Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nazis showing up at places uninvited.

No Excuses

Just now, No Excuses said:

Rotting in prison for the next 50 years is far worse than instantly being turned into worm food.

No one agrees with me on my feelings on life-sentences, so I'm not going to expect to start now.  

You are right, its worse, why we should stop life-sentences.  If they can't be around society anymore why are we keeping them in a cage for 50 years instead of just actually removing them?  Just pull the trigger and force the conversation on people being kept in jail for less time, either you should be allowed back into society at some point or just taken out completely.

Life-Sentence is a Death-Sentence, our prison population is the largest in the world because so many want to act like it isn't.

4 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

This.  Far worse. 

Maybe we should do a poll of what people would rather have: 50 years in jail or be executed.  It's said life sentences are worse, but would anyone rather be dead then alive?  I imagine most people would rather have the life-sentence, that's saying something.

4 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

No one agrees with me on my feelings on life-sentences, so I'm not going to expect to start now.  

You are right, its worse, why we should stop life-sentences.  If they can't be around society anymore why are we keeping them in a cage for 50 years instead of just actually removing them?  Just pull the trigger and force the conversation on people being kept in jail for less time, either you should be allowed back into society at some point or just taken out completely.

Life-Sentence is a Death-Sentence, our prison population is the largest in the world because so many want to act like it isn't.

For violent criminals, I disagree, especially if they took a life.

Non-violent crimes, agreed however. 

20 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Maybe we should do a poll of what people would rather have: 50 years in jail or be executed.  It's said life sentences are worse, but would anyone rather be dead then alive?  I imagine most people would rather have the life-sentence, that's saying something.

I am currently representing a guy that has been in prison for 30 years, since he was 16.  He hates every single day he is inside. He’s been stabbed 14 times. The guards treat him like a subhuman. His family cant afford to stay in contact with him. Every day is the same, unless something particularly awful happens. 

Ive been working with him for 2 years and have reflected on this a lot. I’d rather die.

Edited by PleaseBlitz
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

For violent criminals, I disagree, especially if they took a life.

Non-violent crimes, agreed however. 

Anyone can correct me on this, but mandatory minimum for voluntary manslaughter is not life or death sentence.  I kinda understand where your coming from with that, but I want prision to be for holding people and helping them re-integrate back into society or holding people that shouldn't be back into society until they are executed.  There's too much push to keep as many people in jail as possible right now, again I think I know what you meant in the worst of the worst, but "violent criminals" seems like too vague a term.

7 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Ive been working with him for 2 years and have reflected on this a lot. I’d rather die.

I respect that considering your perspective, I still believe you're in the minority.  Maybe I would do a poll, this one will get off track if it goes into a full-blown death penalty discussion, I was just speaking out loud.

• Like 1

By the way, a word of caution to all of us who live in DC: on July 6, a bunch of Nazi goons are coming to DC for a rally, and so is Antifa and several other left wing groups. Their last confrontation in Portland a few days ago got pretty violent and there is similar chatter over this one. 

Stay safe and be careful.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

By the way, a word of caution to all of us who live in DC: on July 6, a bunch of Nazi goons are coming to DC for a rally, and so is Antifa and several other left wing groups. Their last confrontation in Portland a few days ago got pretty violent and there is similar chatter over this one. 

Stay safe and be careful.

What the hell is going on in Portland. Seems like some **** every other day.

And yeah, I doubt anything will happen, but Im always prepared.

9 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

And yeah, I doubt anything will happen, but Im always prepared.

Gonna be the right mix of ass holes in DC this weekend to cause so drama.  Im not looking forward to it. 

1 minute ago, Llevron said:

Gonna be the right mix of ass holes in DC this weekend to cause so drama.  Im not looking forward to it. 

Yeah but **** largely got out of hand in other places because mostly white police officers just stood there in the beginning.

I see a ton of black folks in uniform down there. I think the only result they'll achieve is LE boots on their foreheads and up their asses

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1