Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

I don’t have any concerns about Bernie being able to win the general election. He already polls well against Trump and that’s in a fractured primary where he hasn’t had the chance to really make his argument directly against Trump to voters in swing states. 

ive always thought Warren was a much better vehicle to deliver Bernie-like policies to America but her campaign has faded. 

im not going to let a conversation surrounding twitter trolls dissuade me from voting Bernie against trump. 

But if you don’t want Bernie then you should blame the vanity of people like Klobuchar who is 100% sure she has no chance of winning but still won’t drop out. 

9 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I don’t have any concerns about Bernie being able to win the general election. He already polls well against Trump and that’s in a fractured primary where he hasn’t had the chance to really make his argument directly against Trump to voters in swing states. 

ive always thought Warren was a much better vehicle to deliver Bernie-like policies to America but her campaign has faded. 

im not going to let a conversation surrounding twitter trolls dissuade me from voting Bernie against trump. 

But if you don’t want Bernie then you should blame the vanity of people like Klobuchar who is 100% sure she has no chance of winning but still won’t drop out. 

It would have been fascinating to see who would've emerged if Biden stayed out and we started in states that weren't whiter than white. 

10 minutes ago, Hersh said:

It would have been fascinating to see who would've emerged if Biden stayed out and we started in states that weren't whiter than white. 

Isn't this a part of what upsets people about Bloomberg seemingly buying his way in? Or am I making that up? 

the dems are like the redskins have been...even on those rare occasions when we're definitely favored in a game, we can be counted on to play down to the level of the scrubbiest opponent when it matters most, often getting beat

what a time (tho it makes sense in an obvious way) for all these different wildcard factors on the dem side to come out of the woodwork at once

when it matters most

what will happen?

stay tuned mystery theatre fans!

1 hour ago, mcsluggo said:

is your question

Invisibilizing people of color through the pejorative smear of "bros" used ubiquitously without recognition of the origin of the term and the inherent framing constraint?

Marginalization of the already disenfranchised. dovetailing to already existing systemic racism. 

9 minutes ago, Monk4thaHALL said:

Invisibilizing people of color through the pejorative smear of "bros" used ubiquitously without recognition of the origin of the term and the inherent framing constraint?

Marginalization of the already disenfranchised. dovetailing to already existing systemic racism. 

Wait a minute. So you are arguing that use of the term "Bros" is racist?  That's your argument?  Holy cow.

22 minutes ago, Monk4thaHALL said:

Would you mind pretending that I'm stupid (hell, no pretending needed) and explain what you mean?  I don't think we really use the term bros with some inherent connection to people of color anymore.  Or is that not even what you're talking about? (See above re me=stupid)

1 minute ago, Dan T. said:

Well, let's all acknowledge that black folks can be Bernie Bros. too.  There's a Big Tent for asshole behavior.

I've found that the term is largely conflated and hyperbolic, if not completely and outrightly disingenuous.

Who is playing St. Peter, you? 

I seen fed up people with arguments that start at the policy and the politician behind them, but the response in turn is instantly back upon the individual. 

I seen people fed up with being screwed over and voicing their opinion in the only forum they can afford, the free one, which doesn't require a super PAC. 

And wouldn't you know that the astronomically well funded super PAC message somehow manages to always be filled with platitudes and nice shiny pleasant behavior. 

Further I think the term simply expedites complete dismissal of an individual, who if already marginalized by systemic racism has yet once again been told that the desperation they feel in the clutches of inequality has once again been dismissed.

-- Hey you're an (-ist) asshole.

-- Thanks I thought I was just poor. 

The whole political twitter-verse is a thing unto itself. I wouldn't know where to begin to unpack it. The asshole you met on twitter could just as easily be a paid correct the record stooge, bad actor. Twitter seems to be completely about bait and switch, which is probably why I'm not on it. Should we hire fusion GPS like Clinton to do a case study?

13 minutes ago, Monk4thaHALL said:

I've found that the term is largely conflated and hyperbolic, if not completely and outrightly disingenuous.

Who is playing St. Peter, you? 

The term "Bernie Bros," as I've seen it used, refers to the particular swarm of Bernie Sanders supporters who attack differing opinions too fervently and way out of proportion to the perceived wrong.  Their passion gets the best of them, and the result doesn't reflect well upon them.    A recent example is the vitriol directed at the Nevada restaurant workers union who came out against Sanders' heath care plan.

The term may be an over-generalization, but it didn't arise out of thin air either.

One of the more worrying things about Bernie is that he doesn’t seem to be drawing in new voters to offset ones we might lose in the middle or on the right.  The polls have him matching well with Trump, but so far he has somewhat under performed.  A lot of the new voters that have come out to vote have supported other candidates, so hopefully if he gets the nom, he works to get their support. We’ll see.

Berniebro is a mindset. It's like "OK boomer" being directed at people who aren't baby boomers. There are female Berniebros. 

The wild Berniebro's natural habitat is an expensive coastal city. They are primarily encountered in Brooklyn. Berniebros are herbivores who consume leafy green vegetables and drugs, though there is a reminder before each meal that there is no ethical consumption under capitalism. 

Berniebros typically do not reproduce because the planet will be dead by 2030. Those with children don't check under the bed for monsters, but for CIA tracking devices. 

The Berniebro knows you can't trust the lying fake news mainstream media ("MSM"). Instead his information comes exclusively from dip****s on YouTube like Jimmy Dore or Kyle Kulinski, two guys who really know what they're talking about. 

He does not support Donald Trump, he swears, but sees little to no difference between Trump and the real enemy, the evil neoliberal Establishment Democrat. You have to hand it to Trump, he's right about the lying MSM, the rigged elections, and the rigged polls. 

The Berniebro knows that the United States is basically a third world hellscape. He enjoys being part of a working class movement that focuses on working class issues like student loan debt and rent control in some of the world's most expensive cities. Though about 5% of people work 2 jobs, he is certain that almost everyone except Jeff Bezos works 2-3 jobs to eke out an existence. 

1 hour ago, Dan T. said:

The term "Bernie Bros," as I've seen it used, refers to the particular swarm of Bernie Sanders supporters who attack differing opinions too fervently and way out of proportion to the perceived wrong. 

Well you know what’s weird Dan, I actually think that someone who uses the term “B bros” is actually an asshole too. Weird.

We just have a subjective geiger counter for alerting ourselves to who is an asshole and who is not. 

And earlier in this thread you used that term and got likes from people. Approvals.

I actually think the term does nothing but diminish another human being. And I believe the term is used not only mockingly, but also belittling.

It crests with overtones of admonishing fingerwagging and serves only to be dismissive of the individual.

It came from the same Clinto camp that brought you deplorables, only this "B bros" is weaponized against the very same political party. 

Clinton has been firing off shots at Bernie for ... ever. 

And the bernie sanders movement is multi-racial, multi-gendered and encompasses all age brackets. So invariably, the "bros" slap back has likely offended some innocent onlookers and some of the most downtrodden of our society in the process. 

So you see, if someone from the centrist, corporate democract bloc who calls themselves liberal, just goes about smearing the progressive left of their party, at least Biden would tell you to go vote for someone else, I’m here to implore you and those dems to instead of taking a pejorative swipe at someone, use that moment for an olive brach and find a way to reach a disenfranchised person. Be the change. 

Lastly, the vocabulary of the poor and marginalized will always be terse and blunt, imbuing truthfulness. Expletives are the vocabulary of the working class, because it’s the most direct and real talk, not pristine super-pac floweriness.   

I will agree with you completely that anything, or anyone, who engages in threats of violence should be condemned. But where I disagree (in theory) is that someone who has been screwed over to their face for generations should be mocked and dismissed out of hand because vitriol gets the better of them since they happen to be and have a right to be pissed off.

Archived