Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Sewer That Is The GOP: With All The White Supremacists, Conspiracy Nutters, And Other Malicious Whacko Subgroups, How Does It Get Fixed?

Jumbo

I'm all for Peter Alexander being the full time host of MTP. But booking Noem on any of their shows is a joke. They aren't educating the audience on anything. She brings nothing to any conversation. They are doing this because they know their clips will find their way online and if they booked someone who wasn't a clown, nobody would talk about it. That's not news or news conversations. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 2

6 minutes ago, @DCGoldPants said:

I'm all for Peter Alexander being the full time host of MTP. But booking Noem on any of their shows is a joke. They aren't educating the audience on anything. She brings nothing to any conversation. They are doing this because they know their clips will find their way online and if they booked someone who wasn't a clown, nobody would talk about it. That's not news or news conversations. 

That's entertainment. There is no news anymore except once in a while. Faux is purely entertainment because of their lies. MSNBC is mostly commentary and opinion pieces following an event unless they are reporting events in real time.  CNN is almost purely entertainment too unless they happen to report events in real time. The rest are more or less than these three networks.

• Thumb up 2

7 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

That's entertainment. There is no news anymore except once in a while. Faux is purely entertainment because of their lies. MSNBC is mostly commentary and opinion pieces following an event unless they are reporting events in real time.  CNN is almost purely entertainment too unless they happen to report events in real time. The rest are more or less than these three networks.

And they all continue to give Trump free air time cause it's good for their ratings.

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 2

I don't agree with marriage as an institution; however, if people want to get married, even form legal families with multiple people of multiple ages it's not my business. The same with any other rights that involve our persons. 

I'm sick of Christian Nationalists shoving religious crap down our throats.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 2

14 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

I'm sick of Christian Nationalists shoving religious crap down our throats.

Same here, especially since it violates the teachings of their own faith. Whatever happened to opening doors to accept others even if you don't agree with their lifestyle?

And if they can't do that, then what about to live and let live? Do what you want but leave me alone...

Pretty sure JC would be appalled at what his followers have become, consumed with fear and ruled by conformity.

Edited by BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen
  • Thanks 1

Ronny Jackson's posh dining club membership may have violated ethics laws: report

A personal perk indulged by Rep. Ronny Jackson (R-TX) may have breached Congress ethics laws.

Former President Donald Trump's and former President Barack Obama's ex-White House doctor-turned-lawmaker appears to have purchased a private dining club membership with campaign money, according to the Office of Congressional Ethics and first reported by MyHighPlains.com.

They wrote that "there is substantial reason to believe that Rep.Jackson converted campaign funds from Texans for Ronny Jackson to personal use or Rep.Jackson’s campaign committee expended funds that were not attributable to bona fide campaign political purposes," according to the document.

The committee accused Jackson of treating himself as a patron of The Amarillo Club.

Notably, Jackson "declined to interview or provide any additional documents or testimony," according to the OCE review. "Additionally, and in contrast to the prior review, the Amarillo Club refused to provide documents" to the committee as well.

Click on the link for the full article

• Thumb down 1

6 hours ago, China said:

Ronny Jackson's posh dining club membership may have violated ethics laws: report

A personal perk indulged by Rep. Ronny Jackson (R-TX) may have breached Congress ethics laws.

Former President Donald Trump's and former President Barack Obama's ex-White House doctor-turned-lawmaker appears to have purchased a private dining club membership with campaign money, according to the Office of Congressional Ethics and first reported by MyHighPlains.com.

They wrote that "there is substantial reason to believe that Rep.Jackson converted campaign funds from Texans for Ronny Jackson to personal use or Rep.Jackson’s campaign committee expended funds that were not attributable to bona fide campaign political purposes," according to the document.

The committee accused Jackson of treating himself as a patron of The Amarillo Club.

Notably, Jackson "declined to interview or provide any additional documents or testimony," according to the OCE review. "Additionally, and in contrast to the prior review, the Amarillo Club refused to provide documents" to the committee as well.

Click on the link for the full article

Probably just a misunderstanding. Did you check under Ronny JOHNSON?

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, dfitzo53 said:

To be fair it looks like it went down across the board, which is odd to me. 

I wonder if there's some backlash from trans people becoming more visible. 

You can't look at each individual line segment in a graph if you're looking for trends.

Dem support for same-sex marriage has been higher than it is now only two times in the last 30 years...and one of those times it was at 84% compared to 83% now. Statistically irrelevant.

Independents support for same-sex marriage has been higher than it is now only one time in the last 30 years.

Republican support for same-sex marriage has been higher than it is now 5 times in the last 7 years.

Put another way...in the last 3 years:

- Dem support has remained unchanged.

- Independent support has risen 1%

- Republican support has dropped 10%

Support is not "down across the board."

• Like 2
  • Thumb down 1

13 hours ago, China said:

Deport them to where? To deport someone, they have to be a non-citizen.  Is he planning to revoke the citizenship of US nationals?  And, if they were born in the US, what country would they be sent to. Stupid.

Can we send them to Iran or Syria or china? 

13 hours ago, dfitzo53 said:

To be fair it looks like it went down across the board, which is odd to me. 

I wonder if there's some backlash from trans people becoming more visible. 

Also to add - the current dip is close to the other dips in an otherwise trending upward trend line. 

it could just be the natural course of things… would have to see if it continues down or goes back up …

• Like 1

Good God-- if there's a mixture of drugs that's keeping an 81-year-old Joe Biden going, we should be offering up that medical miracle to every elderly person who needs it. The quality of life improvements would almost definitely outweigh whatever long-term effects the drugs have.  I'm not saying he's 100% of what he was at his peak, but it's a well-known fact that even some of his awkward pauses are the remnants of the stutter he's been managing his entire political career.  This whole 'jacked up Joe,' theory is sick even by modern Republican standards.

Edited by balki1867
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2