Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Press Release: STATEMENT BY AN NFL SPOKESPERSON:

TK

STATEMENT BY AN NFL SPOKESPERSON:

Trent Murphy of the Washington Redskins has been suspended without pay for the first four games of the 2017 regular season for violating the NFL policy on performance enhancing substances. 

Murphy is eligible to participate in all offseason and preseason practices and games.

7 minutes ago, Butters20 said:

While you're at it, cut Trent Williams. 

We gots a trent problem 

Good teams make tough decisions. Sure, you don't want to lose good players, but the change in culture needs to start somewhere.

1 hour ago, Butters20 said:

If they cut Murphy and not williams, then they are simply hypocrites. 

Are they? Trent Williams is quite possibly the best LT in the game. Trent murphy is not that.  You keep the players that help you win. You cut ties when yhe negatives outweigh the positives.  Smoking weed wasn't helping trent W.perform better (unless you go the pain relief argument route which I'm not) but Trent Murphy very well may have seen his bump in production related to P.E.D. use. Very different.

2 minutes ago, XxSpearheadxX said:

Are they? Trent Williams is quite possibly the best LT in the game. Trent murphy is not that.  You keep the players that help you win. You cut ties when yhe negatives outweigh the positives.  Smoking weed wasn't helping trent W.perform better (unless you go the pain relief argument route which I'm not) but Trent Murphy very well may have seen his bump in production related to P.E.D. use. Very different.

Yes. They would be complete hypocrites. 

You are using a players ability to validate the violation of a principle 

But hypocrites with a desire to win. 

Saying your team has a policy but then only applying it to certain team members is hypocrisy in the name of winning ball games. And that, folks, is today's NFL. 

29 minutes ago, RVAskins said:

Seriously? Over react much? SMH

Who is he helping being suspended? 

41 minutes ago, skinsfan35yrs. said:

what do you really think that would send a message? Another team will pick him/them up, so message lost

Let them. He's not exactly JJ Watt.

5 hours ago, XxSpearheadxX said:

Smoking weed wasn't helping trent W.perform better (unless you go the pain relief argument route which I'm not) but Trent Murphy very well may have seen his bump in production related to P.E.D. use. Very different.

Yeah, that argument makes Murphy look better.  He was trying to help his team, but Williams was selfishly getting high.

They should just let these guys put hgh in the Gatorade cooler.

6 hours ago, DM72 said:

Like they say, the best ability is availability. You're not helping the team missing 4 games. 

Nobody says that and just because it rhymes doesn't make it true.

Heck, I'm available. I have no ability.

9 hours ago, XxSpearheadxX said:

Not different at all. Very much the same.Both instances involve the use of a banned aubstance.

Rules are rules and Williams is a repeat offender we are fortunate that in Murphys case it did not happen in the middle of a season and we have some time to prepare.

6 hours ago, Dan T. said:

Trent Murphy was touted out of college as the guy with all that natural "country" strength, right? Riiiiight...

So you figure he's been juicing his entire career, not just during the season they asked him to quickly bulk up to 290, then quickly lose all that and get faster again?

Archived