Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Sewer That Is The GOP: With All The White Supremacists, Conspiracy Nutters, And Other Malicious Whacko Subgroups, How Does It Get Fixed?

Jumbo

1 hour ago, FootballZombie said:

She's a drag on the party. Bribing her to go away was kinda prudent.

Talk about a backfire tho.

Also, nobody in the republican part should trust anyone else in the republican party.

Absolutely. It's like they are doing the hard work for their opponents. There are probably Republicans in Arizona who will believe paying her to stay out of it will always be worth trying. 

Former state Rep. Daire Rendon, who's facing two felony charges for her alleged involvement in a scheme to unlawfully access voting machines after the 2020 election, has won a position as chairwoman of the 1st Congressional District Republican Committee in northern Michigan.

Rendon of Lake City announced her election in an email Tuesday to Republican activists, which was obtained by The Detroit News. Rendon's elevation to a position of influence within the Michigan GOP comes as her criminal charges, resulting from a push to challenge Republican Donald Trump's loss to Democrat Joe Biden in 2020, are still pending in Oakland County Circuit Court.

"I am now looking forward to leading the district through this upcoming 2024 election year," Rendon wrote in the email to northern Michigan Republicans.

• Thumb down 2

The email was filed late last year in Harris County district court as part of a lawsuit that accused Woodfill and others of concealing decades of alleged rape by Pressler. It sheds new light on the role that Woodfill, a prominent anti-LGBTQ+ activist who is running in the Texas House with the backing of Attorney General Ken Paxton, played in providing Pressler with access to potential victims. 

In March, The Texas Tribune reported that Woodfill had recently testified under oath that he was made aware of child sexual abuse claims against Pressler in 2004, when the two of them were law partners. Despite that, Woodfill continued to lean on the political connections of Pressler — who did almost no work for their firm but was compensated via a string of young, male personal assistants who worked out of his home. Three have accused Pressler of sexual assault or misconduct. 

The newly-unearthed email shows that Woodfill continued to furnish Pressler with young aides until at least 2017 — 13 years after he was first warned that Pressler was a sexual predator, and less than a year after he was made aware of new sexual misconduct allegations.

https://www.texastribune.org/2024/01/23/jared-woodfill-paul-pressler-southern-baptist-state-legislature/

• Thumb down 1

6 hours ago, Fergasun said:

This thread is coming up on 7 years old.

I think "slow motion crack-up over MAGA and Trump" may be the correct answer? I guess we will see in November.

What a trip. I file the trump era under "you still have big stuffs to learn about big stuffs"...when it comes to humans...never underestimate the human ability to descend ever lower into the muck and mire

For all I thought I knew, I was sure off about how many meatsack level humanoids populated the Republican demographic...

I don't know if maga shouldn't be considered a terminally toxic extreme mutation of that herd

And seven years later it's only worse in its ugly severity if not in its spread...

Dems got a **** ton of shortcomings to work on in their own demographic but at this point it is like comparing having all the symptoms of a bad cold to having a combination of herpes, gonorrhea, syphilis, and every axis two diagnosis in the current edition of the dsmv.

• Sad 1
  • Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

34 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Fwiw I'd imagine it's how he thinks most almost octogenarian rich Floridians look. 

He's probably about half right.  At least in South Florida.