Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

1 minute ago, Destino said:

Wasn’t too long ago that Amy and Pete were ridiculed as having no chance.  They’ve gotten a great deal of momentum out of the first two primaries by exceeding expectations.

Sanders did well, obviously, but he was expected to so I'm not sure he gets too great a bump. 

Warren and Biden need to rebound well in Nevada and South Carolina, or their campaigns are dead in the water.  

Results matter and they matter more than national polls. If voters come to think a candidate can’t win, they won’t. 

Its weird that Warren beat Klobuchar in Iowa (close to Minnesota), yet Klobuchar beats her in New Hampshire (close to Massachusetts) - you'd think it be the other way around

2 minutes ago, DCSaints_fan said:

Its weird that Warren beat Klobuchar in Iowa (close to Minnesota), yet Klobuchar beats her in New Hampshire (close to Massachusetts) - you'd think it be the other way around

I was sort of wondering if this matters. 

i would have thought warren would do better than single digits in New Hampshire. 

I don't mind Klobucher, if she has a chance (she's come in 5th and 3rd so far), and vying with Pete and Biden (and maybe Bloomberg) for votes, but I will say she comes off as a bit of a bully at times in debates. Maybe that's not a bad thing to take on Trump, but it puts me off a little.

5 minutes ago, visionary said:

I don't mind Klobucher, if she has a chance (she's come in 5th and 3rd so far), and vying with Pete and Biden (and maybe Bloomberg) for votes, but I will say she comes off as a bit of a bully at times in debates. Maybe that's not a bad thing to take on Trump, but it puts me off a little.

yeah I see that. I guess I always wrote that off as being in a debate with 20 people. 

Chris Mathews on msnbc laid out how exit polling put klobuchar at the top of some key categories

things like they called candidate qualities that matter most

“who do you think has the best chance of uniting America”, “cares about me”, “can bring change”, etc

I have no idea what that sort exit polling is worth just sharing

Interestingly (to me) my wife thinks klobuchar is a great public speaker and is very authentic in how she does it and that matters. She thinks we’re all being too hard on her or whatever. 

after she went over it I watched the rest and i don’t know...

4 minutes ago, Destino said:

Which of these candidates is most likely to win Pennsylvania, Ohio, Michigan, and Wisconsin?  Ultimately that’s the question that will matter most in the next presidential election. 

Noone.

Not Bernie.

Not Amy.

Not Pete.

Not Michael Bloomberg.

Trump has nothing to worry about.

45 minutes ago, tshile said:

It sucks. I think she’s a quality candidate. I know others do too. But she lacks “it” and it sucks how much that matters. 

When she isn't reading a speech, she's much better. I think she's really strong in a lot of ways and maybe I'm being too hard on her. 

8 minutes ago, Destino said:

Which of these candidates is most likely to win Pennsylvania, Ohio, Michigan, and Wisconsin?  Ultimately that’s the question that will matter most in the next presidential election. 

Well if you focus on just those states I'd say Klobucher.  Given tonights results (so far) I think Klobucher is the only one that can stop Sanders.  Buttigieg won't be able to get the black vote - which is key to winning for the more centrist candidates.  However, Klobucher's problem is Buttigieg as he is doing well enough to hang in there for a long time and split the centrist vote enabling Sanders to stay in the lead. Essentially 2016 all over again but this time with the Dems. 

1 minute ago, Hersh said:

I don't know how he means this, but it comes across as condescending. If he doesn't understand why Klobuchar is the story, he's a dumb **** smart guy. 

Sanders is from next door, so the expectations is that he does well there. Especially, since he kicked Hillary's ass in 2016.

The story is Pete continuing to do well and being so close to Sanders and Amy staying alive by finishing 3rd ahead of Warren and Sanders. Noone is taking Sanders win away from him but it is expected. 

3 minutes ago, Hersh said:

I don't know how he means this, but it comes across as condescending. If he doesn't understand why Klobuchar is the story, he's a dumb **** smart guy. 

He's stressing that the media is not giving bernie the attention a candidate in his position typically gets. Which is absolutely true. Bernie's probably not in my top 3, but the coverage of his candidacy has been odd

Just now, StillUnknown said:

He's stressing that the media is not giving bernie the attention a candidate in his position typically gets. Which is absolutely true. Bernie's probably not in my top 3, but the coverage of his candidacy has been odd

Sanders is underperforming, which is a big story. I think it's a much bigger story for Bernie if he wins Nevada and/or SC. 

1 minute ago, nonniey said:

Well if you focus on just those states I'd say Klobucher.  Given tonights results (so far) I think Klobucher is the only one that can stop Sanders.  Buttigieg won't be able to get the black vote - which is key to winning for the more centrist candidates.  However, Klobucher's problem is Buttigieg as he is doing well enough to hang in there for a long time and split the centrist vote enabling Sanders to stay in the lead. Essentially 2016 all over again but this time with the Dems. 

How has Klobucher done with minorities so far compared to Pete? 

Also it would be hard to convince Pete to drop out when he's somewhat tied for first in the Iowa and NH and leads in delegates.  

I'm curious to see some new polls in other states to see how they match up vs Sanders now.  Bloomberg and Biden complicate things maybe.

Just now, visionary said:

How has Klobucher done with minorities so far compared to Pete? 

Also it would be hard to convince Pete to drop out when he's somewhat tied for first in the Iowa and NH and leads in delegates.  

I'm curious to see some new polls in other states to see how they match up vs Sanders now.  Bloomberg and Biden complicate things maybe.

She's polling the same if not worst than Pete with black voters. Amy has the same problem Pete has. Bloomberg is going grab the older black voters cause of his name and advertising.

4 minutes ago, Hersh said:

Sanders is underperforming, which is a big story. I think it's a much bigger story for Bernie if he wins Nevada and/or SC. 

For some reason I thought Bernie won Nevada last time.  It seems like he lost 52-47 though. 

I haven't seen many polls from Nevada though.  But It's unclear how useful polls are with caucuses.

Sigh.

Just now, Cooked Crack said:

She's polling the same if not worst than Pete with black voters. Amy has the same problem Pete has. Bloomberg is going grab the older black voters cause of his name and advertising.

I think this speaks to the problem of starting with two very white states for a Senator from a very white state. She really should've spend more time in SC and Nevada reaching out. 

Archived