Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Sewer That Is The GOP: With All The White Supremacists, Conspiracy Nutters, And Other Malicious Whacko Subgroups, How Does It Get Fixed?

Jumbo

13 hours ago, Simmsy said:

I was going to say that he's too young, but he'll be 50 in 8 years and I don't think that is TOO young. Hopefully, America will be over the anti gay stuff by then.

I hope America gets over the anti woman stuff before the anti gay stuff. 

Woman: always behind a man here in America.  Even Mexico sees value in woman leader. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

I hope America gets over the anti woman stuff before the anti gay stuff. 

Woman: always behind a man here in America.  Even Mexico sees value in woman leader. 

Nothing says "I'm a warrior for equality" like "I hope my group gets it before that other group."

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Larry said:

Nothing says "I'm a warrior for equality" like "I hope my group gets it before that other group."

uhm... i believe she is both of those groups.    and (correct me if i am wrong) compartmentalizing and highlighting which portion of her self she feels has been more denigrated on a regular basis in her day to day life.     

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Isn't that a step backwards? At least as DOT Secretary he's in the line of succession (albeit 14th).

No clue on ranking. I was just thinking maximizing his talents, getting him more public facing, and closer to the Oval to get used to how things work there.

I just don't like him being rushed too much. Great leaders take time and experience to become great leaders.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

No clue on ranking. I was just thinking maximizing his talents, getting him more public facing, and closer to the Oval to get used to how things work there.

I just don't like him being rushed too much. Great leaders take time and experience to become great leaders.

I'm thinking Veep.  

Although yeah, that would be a huge slap to Kamala.  

Here's something lawmakers need to start talking about openly: if there's violence before or after election the GOP should be held legally responsible for it...

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/article/2024/jun/11/trump-republicans-justice-system-attacks

Experts see dangers in the GOP marching in lockstep with Trump’s incendiary claims.

“It’s hardly unusual for convicted politicians to say they’ve been charged for political reasons,” the Harvard government professor Steven Levitsky, who co authored How Democracies Die, told the Guardian.

“What’s different here and very important is that in healthy democracies most mainstream politicians distance themselves from such attacks. The GOP has gotten to the point where most Republican leaders are echoing Trump’s charges of a rigged justice system.”

Likewise, former justice department officials say Trump’s scalding attacks are ominous.

“The denigration of judges, jurors and prosecutors by Trump is certainly a threat to the rule of law,” Ty Cobb, a former justice department official and White House counsel in the Trump years, told the Guardian. “Trump has certainly taken this to a new and lamentable level.”

Similarly, Levitsky observed that “Half of US politicians are calling the justice system a sham,” and stressed that this reflected “Trump’s dominance of the GOP and its radicalization”.

Congressman Jamie Raskin said the Republican reaction to Trump’s conviction was “an utterly cultish and tribalistic response to the ordinary working of the rule of law. They keep describing the verdict as rigged and fraudulent but can’t explain any element of the process that was actually in error. This is just an attack on the jury system.

“This is not going to play well with the American people. Donald Trump exhibits spectacular disrespect for the rule of law. He openly teases and embraces political violence.” Raskin added that the overwhelming Republican reaction to Trump’s conviction revealed “they’re headed over the cliff with Donald Trump. Trump’s derangement has spread throughout the Republican camp.”

Edited by BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, mcsluggo said:

uhm... i believe she is both of those groups.    and (correct me if i am wrong) compartmentalizing and highlighting which portion of her self she feels has been more denigrated on a regular basis in her day to day life.     

There are more women than there are gays and lesbians, and running and electing a gay man ahead of a woman, lesbian or not, once again inculcates patriarchy over qualifications. There are plenty of Democrat women who could run, specifically Gretchen Witmer and Kamala Harris among a crowd of others. 

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

There are more women than there are gays and lesbians, and running and electing a gay man ahead of a woman, lesbian or not, once again inculcates patriarchy over qualifications. There are plenty of Democrat women who could run, specifically Gretchen Witmer and Kamala Harris among a crowd of others. 

You're right, and overwhelmingly white women have been keeping the Republicans in power. IMO that's the really WTF? thing that doesn't seem to get talked about enough.

Everyone ****es about Democratic messaging, that's the schwerpunkt they ought to be hitting the hardest, why are you enabling your oppressors? Women listen to women.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, LD0506 said:

You're right, and overwhelmingly white women have been keeping the Republicans in power. IMO that's the really WTF? thing that doesn't seem to get talked about enough.

Everyone ****es about Democratic messaging, that's the schwerpunkt they ought to be hitting the hardest, why are you enabling your oppressors? Women listen to women.

that is simply not true.    

according to economist/yougov   https://today.yougov.com/topics/politics/trackers/donald-trump-favorability  the oompahloompah has roughly 50% approval amongst men (of all races) and amongst white people (of both sexes) but 60% unfavorable versus 38% favorable amongst women.     This particular graphic doesn't have multiple toggles.... but women are the only thing keeping the felon's approval rate down to 50% amongst white people.    and non-white people are the only thing keeping the dipwad's approval down to 50% amongst men.

if this election was taking place back in the early 20th century when only white people were allowed to vote (effectively) and only men were allowed to vote (by law!) then Trump would be running away with this election. 

turdmuffin's favorability amongst women:

image.thumb.png.396ccad8f8f515e01c614d75c167f3b7.png

turdmuffin's favorability amongst men:

image.thumb.png.a90d418ea6015bc10fdaec63bed69b7d.png

turdmuffin's favorability amongst white people:

image.thumb.png.7d109b8b3ea793604d431b5b68423973.png

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

It's about time, because some of the normal GOP team is belatedly realizing that this kind of rhetoric doesn't win elections...and that the GOP could be held responsible for any violence that occurs due to his words.

this sort of trash hasn't hurt the GOP nearly enough.  they have strongly supported this sort of statement since, well, for-ever...

50-60-ish years ago the GOP consciously adopted the southern strategy and wrenched southern supporters from the Democrats by actively and strongly supported this sort of rhetoric against racial minorities... slowly transitioning over time to "strongly tolerating it within their ranks while trying to discretely wink at both sides of the issue so that they could simultaneously try not alienate an absolutely vital core voting block (unrepentant racists) and pretend to try to court other important voting blocks (everyone else)..."

now the GOP is about 10 years into that same curve for gay people.... still closer to "strongly supporting..." anti gay rhetoric and not yet moved forward-to "strongly-tolerating..."

but again... it hasn't hurt the GOP all that much at the voting booths,  which is a continuing burning indictment of our society.   

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

2 hours ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

Here's something lawmakers need to start talking about openly: if there's violence before or after election the GOP should be held legally responsible for it...

That would certainly be an interesting use of the new SCOTUS ruling that people are responsible for the protests/riots they organize …

• Like 3

Asked if that applies to Trump verdict, he says it’s “an entirely different situation,”  

“The Justice Department was doing everything they could to cover up his tax problems and his gun problems”

• Haha 1
  • Thumb down 1

Uh, I remember Times Square in the 80s.  

And I'm quite certain that every day, thousands of people go to Times Square and don't get robbed.  

And if you don't want your hotel to have illegal aliens, start punishing the hotel for hiring them.  

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

6 hours ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Unless I personally know where the raw milk comes from, I mean the specific animal, I'm not drinking raw milk. 

Yup

I know people that drink raw milk. They live on farms and basically get it themselves.

If I was in that situation, I would probably have little issue doing the same.

I aint ever walking into a store and buying it tho.

• Like 1