it never really goes over well

then destino says things and i think "that's what i meant"

sometimes when zoony says things i think "hahaha that's what i'd say if i was drunk and decided to piss off the room"

although... i've never been sexually harassed or assaulted.

i mean i guess i was when i worked in a restaurant but we were all flirting with each other constantly and partying together and were real young

so now i think there's something wrong with me. can't be. must just be the people around me.

also if my wife came after me to assault me there would definitely be fear. that chick can throw a punch. i'd also be cautious of weaponry because she's pretty good with guns and knives...

Edited by tshile
  • Like 1
  • Haha 7

8 hours ago, LD0506 said:

For example, and oh hell yeah I expect to get lambasted for this, women ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS repeat the belief that men stare at their boobs like Griffin fixating on a WR.

This was part of the false claim against me.  She refereed to one particular experience.  Now I will note she was an attractive, large breasted girl.  She claimed that my boss and I stood just staring at her chest for probably 30 seconds.  And that wasn't untrue, it just wasn't the whole truth.  She was trying to leave the ship in a low V cut shirt that showed off her large chesty-ness.  I saw it and went to my boss to get his opinion on if it was appropriate to leave the ship like that.  So we looked at her, debated what the rules state, how we should handle it, what we should say to her so we didn't make her feel uncomfortable (boy did that part fail), etc.  Seems we were in damned if we do, damned if we don't territory.

1 hour ago, Destino said:

I've had this discussion with my friends over the years and as far as I can tell there isn't a single one of my male friends that hasn't been sexually assaulted by the definitions we're using today.  The difference, and it's a very significant difference, is that when we were grabbed, kissed, or even climbed on without consent none of us experienced fear or intimidation.  As a result none of us felt like we had been assaulted, still don't, and I can't imagine any of them tweeting out a #metoo. 

I can't remember how much of the details I shared but that is what happened with the women that "assaulted" me.  She put her hand on my leg and kissed me (full tongue in my mouth) and I pushed her off.  Even now, I feel like I don't consider that assault.  I consider that some drunk chick who needs to learn to control her alcohol.  But I also admit that if a male had done that to a female, I would call it assault.  I don't know why that is or even saying it is right to feel that way, but it is how I feel.  I think that is partly why you see less accusations from men.

41 minutes ago, tshile said:

i say things and it never really goes over well

then destino says things and i think "that's what i meant"

sometimes when zoony says things i think "hahaha that's what i'd say if i was drunk and decided to piss off the room"

@zoony

:806:

Edited by PleaseBlitz
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Destino said:

My point however, isn't to say that I believe you're wrong in your thinking that men haven't experienced these things.  My point is that I believe this vastly different way of experiencing the same situations is often more significant. 

There's an old saying:

Men fear that women will laugh at them.

Women fear that men will kill them.

• Thanks 2

BuzzFeed has an expose out on Democrat House Rep John Conyers.

https://twitter.com/LissandraVilla/status/932802972282753024

What a POS. It also outlines how Congress secretly settles sexual harassment and assault allegations. Infuriating read. 

None of these people should be shielded and protected, especially if the tax payer is picking up the burden of covering their asses.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

BuzzFeed has an expose out on Democrat House Rep John Conyers.

https://twitter.com/LissandraVilla/status/932802972282753024

What a POS. It also outlines how Congress secretly settles sexual harassment and assault allegations. Infuriating read. 

None of these people should be shielded and protected, especially if the tax payer is picking up the burden of covering their asses.

Makes you wonder what else taxpayers are paying for.  

The differences between numerous actual physical ass-kickings/assaults I've received in my life, and when I've been mentally/emotionally assaulted by people that have power over me through their lot in life.. their effects are never really consequentially close.Powerlessness in serious life situations, and being forced to succumb to mental manipulation, is much more devastating. It's pure evil. 

Edited by SoulSkin

9 hours ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Yep, no matter the political affiliation.  And the "process" of investigating and settling these claims in Congress is unconscionable.  Totally in the favor of the perp and the victim essentially told to get lost.

When power wrongs the common woman/man and gets caught, power writes a check.  We've seen this dynamic play out in so many different ways.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If Al Franken or his people arranged that letter of support, I agree that it's unseemly.  If those women came up with that themselves, I'm not sure I see a problem.  Declaring that only statements for the accuser or against the accused are acceptable turns this into a hunt for heretics and witches.  Plus, do we really need random guys telling women what's appropriate to say right now?     

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Agree w/ Destino about the letter, but would also be interested to know if anyone declined to sign on.  A lot less meaningful if 36 women signed it, but SNL employed 100 women during that time period.  

Sort of like the Roy Moore letter that 50 pastors signed.  Fine, 50 pastors signed it out of 5 bazillion pastors in Alabama. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Agree w/ Destino about the letter, but would also be interested to know if anyone declined to sign on.  A lot less meaningful if 36 women signed it, but SNL employed 100 women during that time period.  

Sort of like the Roy Moore letter that 50 pastors signed.  Fine, 50 pastors signed it out of 5 bazillion pastors in Alabama. 

Completely agree.  In fact this letter existing at all makes it perfectly valid to ask if any of his former female SNL coworkers do not support him and why. 

• Like 2