Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

General Mass Shooting Thread (originally Las Vegas Strip)

The Sisko

it probably is a better indication of ME than it is of anything else....  

... but my first thought was for the poor people of Puerto Rico.   THey are really ****ed now.   THe administration's response has been very Katrina like... but with a strong dose of actual contempt dribbling out of the Trumster's pie-hole.

..and now, the spotlight will be turned off from there.  Trump gets off the hook again, for the next atrocity  (and we can all be happily surprised by the change that the NEWEST atrocity overshadowing Trump's LAST atrocity, isn't a self inflicted wound for a change.)

but it still leaves the American citizens in Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands ****ed and lost. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

Just now, TryTheBeal! said:

Not defending free speech today?  Maybe tomorrow I guess...

Take it to the Trump thread... This is about the victims

Just now, spjunkies said:

Fair enough but always remember his past actions caused this type of response. 

same could be said for any and every President... get over it.... This is about the victims and senseless tragedy.

Yall gotta chill 

3 minutes ago, SemperFi Skins said:

I mean its clearly related but I do agree with you. This thread is going to end up political and obviously that is going to crawl into Trump at some point. You are gonna have to accept that unless the mods make warnings. 

Edited by Llevron

1 minute ago, SemperFi Skins said:

same could be said for any and every President... get over it.... This is about the victims and senseless tragedy.

No, I won't get over the words of a uncompassionate person.

Anyway, prayers are definitely going out to the victims of this tragedy. I'm getting sick of this happening way too often.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mcsluggo said:

... but my first thought was for the poor people of Puerto Rico.   

My first thought isn't something I'm proud of but it's almost always my first reaction to major negative events.  I thought "please don't let the shooter be a Hispanic."  Things are bad enough, we don't need the guy that pardoned Arpaio getting a mass murder to use as justification to round up more Hispanics.  

My second thought was about Puerto Rico.  This knocks them off the front page at a time when they still need help.  

So you weren't alone in thinking about a seemingly unrelated island. 

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, mcsluggo said:

... but my first thought was for the poor people of Puerto Rico.   THey are really ****ed now.   THe administration's response has been very Katrina like... but with a strong dose of actual contempt dribbling out of the Trumster's pie-hole.

..and now, the spotlight will be turned off from there.  Trump gets off the hook again, for the next atrocity  (and we can all be happily surprised by the change that the NEWEST atrocity overshadowing Trump's LAST atrocity, isn't a self inflicted wound for a change.)

but it still leaves the American citizens in Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands ****ed and lost. 

No, you're right.  PR is screwed.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Mad Mike said:

His brother on MSNBC. Looks stunned. Says he has no idea what could have triggered him. Nothing stands out. No religion, no politics... "theres just nothing"...

I can't imagine how hellish these times will be for the family of the shooter.  As you said, the brother looked as though he was searching for anything to make some kind of meaning out of it.  He's as lost as the rest of the masses

44 minutes ago, Mad Mike said:

It is not difficult at all to own and shoot an automatic weapon in many places. If you have a clean record you go to your gun store, pay them and they will handle all of the paperwork for you. 6 months later that call you back to come pick up your machine gun.

May i ask where you got this information?

12 hours ago, StillUnknown said:

I can't imagine how hellish these times will be for the family of the shooter.  As you said, the brother looked as though he was searching for anything to make some kind of meaning out of it.  He's as lost as the rest of the masses

Yeah can't imagine losing a sibling and learning they committed mass murder at the same time.  Then having to process that pain while at the same time fearing for yourself and your own family because too many will view you as being tainted by this.  Yesterday you were just Frank or whatever, now you're that monsters brother.  

• Like 1