Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How do you feel about the Receiving corps?

Vanguard

29 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Hes quick, not fast. Hes bad ass short and middle,  but hes not winning every foot race. 

Pryor is a Randy Moss clone. Deceptive long striding deep speed. He just happens to be enormous. 

Truth is, I don't know much about Pryor's game as a Pro - so I'll not comment on it (by all accounts, I hear very good things).

As for J Crowder, I get visions of him tormenting Defenses' 3rd Corner in the Slot.  I view him as having maximum effectiveness if the majority of his snaps come from the Slot.  It is in that vein that I would like to see him take the occasional route deep.  

You do not believe that's feasible @Koolblue13?

51 minutes ago, Diehard Otis said:

Truth is, I don't know much about Pryor's game as a Pro - so I'll not comment on it (by all accounts, I hear very good things).

As for J Crowder, I get visions of him tormenting Defenses' 3rd Corner in the Slot.  I view him as having maximum effectiveness if the majority of his snaps come from the Slot.  It is in that vein that I would like to see him take the occasional route deep.  

Its feesable sure. Just not the strength of his game.

1 hour ago, Diehard Otis said:

Pryor has absolutely elite speed, and is huge to go along with it. Running a 4.4 and being 6'5 is just rediculous. He is raw, but coming off what he did in Cleveland and that QB mess says a lot, and it looks to be working his ass off to be the best he can be. I'm not worried about him. Doctson would be my concern. I hope he stays healthy and works his way to be the #2 guy on the outside.

Crowder is great, but as KB said, he's more quick than fast. He get seperation on running great routes, ala Steve Largent.

2 hours ago, Morneblade said:

Pryor has absolutely elite speed, and is huge to go along with it. Running a 4.4 and being 6'5 is just rediculous. He is raw, but coming off what he did in Cleveland and that QB mess says a lot, and it looks to be working his ass off to be the best he can be. I'm not worried about him. Doctson would be my concern. I hope he stays healthy and works his way to be the #2 guy on the outside.

Crowder is great, but as KB said, he's more quick than fast. He get seperation on running great routes, ala Steve Largent.

I think the plan is for Jamo to be the WR2, but when there's 3 WRs, he goes to the slot.

48 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

I think the plan is for Jamo to be the WR2, but when there's 3 WRs, he goes to the slot.

If Doctson is not up to speed, I'm good with that. Crowder might be a tougher matchup on bigger CB's with his quickness, assuming he can get past physical press coverage.

3 hours ago, Morneblade said:

If Doctson is not up to speed, I'm good with that. Crowder might be a tougher matchup on bigger CB's with his quickness, assuming he can get past physical press coverage.

If Doctson isn't ready, then he should be shown the door. He has a ton to prove this year, and the 'I'm injured' excuses are all old, unless he can come up with something new, like maybe he could have a nerve twitch in his left index finger or something. I'm not putting a shred of faith in this guy, I just don't think he wants to play. IMO he wanted a nice paycheck that he can drum up by talking a big game, then sit back and relax. With Pryor here, Doctson knows if Pryor plays at least pretty good, he has no chance of being THE guy, because the talk and focus will be on Pryor, so he will half-ass it until the FO makes a move with him.

3 minutes ago, skins island connection said:

If Doctson isn't ready, then he should be shown the door. He has a ton to prove this year, and the 'I'm injured' excuses are all old, unless he can come up with something new, like maybe he could have a nerve twitch in his left index finger or something. I'm not putting a shred of faith in this guy, I just don't think he wants to play. IMO he wanted a nice paycheck that he can drum up by talking a big game, then sit back and relax. With Pryor here, Doctson knows if Pryor plays at least pretty good, he has no chance of being THE guy, because the talk and focus will be on Pryor, so he will half-ass it until the FO makes a move with him.

This is silly.

5 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

No, not at all. He had a lingering injury last year, so some people made up conspiracies about it. Ignore that crap.

I'm familiar with the injury.  But with an entire Offseason, I took it for granted that he'd be at full strength & ready to roll at Bon Secours on schedule.

5 hours ago, skins island connection said:

5 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

This is silly.

It's worse than silly, it's downright stupid.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎7‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 2:29 PM, Morneblade said:

Great points.

I see Crowder killing it in the slot this season.  And I have a good feeling about Doctson.  But he still does have a lot to prove.

On 7/16/2017 at 7:22 PM, Koolblue13 said:

No, not at all. He had a lingering injury last year, so some people made up conspiracies about it. Ignore that crap.

Some here said the exact same thing about Jordan Reed in the 2015 offseason...that he was a malcontent who half-assed it in the offseason and was soft because he was "always injured", and he would most likely play great one year to get his big payday and then go right back to half-assing it because he didn't really care about football...

5 hours ago, Califan007 said:

Some here said the exact same thing about Jordan Reed in the 2015 offseason...that he was a malcontent who half-assed it in the offseason and was soft because he was "always injured", and he would most likely play great one year to get his big payday and then go right back to half-assing it because he didn't really care about football...

I don't remember the "half assing" stuff, but he has only had one year not riddled with injury. His contract year.

The stuff with Doctson faking injury, because he was home sick is a lot more ridiculous than saying a young guy doesn't know or care enough how to not play through injury. Reed definitely had some growing up to do though. 

I am a bit torn on moving Crowder to the outside. Yes, he deserves a chance at a bigger role, to push the limits and find his ceiling - hopefully Steve Largent grade greatness.  Let's maximize his game.... but how far is it wise to push.

How does he grade in run blocking? If he is now out on all first downs, it is a new factor that I haven't seen discussed.  I assume he is better than DJax, but that is also not saying much. Listed at 5'9 177 ...  I think he is even smaller than DeSean. I think he has added poundage but even a guy 185 traditionally is not an all down player nor strong run blocker.

He has done great in the slot and I fine with him there IF we have production at WR2. If it ain't broke don't fix it type thinking.  Another factor, we now have Josh Doctson. 1st rounders should start otherwise you are not really maximizing your investment. Stat wise Crowder did great lined up wide, but ?s - were we able to run the ball out of traditional run situations when he was out there; were we in 2 minute drills with the D rather preventy ©, and will he be as effective as an all down player. 

I predict he and Josh will eventually be rotating series'z out at Z. Which may speak to more about Josh, than anything negative about Crowder.

1 hour ago, Koolblue13 said:

I don't remember the "half assing" stuff, but he has only had one year not riddled with injury. His contract year.

I do lol...he was a malcontent (or had an "attitude problem")...someone came into the thread where this was being said and basically said "Wait...Reed has an attitude problem and doesn't really like football? Where did this come from?"...I responded by saying it's because he's injured again and so now some are saying he's milking small injuries due to not really liking football and will only ball-out for one year, his contract year. After that, he will go back to half-assing it.

By the way, 2015 wasn't his contract year...2016 was. Or would have been if the Skins weren't pro-active and re-signed Reed before he actually entered his contract year.

1 hour ago, Califan007 said:

I do lol...he was a malcontent (or had an "attitude problem")...someone came into the thread where this was being said and basically said "Wait...Reed has an attitude problem and doesn't really like football? Where did this come from?"...I responded by saying it's because he's injured again and so now some are saying he's milking small injuries due to not really liking football and will only ball-out for one year, his contract year. After that, he will go back to half-assing it.

By the way, 2015 wasn't his contract year...2016 was. Or would have been if the Skins weren't pro-active and re-signed Reed before he actually entered his contract year.

That's funny. I never heard that. Sounds more like Fred Davis.

I do think he's soft and picks and chooses when to play through injuries. I think it has more to do with the teams W/L record though.

Maybe I should have said "the year he signed his contract".

I'm good with it, and potentially thrilled.

Pryor looks for all the world like a stud ready to break out. His work ethic and determination is unmatched, and I'd bet on him. IF he pans out the way I think, he is going to have a monster year and plant himself right up near the top of 2017 receivers.  I hope he has retained his speed,, man, when he played QB at Ohio State, he looked like he was running half speed and gliding by defenders.  Given his offseason prep, i think his speed will be fine.

If Doctson can stay healthy, he could be an excellent compliment, and i'm reading nothing but positive out of camp so far,, he gets good separation, makes good plays with his hands. Both he and pryor are physically huge, strong and powerful. I think both he and Pryor on the field along along with Crowder and reed is enough to give ANY defense fits.

Quick,, i have heard nothing. I hope that doesn't mean he's forgettable, but i haven't been much impressed with him in his career so far, and I'm not sure what role he will play.. we have some depth already. He can push Grant and the rest for 2 targets per game. If he can manage to run a route without falling down in a critical juncture of the game, he's better than Grant.

Crowder is a beast in the slot, gets great separation, and has very soft hands. I have read they want him to work more outside, but i believe in the 'if it ain't broke' philosophy, and in the slot he's been deadly.

Reed is Reed, and so long as he's healthy, he's one of the best TE in the game. Davis had a nice comeback last year and should continue this, and when Reed needs  a breather, there's not much missing when davis comes in.

All of this should back teams off the line of scrimmage, and I fully expect the running game to benefit.

Very excited.

~Bang

Archived