Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Do We Suddenly Have a Dominant Defense?

Going Commando

14 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

D hasn't been that bad today. A lot of the points allowed were off very short fields due to turnovers and they held the Cowboys to 3 quite often. Realistically that's the best you can ask for with all the injuries.

Defense played well in the red zone, but just couldn't do anything between the 20's. I agree with you that they weren't that bad, but this was a game where we needed them to step up and they couldn't. Couldn't overcome losing Breeland, Allen, and Foster, I guess.

On a wet, sloppy field with rain falling, I don't think it favors the home team, unless they play in it a lot. It boils down to the lines; who has the better line in the game wins, and that kinda was true in this one.

I thought the defense played pretty well myself, with the exception of a few plays, they kept the team in the game. Still, there's a lot of talent upgrading that needs to happen before they can be good on a consistent basis. Dunbar was getting abused out there, zigging when the WR was sagging.

Losing Jonathan Allen is far more devastating than originally thought. All of the sudden the interior D-line looks weak and Ionnatis looks pedestrian.  There is something to be said about having a blue chip caliber player out there which makes everyone else look way better. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/29/2017 at 9:10 PM, NoCalMike said:

Losing Jonathan Allen is far more devastating than originally thought. All of the sudden the interior D-line looks weak and Ionnatis looks pedestrian.  There is something to be said about having a blue chip caliber player out there which makes everyone else look way better. 

Yep I said that at the time too. Losing anyone else is fine(individually at least), but losing Allen is a death knell. He was commanding double teams and pushing the pocket. He was the reason the outside guys were getting a rush. It wasn't a huge deal vs. the Seahawks because their OL is trash but the Vikings are solid up front and we got zero up the middle push.

On 10/29/2017 at 9:10 PM, NoCalMike said:

Agree wholeheartedly! But can you imagine a healthy Allen and Phil Taylor in the middle? Hope they both come back next year. 

Vikings were missing Everson Griffin, who's better than anyone we have. 

7 hours ago, joeken24 said:

Agree wholeheartedly! But can you imagine a healthy Allen and Phil Taylor in the middle? Hope they both come back next year. 

I probably would not count on Taylor. The guy has been out of the league for a while. 

Our corners really sucked yesterday.  Have noticed that Breeland plays better when #24 is out. I'm guessing he prefers playing the left side of the field better.

#24 really struggled yesterday too.  Me believes he's way over-paid.

D-line really struggled as well, which is not surprising with our injuries.

O-line struggled just as much with the starters in. 

Runningbacks - I was surprised to see Perine playing very well when He was in.  We need to bring Mack Brown back.

WR's - Doctson is starting to elevate his game.  Should've traded Pryor when we had the chance.  I'm very disappointed in him.  His route running and hands need major work.  Harris and Grant should both be ahead of him, and Quick as well.

QB - Cousins is pretty good, but he's not worth nowhere near the money he's getting.  He doesn't trust his receivers, plays too cautious, needs to be more aggressive.

Team - Average.  They seem to be better on the road, if just a little (2 - 2).  2 - 3 record at home suggests we aren't very good.

2 hours ago, Campbell's_da_man said:

Our corners really sucked yesterday.  Have noticed that Breeland plays better when #24 is out. I'm guessing he prefers playing the left side of the field better.

#24 really struggled yesterday too.  Me believes he's way over-paid.

D-line really struggled as well, which is not surprising with our injuries.

O-line struggled just as much with the starters in. 

Runningbacks - I was surprised to see Perine playing very well when He was in.  We need to bring Mack Brown back.

WR's - Doctson is starting to elevate his game.  Should've traded Pryor when we had the chance.  I'm very disappointed in him.  His route running and hands need major work.  Harris and Grant should both be ahead of him, and Quick as well.

QB - Cousins is pretty good, but he's not worth nowhere near the money he's getting.  He doesn't trust his receivers, plays too cautious, needs to be more aggressive.

Team - Average.  They seem to be better on the road, if just a little (2 - 2).  2 - 3 record at home suggests we aren't very good.

The Vikings signed him when we waived him so unless they release him that is not an option.

Archived