Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 MLB Thread

Riggo#44

Machado is clearly in the wrong and did this intentionally. Having said that, why did the first baseman stay on the bag. He had no intention of moving nor was he just about to. He just freezes. I’ve never see a first baseman not move off the bag right away. His foot is covering half the bag.

2 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

****ing genius what Counsell did with the starter today. We'll see if the bluff pays off. 

Back luck for Woodruff in the 6th. Gets weak contact for a DP except the Brewers were in a shift.

2 hours ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

They need to outlaw players adjusting their batting gloves after every pitch. Probably cut out 45 minutes per game.

Agreed. The Velcro is fine. You didn’t even swing. Once they step in the box, they get one time to back out for coaching tips. That’s it. Speed this **** up 

People ruin everything. Needs to be a gap between the first row and the fence in every ballpark.

I think Betts catches that without the fans there, but I don't think they reached over the fence. So by the rules that isn't interference, but they did interfere.

Again, Wall / Gap / 1st row solves all that.

9 hours ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

They need to outlaw players adjusting their batting gloves after every pitch. Probably cut out 45 minutes per game.

I would add stepping off the mound as well.  And while they've limited manager visits to the mound, six per game still seems excessive, because it doesn't include pitching changes.   Speaking of pitching changes, I favor the pitcher has to face at least three batters, or end the inning.   Barring injury of course.  But if they have to leave due to injury, minimum 10 day DL for regular season, maybe 2 games for the postseason.  That will prevent teams from abusing the rule.

5 hours ago, DCSaints_fan said:

I would add stepping off the mound as well.  And while they've limited manager visits to the mound, six per game still seems excessive, because it doesn't include pitching changes.   Speaking of pitching changes, I favor the pitcher has to face at least three batters, or end the inning.   Barring injury of course.  But if they have to leave due to injury, minimum 10 day DL for regular season, maybe 2 games for the postseason.  That will prevent teams from abusing the rule.

Or fix the real problems: Replay and the Umpire's Union. I am not a fan of the 67 pitching changes per inning, but Joe West, Angel Hernandez, CB Bucknor, Hunter Wendlestedt, Mark Hirschbeck, Marvin Hudson, Jerry Layne, Vic Carrapazza, Laz Diaz et al are a much bigger problem. Replay takes far too long, and they still get the call wrong. Joe West looks for reasons to be right than get the call right.

9 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Not exactly current, but still baseball related and I liked it.  If you've ever seen little kids try to work the museum exhibits in Air and Space museum, you know what I'm talking about.

I've been to easily over 100 baseball games over the years.  I've never caught a foul ball.  Or really come close to catching one.  

In the event that I do catch a foul ball sometime, I hope there's not a kid within 50 yards of me.  

41 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I've been to easily over 100 baseball games over the years.  I've never caught a foul ball.  Or really come close to catching one.  

In the event that I do catch a foul ball sometime, I hope there's not a kid within 50 yards of me.  

So, I was at the Nats' penultimate game in 2014. The game right before Jordan Zimmermann No-no. My 2 year old daughter is sitting in a vacant seat for most of the game until the 6th inning. Drunken moron shows up, takes the seat, then asks who is pitching--Strasburg was throwing a gem. 2 pitches later, foul ball hits the facing of the section behind us, and drops into moron's lap. People are telling him to give it to my daughter. He says to me "Hey I caught a ball, I just saved your daughters life!" Takes the ball and goes back to the bar. He sat there for an AB, caught a ball, and left. I still hate him.

1 minute ago, Riggo#44 said:

So, I was at the Nats' penultimate game in 2014. The game right before Jordan Zimmermann No-no. My 2 year old daughter is sitting in a vacant seat for most of the game until the 6th inning. Drunken moron shows up, takes the seat, then asks who is pitching--Strasburg was throwing a gem. 2 pitches later, foul ball hits the facing of the section behind us, and drops into moron's lap. People are telling him to give it to my daughter. He says to me "Hey I caught a ball, I just saved your daughters life!" Takes the ball and goes back to the bar. He sat there for an AB, caught a ball, and left. I still hate him.

I hate him, too.  You gotta give it to the kid, that's rule #1 of catching a ball.

My parents took me to a game at Camden Yards for a birthday...it had to be when I was turning 11 or 12.  We were about 20 feet past first base and about 10 rows back, they were good seats.  They did the cheesy stuff where some people from the Orioles come around and sing happy birthday, basically embarrassing the **** out of me.  Anyway, between innings the 1st base umpire comes over to the fence and says, "C'mere, son," very sternly.  I walked down there, he gave me a ball.  Can't remember which umpire it was.  Cool story and a great memory but I still want the thrill of catching a ball.

Archived