Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

26 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I don’t know that this hurt Bloomberg’s candidacy when he can just flood all the voters that don’t watch debates with more ads. 

Agreed.  Bloomberg's ads are gonna reach a whole ****load of voters who didn't watch this debate.  

It seems like Pete's performance is now being written off as him getting into a fight with Amy (and I've seen some saying he is mean and misogynistic for the way he treats her, as if she hasn't gone after him in every debate).  I thought he had a bunch of really good moments and even debated Bernie pretty well.  

Loser: Chuck Todd’s hair.

Winner: Bernie. He does his thing. I think he’s living in fantasyland and knows it, but he’s consistent. 

I also think Bloomberg came off way better than the pundits are saying. Like he’s above it all. A grown up who laughs at all the nonsense. And he’s taking punches now. They sting but later they will be old news. 

Mayor Pete is incredibly gifted.

The pundits love Warren, but no one likes to get yelled at and lectured to all day long. 

I thought Buttigueg did incredibly well.  If you don’t want Bernie then I think this is the horse you should hitch your wagon to.

Warren was great at beating up Bloomberg, who should have dropped our mid debate, but he’s an easy target.  I don’t want some policy wank belittling me all day long.  I don’t like her schtick.  It’s fine if you all like Warren, but your time would probably be best supporting Sanders instead.

This race should be Bernie, Biden, Buttigueg and Warren at this point.

Bernie needs to find some way to fix his relationship with Warren because shes the obvious VP choice for him. Shes the only person qualified enough and close enough to his positions to make sense, he couldnt pick AOC even if he was crazy enough to because shes too young.

Then go level 11 and get Pete in his cabinet somewhere to position him for a future run.  Hes officially being wasted as a mayor.  A lot of goodwill can come from him helping to set up the next generation of the party he never wanted to be a part of in the first place.

Sanders' vote on the 2007 immigration bill adds fuel to the fire on my trepidation about him.  He voted against it because the unions were split, which is fine.  That was  his core audience.  And the guest worker program was a compromise to the money wing of the GOP to garner their support, which had a good chance of blowing up somewhere down the road.

But then to turn it around and make it an absolute moral issue, pulling that line about slavery.  So Ted Kennedy and Barack Obama supported a slavery bill?  It's a compromise bill and in a country of diametrically opposed political spectrum, it often takes a compromise bill when it comes to huge complex problems.  

Amy needs pants. Seriously, if you gotta get into the muck, be comfy. (If she's the girl keeping pantyhose alive, I'm old & approve, however. )

I like her, and could deal if she won, but she won't. 

Nothing of substance was discussed, much less debated. 

I fear for GA. I don't want Stacey Abrams anywhere but here...sorry, gang. She wants to govern Georgia, and I want her to do that. 

Archived