Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Sewer That Is The GOP: With All The White Supremacists, Conspiracy Nutters, And Other Malicious Whacko Subgroups, How Does It Get Fixed?

Jumbo

The Orange Turd Network can't even be truthful about the code the site is using.

Trump's TRUTH Social may be sued over apparent breach of open-source software terms

Former President Donald Trump's new social network appears to have lifted code without attribution to Mastodon, and the open-source social network software company may be gearing up to sue.

Mastodon founder Eugen Rochko said screenshots of the TRUTH social app's open-source code, shared after a series of trolls and hackers gained access to the platform before its November 2021 release date, revealed an apparent violation of the company's requirement that customers share the code and copies of the general product license to users. Rochko indicated Mastodon may sue over the alleged breach.

"I do intend to seek legal counsel on the situation, though," he told Talking Points Memo Thursday. "Compliance with our AGPLv3 license is very important to me, as that is the sole basis upon which I and other developers are willing to give away years of work for free."

https://news.yahoo.com/trumps-truth-social-may-sued-192100382.html

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, EmirOfShmo said:

The Orange Turd Network can't even be truthful about the code the site is using.

Trump's TRUTH Social may be sued over apparent breach of open-source software terms

Former President Donald Trump's new social network appears to have lifted code without attribution to Mastodon, and the open-source social network software company may be gearing up to sue.

Mastodon founder Eugen Rochko said screenshots of the TRUTH social app's open-source code, shared after a series of trolls and hackers gained access to the platform before its November 2021 release date, revealed an apparent violation of the company's requirement that customers share the code and copies of the general product license to users. Rochko indicated Mastodon may sue over the alleged breach.

"I do intend to seek legal counsel on the situation, though," he told Talking Points Memo Thursday. "Compliance with our AGPLv3 license is very important to me, as that is the sole basis upon which I and other developers are willing to give away years of work for free."

https://news.yahoo.com/trumps-truth-social-may-sued-192100382.html

STOP THE STEAL !!!!

• Haha 6

'Makes me want to throw up': Trump 'Truth' network investor is out now that he knows it's a 'fake news business'

https://www.rawstory.com/donald-trump-truth-social-media/

The launch of Donald Trump's new social media company "TRUTH Social" has hit another bump in the road as some early key investors are pulling out after discovering he is one of the principals behind it which they were unaware of at the time they put money into the start-up.

As the New York Times reported, "The details of Mr. Trump's latest partnership were vague. The statement he issued was reminiscent of the kind of claims he made about his business dealings in New York as a real estate developer. It was replete with high-dollar amounts and superlatives that could not be verified."

According to a report from the Huff Post's Ed Mazza, one hedge fund manager lashed out when he found out about Trump's involvement.

As Mazza reports, "[Boaz] Weinstein's Saba Capital had been a major investor in Digital World, a special purpose acquisition company (SPAC) formed for the purpose of acquiring another company. As is common in SPAC arrangements, investors put their cash in before the acquisition target was chosen. When Weinstein learned it would be with Trump's firm, he bailed."

"I knew that for Saba the right thing was to sell our entire stake of unrestricted shares, which we have now done. Many investors are grappling with hard questions about how to incorporate their values into their work. For us, this was not a close call," he explained.

• Like 1

Covid 19 coronavirus: Conservative host Candace Owens calls for US to invade Australia to free people from 'tyranny'

A conservative US commentator has suggested America should "invade" to liberate Australians from "tyrannical" Covid-19 restrictions, likening the country to the early stages of a dictatorship under Hitler or Stalin.

Daily Wire host Candace Owens made the provocative comments in her Tuesday show, saying that her husband has family members in Australia, one of whom recently shared that "the mental state of everyone around her was in steep decline".

"She shared with him a message that she had received from a friend of hers, a woman who lives in Queensland, and the message is genuinely shocking," Owens said.

"I was shocked reading this message and I decided that for this episode I'm just going to read it for verbatim. It's a list of the Covid rules that Australian citizens are being made to follow. As I read this I want you to close your eyes and imagine that this was your life, and what your mental state would be like if you were being made to abide by these rules."

Owens then read off a long list of Covid-19 restrictions that have been in place at various times during the pandemic, including household visitor limits, funeral caps, QR code check-ins "literally everywhere, including toilets", curfews and travel restrictions.

Click on the link for the full article

• Haha 3

On 10/20/2021 at 11:45 AM, The Evil Genius said:

giphy.webp

On 10/20/2021 at 1:14 PM, China said:

Must suck to live in such fear that you don't feel safe enough to go anywhere (including to take a Christmas photo) without a gun.  

But, I guess celebrating Jesus' birthday is all about the guns.  I mean how else to you get Peace on Earth?

il_fullxfull.1367159137_8xbv.jpg

Because Jesus and christianity is all about combat...

Group says it will train Christians in ‘hand-to-hand combat’ at SW Missouri event

A group that says its mission is “to halt and push back the forces of darkness” is holding a tactical event in southwest Missouri this weekend to train Christians in “hand-to-hand combat” and “fighting from your vehicle.” Called the Missouri Embattled Warriors Event, the gathering is reminiscent of the militia exercises and preparedness training that spread across the country in the 1990s. It is scheduled to run from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. Saturday on wooded property along Highway Mm in Newton County between Neosho and Joplin. “We’re a group of Christian men and women that go out and will stand against unrighteousness,” said Kevin VanStory, a real estate broker from Neosho and a leader of the Salt and Light Brigade MAKO edition, which includes Missouri, Arkansas, Kansas and Oklahoma.

“The group is trying to hide far-right paramilitary training behind a friendly facade,” said Devin Burghart, executive director of the Institute for Research and Education on Human Rights. “Whatever the label, the group traffics in racist scaremongering to draw people into paramilitary activity. Whether or not they call it a militia, everyone should be concerned about a far-right paramilitary group like this coming to Missouri.”

• Thumb down 1

On 10/21/2021 at 5:01 PM, Cooked Crack said:

Would love to point out that keeping the details the same, this is the stuff we would shake our heads at if it came out of some African nation. 

On 10/22/2021 at 1:00 PM, China said:

Because Jesus and christianity is all about combat...

Group says it will train Christians in ‘hand-to-hand combat’ at SW Missouri event

A group that says its mission is “to halt and push back the forces of darkness” is holding a tactical event in southwest Missouri this weekend to train Christians in “hand-to-hand combat” and “fighting from your vehicle.” Called the Missouri Embattled Warriors Event, the gathering is reminiscent of the militia exercises and preparedness training that spread across the country in the 1990s. It is scheduled to run from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. Saturday on wooded property along Highway Mm in Newton County between Neosho and Joplin. “We’re a group of Christian men and women that go out and will stand against unrighteousness,” said Kevin VanStory, a real estate broker from Neosho and a leader of the Salt and Light Brigade MAKO edition, which includes Missouri, Arkansas, Kansas and Oklahoma.

“The group is trying to hide far-right paramilitary training behind a friendly facade,” said Devin Burghart, executive director of the Institute for Research and Education on Human Rights. “Whatever the label, the group traffics in racist scaremongering to draw people into paramilitary activity. Whether or not they call it a militia, everyone should be concerned about a far-right paramilitary group like this coming to Missouri.”

I know people here who have told me that the right to own a gun is divinely granted right.  Not sure where that is in the Bible.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Elessar78 said:

I know people here who have told me that the right to own a gun is divinely granted right.  Not sure where that is in the Bible.

You really need to study the bible more.

2 Muricans 3-6

"Blessed is the AR-15 owner. May his ammunition floweth as free as his Coors Light. May he follow the true path of glory, for unto God he is the tip of the sword against the frightening dark hordes. Biden sucks."

• Like 1
  • Haha 2