Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

48 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

I think once we have real votes cast, and not thise ephemeral caucuses, someone will get real traction.

We'll see.  It doesn't matter, Trump is winning the electoral college.

I honestly don't have a clue, who will win the nomination but the nominee will not have full support of all the Democratic voters.

Biden - will not get alot of the Sanders voters and the younger voters, really won't be motivated to come out.

Mayor Pete- He will not get minority support; so if he wins the first two, he will quickly fade.

Sanders- His policy issues will scare off older Dem voters.  Can he draw all those Voters that Michael Moore talks about have it be more than an energized Trump electorate. Doubtful.

Warren- She has same issues as Sanders.

Bloomberg- if he gets it, probably most Dem voters won't vote for him.  It means, he was picked by the Super Delegates.

I agree that Trump will win reelection, but mainly because he's an incumbent with a decent economy, and thus I think will get enough independents to make the difference.

However, if the spectre of four more years of Trump isnt enough to drive turnout among Dem voters, no matter who the nominee, the party has serious issues.

I don’t really care for Moore’s opinions, but he’s right about those rust belt swing states.  Lose those again and lose the election.  Democrats need to win back the working class, and all the protests in the world are meaningless without winning.  More and more it seems like the democrats are hesitant to even reach out to these people, which is surprising until I remember that we’ve spent the better part of three years calling them racists.  This seems like a problem to me. 

5 minutes ago, Destino said:

I don’t really care for Moore’s opinions, but he’s right about those rust belt swing states.  Lose those again and lose the election.  Democrats need to win back the working class, and all the protests in the world are meaningless without winning.  More and more it seems like the democrats are hesitant to even reach out to these people, which is surprising until I remember that we’ve spent the better part of three years calling them racists.  This seems like a problem to me. 

Personally, I believe many of them are actually racists. 🤔

I just wouldn't say it publicly...

8 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

I honestly don't have a clue, who will win the nomination but the nominee will not have full support of all the Democratic voters.

Biden - will not get alot of the Sanders voters and the younger voters, really won't be motivated to come out.

Mayor Pete- He will not get minority support; so if he wins the first two, he will quickly fade.

Sanders- His policy issues will scare off older Dem voters.  Can he draw all those Voters that Michael Moore talks about have it be more than an energized Trump electorate. Doubtful.

Bloomberg- if he gets it, probably most Dem voters won't vote for him.  It means, he was picked by the Super Delegates.

Gosh, if only we had a younger centrist candidate with a track record of getting things done, and a track record of winning in the Midwest.

I'm speaking about Klobuchar.  I know my support of her is well known, but to be honest, I'm getting really frustrated with potential democratic voters that she isn't getting more traction.

- She's got a similar platform to Biden without being old and having so many verbal (and occasionally mental) slip-ups.

- She's open to progress without being so far into the Warren-Sanders wing that it scares off centrists.

- She has more experience and a track record of getting things done in the Senate.

- You know that whole blue wall thing or whatever that gave the election to Trump, those Midwest states?  Well, that's where she's from.  And she points it out way too much, but she has won numerous counties in statewide elections that are very Republican.  She appeals to these voters.

- She does check a diversity box by being a woman, though I'd prefer she not be judged solely by that.  Still, I know it does matter.

I can't figure out the negatives.  She's been mean to her staff?  That would be a complete non-issue if she were a man, then she's just be "tough and demanding."  Scanning twitter, etc., that is the argument I see the most, that she's mean to her staff.  Or from the Bernie wing who don't like her because she refuses to jump on the free college train, etc.  She doesn't have the name recognition of other candidates but if I recall, Obama came out of nowhere himself.  I have no idea what minority opinion is of her, it doesn't seem to have ever come up.  Unlike someone like Buttigieg, where it is apparently a big issue, I have no idea what the minority opinion is of Klobuchar.

Speaking honestly, I've always leaned slightly conservative but really dislike Trump and what the Republican party has turned into.  It's pretty much a guarantee I'll vote for whoever the Dem nominee is.  But seriously, someone like Klobuchar gets you back those states that were lost last time.  You'll forgive me if I don't care that the Sanders-Warren-AOC wing thinks she isn't progressive enough, you can worry about that after the Dems win the White House back.  As much as I dislike the man, Trump being president hasn't really affected me negatively and my 401K is skyrocketing...arguments his supporters point to.  I would like to see him gone but another four years of him probably won't hurt me much at all unless he starts a nuclear war.  The people that it does affect really need to get their heads out of their asses and realize that their candidate is unlikely to win, and throwing a tantrum and staying home instead of joining hands behind whoever the nominee is, buys you four more years of the Tan Dump Lord.

I genuinely think Klobuchar is an ideal compromise candidate but Dems are going to blow it.  Maybe I'm missing something. 

21 minutes ago, Forehead said:

I genuinely think Klobuchar is an ideal compromise candidate but Dems are going to blow it.  Maybe I'm missing something. 

Probably cause she seems very generic. She's seemed nervous in almost all the debates. Doesn't really inspire confidence that she'd be the one to effectively take on Trump. She should have had a better plan with her being new to the national stage. Biden isn't ideal but he's a known quantity and Warren comes across as fighter. Klob just that person who tells corny jokes in debates. She's not really inspiring anyone aside from DC pundits.

7 minutes ago, Forehead said:

I can't figure out the negatives. 

You know the negatives, this is still America.

1. She's boring. Not particularly charismatic or attractive. 

2. She's super white. From Minnesota, former Prosecutor from MInnesota, Senator from Minnesota. She has zero minority support. 

As for what she stands for, her record, her ideas.... Americans don't care. I doubt the average American actually equates a candidate with any ideas anymore. It just becomes talking points about left vs right. 

36 minutes ago, Mooka said:

You know the negatives, this is still America.

1. She's boring. Not particularly charismatic or attractive. 

2. She's super white. From Minnesota, former Prosecutor from MInnesota, Senator from Minnesota. She has zero minority support. 

As for what she stands for, her record, her ideas.... Americans don't care. I doubt the average American actually equates a candidate with any ideas anymore. It just becomes talking points about left vs right. 

Well, this board is certainly more educated than the average group of Ameicans, no doubt.  As to your points, I'll take boring and competent over what we have now.  I don't mind the corny jokes...I don't know if I'd call it charismatic but she's trying, I guess.  Attractive shouldn't be a factor, that's such a "woman" judgment.  Trump would have never won if physical attractiveness was a primary factor.

Two I know could be an issue.  All I said was I had no idea what her standing was among minorities.  Mayor Pete is the one who has been in the news about that, so maybe it drowned everyone else out.  Being a former prosecutor shouldn't be a disqualifying factor...prosecutors are necessary.  So long as she doesn't have a track record of prosecuting specific groups unfairly or disproportionately, why is that a problem?

My opinion, but some of these are terrible reasons to disqualify a candidate.

As for the last point...well like I said, some of the loudest, angriest, twitter-iest people are going to shoot themselves in the foot and buy themselves four more years of Trump.  He won't need Russia's help.

16 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

It always amazes me how the left side can spend so much time voicing how angry they are about things and how badly things must change, but won’t show up to vote. 

Some portion will always prefer the other guy win than compromise on some positions to have their side win. 

it’s really hard to respect that. I understand it once in a while, and some people are attached to certain issues (I know I am), but this is a regular issue for democrats. 

15 hours ago, Destino said:

many on the left, including here, think this is garbage and have all other sorts of excuses and reasons. 

but I’m with you, seems like the common sense situation. 

and I don’t know how you can expect people to vote for you when your platform is to ignore them and make them the source of the problems of others. 

it doesn’t even matter if the criticism is correct. You either need those votes or you don’t. And if you do, then that’s an incredibly stupid strategy. 

plenty think they don’t need them. I disagree. But if they can figure out how to get the others to vote... 😂

I might be way off, but I feel like a lot of those folks are more talk than anything.  This country isn't so destitute that I think this group of discriminated against white folks would actually be willing to lose their lives.  Maybe a few, but not most of them.  The ones that are willing, I'd say take them out as necessary, we'll be better off without them.

Reminds me of those Malheur refuge idiots.  I'm still not sure why, in hindsight, they didn't have their water and power cut off and get starved out.  As I recall, the only people killed or wounded in that whole episode were the idiot militants.  if these fools try some sort of uprising because Trump loses the election, I say deal with them the same way.  I have little patience for these types.

8 hours ago, Forehead said:

I'm speaking about Klobuchar.  I know my support of her is well known, but to be honest, I'm getting really frustrated with potential democratic voters that she isn't getting more traction.

- She's got a similar platform to Biden without being old and having so many verbal (and occasionally mental) slip-ups.

- She's open to progress without being so far into the Warren-Sanders wing that it scares off centrists.

- She has more experience and a track record of getting things done in the Senate.

- You know that whole blue wall thing or whatever that gave the election to Trump, those Midwest states?  Well, that's where she's from.  And she points it out way too much, but she has won numerous counties in statewide elections that are very Republican.  She appeals to these voters.

- She does check a diversity box by being a woman, though I'd prefer she not be judged solely by that.  Still, I know it does matter.

I can't figure out the negatives.  She's been mean to her staff?  That would be a complete non-issue if she were a man, then she's just be "tough and demanding."  Scanning twitter, etc., that is the argument I see the most, that she's mean to her staff.  Or from the Bernie wing who don't like her because she refuses to jump on the free college train, etc.  She doesn't have the name recognition of other candidates but if I recall, Obama came out of nowhere himself.  I have no idea what minority opinion is of her, it doesn't seem to have ever come up.  Unlike someone like Buttigieg, where it is apparently a big issue, I have no idea what the minority opinion is of Klobuchar.

Speaking honestly, I've always leaned slightly conservative but really dislike Trump and what the Republican party has turned into.  It's pretty much a guarantee I'll vote for whoever the Dem nominee is.  But seriously, someone like Klobuchar gets you back those states that were lost last time.  You'll forgive me if I don't care that the Sanders-Warren-AOC wing thinks she isn't progressive enough, you can worry about that after the Dems win the White House back.  As much as I dislike the man, Trump being president hasn't really affected me negatively and my 401K is skyrocketing...arguments his supporters point to.  I would like to see him gone but another four years of him probably won't hurt me much at all unless he starts a nuclear war.  The people that it does affect really need to get their heads out of their asses and realize that their candidate is unlikely to win, and throwing a tantrum and staying home instead of joining hands behind whoever the nominee is, buys you four more years of the Tan Dump Lord.

She isn't likeable.   Whatever momentum she has in Iowa, is about to be crushed with impeachment trial.  Pete and Joe will have Iowa and all to themselves and that will help them.

Sanders supporters will stick with him and he has a solid 10 to 20%.   

Archived