Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2017 NCAA Football Thread

ixcuincle

1 minute ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Ga deserved to lose this game. They were awful down the stretch 

They clenched up and got super conservative.

But Bama did the same thing on that final drive.  Getting cute and trying to set up the perfect FG when they had plenty of time and the down and distance to go for the TD SMH...  I thought for sure that was going to lead to GA winning the game.  I would have loved to see Sony Michel rip off another go ahead TD and carry his team to a championship.

2 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Incredible game.  Incredible playoff.  I've been in favor of an 8 or even 16 team field, but the quality of this playoff makes me a little hesitant to support further expansion.

Then again, two more weekends of this would be ****ing amazing.

Amazing.....considering Bama didn’t belong here in the first place.  You know that whole we just sat on the sofa during our conference championship game song and dance.  

1 minute ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Amazing.....considering Bama didn’t belong here in the first place.  You know that whole we just sat on the sofa during our conference championship game sing and dance.  

Didn't belong here?  That is pure hate.  They just beat the second and third best teams in the country.  And that was a damn home game for Georgia.  They proved they were the best team this season.

Just now, Rufus T Firefly said:

And how the hell do you let a receiver run that free downfield on 2nd and 26 in OT?

#14 from Georgia had to be the worst player on the field tonight.

They didn’t show a replay.  I think he was peaking into the backfield.  QB was initially looking middle, and when he got his eyes back around to the receiver, he was 7 yards behind him. 

He threw his hands up like he was expecting safety help, but he stopped running to cover a patch of grass at the 25 yard line.

all I could tell from the sideline view.  With no replay.

2 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

This guy is literally a Russell Wilson clone all the way down to the Praise god, completely innocent, never said a cuss word bland interview 

Dudes gonna bang half the Bama cheerleaders tonight in the name of God. 

1 minute ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Didn't belong here?  That is pure hate.  They just beat the second and third best teams in the country.  And that was a damn home game for Georgia.  They proved they were the best team this season.

Yeah, but they really shouldn't have been one of the 4 teams chosen. 

Just now, stevemcqueen1 said:

They didn’t belong in the playoffs. They didn’t even win their division, let alone conference. The criteria laid out by the committee goes out the window when it comes to Bama. 

Sure, if you give Nick Saban 5 weeks, his teams will win most four team playoffs. So effectively the regular season doesn’t matter for Bama. They literally don’t have to play any good teams, they don’t need to win the SEC as long as they only have 1 loss they will always get in. 

Just now, stevemcqueen1 said:

Pure hate my ass.  They didn't deserve to make the CFP, PERIOD.  They didn't even play in their own conference championship game, they watched from the ****ing sofa.  Committee can't preach for 3 years that winning your conference championship carries heavy weight to making the 4 team playoff, only to not honor that year 4.  Funny, that was major criteria when Bama was winning the SEC/playing in the conf. championship game the first three years, now it's not.  

OSU got ****ed out of their spot and you know they did, just like the rest of the world man.  

True.  They never would have beaten everybody if the committee hadn't messed up and let them in.

Just say the regular season doesn’t matter. That’s what this playoff proved. 

True.  They never would have beaten everybody if the committee hadn't messed up and let them in.

Well, if you want to take the position that winning in the playoff means the committee are justified in making that choice, then that's your view, and that's fine.

Personally, I think the 4 teams that are picked are the teams that have earned it beforehand. We'll never know if Ohio St could've "beaten everybody" and earned a sarcastic remark like the one you gave. All we know is they won a power conference championship, like Alabama couldn't and yet were denied that chance.

Archived