Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Call Bruce Allen's Office. Let Him Know How You Feel. SERIOUSLY IT WORKS

nkoucheki

You know what will happen, don't you?...He'll get death threats.

Then the whole "Call Allen and Tell Him How You Feel" thing will implode because of it.

And while in theory the "Don't show up to games" plan would work to a degree, it would only work if there was a game this Sunday. By the time September rolls around everyone's ire will have fizzled to a point that "protesting" will not register on their To-Do list.

2 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

You know what will happen, don't you?...He'll get death threats.

Then the whole "Call Allen and Tell Him How You Feel" thing will implode because of it.

And while in theory the "Don't show up to games" plan would work to a degree, it would only work if there was a game this Sunday. By the time September rolls around everyone's ire will have fizzled to a point that "protesting" will not register on their To-Do list.

The "whole thing" is... this post... on this message board. If all that comes crashing down. Well nothing happens

11 minutes ago, nkoucheki said:

The "whole thing" is... this post... on this message board. If all that comes crashing down. Well nothing happens

Except maybe the pendulum starts swinging the other way for a bit...best way to make people sympathetic to Allen for awhile is to have the storyline of the day be "Overzealous fans threaten Redskins President's Life Over Firing".

Just depends on what the goal is here. If it's just to vent directly to one of Allen's many voicemails, then there ya go. If there's some sort of hope of "change" resulting...well...

Just now, Califan007 said:

Except maybe the pendulum starts swinging the other way for a bit...best way to make people sympathetic to Allen for awhile is to have the storyline of the day be "Overzealous fans threaten Redskins President's Life Over Firing".

Just depends on what the goal is here. If it's just to vent directly to one of Allen's many voicemails, then there ya go. If there's some sort of hope of "change" resulting...well...

Dude I can't control what the heck people say. Billions of people every day have access to the contact information of someone they don't like and guess what? Society thrives. As I have said, time and time again, thousands of people are angrily contacting the Redskins to voice their displeasure. Why play their game and direct it at a poor sucker who sells season tickets? Talk to the person you're actually upset with. Do you have a goal? 

7 minutes ago, nkoucheki said:

Dude I can't control what the heck people say. Billions of people every day have access to the contact information of someone they don't like and guess what? Society thrives. As I have said, time and time again, thousands of people are angrily contacting the Redskins to voice their displeasure. Why play their game and direct it at a poor sucker who sells season tickets? Talk to the person you're actually upset with. Do you have a goal? 

So it is just to vent. Gotcha.

1 minute ago, Califan007 said:

So it is just to vent. Gotcha.

Heck Yeah! And it felt awesome. Did you not see all the posts about trying to spread some joy in a dark time? 

We know damn well they're not ACTUALLY going to listen to us, they haven't listened to us in my 24 years alive. Might as well take what we can get and see what happens. 

7 hours ago, nkoucheki said:

Heck Yeah! And it felt awesome. Did you not see all the posts about trying to spread some joy in a dark time? 

We know damn well they're not ACTUALLY going to listen to us, they haven't listened to us in my 24 years alive. Might as well take what we can get and see what happens. 

I can't resist beating this point to death :ols:  but coming from a guy whose job once was to be on the receiving line of calls like this for a public figure -- it can make a difference if there is volume behind it -- many calls, many letters.   But in my view there needs to be a consistent angle.  Sign Kirk, please get out of the way of your personnel guy or whatever point floats your boat.

But I don't buy the idea that it has no impact.  And even if it doesn't work -- what do you have to lose?  I follow Califan's point but I think its far fetched to worry about you being associated to death threats -- that's outlandish.  I wouldn't fear making your point heard based on wild what if scenarios.  But that's me. :)

12 minutes ago, Bang said:

Stop signing reasonably priced deals with targeted free agents to fill positions of need!

I demand you be distracted at the most critical portion of the front office's year!

~Dang

You think some voicemails would distract Bruce? :)  I doubt he's even personally pulls his own messages.   I like the FA haul but only if they sign another impact D lineman and I think they will (hopefully Logan) -- considering right now IMO the D line is actually worse than it was than the start of FA.  

To me still the bottom line is if Colt McCoy is the starter next year, I am not going to give a rats behind that he can throw the ball to T. Pryor.   To me if they don't resign Kirk the off season is a disaster.  If they sign Kirk along with the FAs they sign its a great off season.  To me its a wild pendulum driven by what they do with Kirk. 

There are still ten picks to work with and a whole spring to go. if we stay with our current trend, Logan will be signed before nightfall. Obviously Bruce or whoever is making the proper overtures to those we've targeted.

and yes, Kirk must be signed to an LTD, or it wont' matter who was at fault for what.

~Bang

10 minutes ago, Bang said:

and yes, Kirk must be signed to an LTD, or it wont' matter who was at fault for what.

~Bang

why would you want someone that requested a trade. he does not want to be here. the skins have no leverage. oh boo hoo. I had to sign a 23mil one year deal.

29 minutes ago, Bang said:

Stop signing reasonably priced deals with targeted free agents to fill positions of need!

I demand you be distracted at the most critical portion of the front office's year!

~Dang

My name's Kirk not Kurt! K-I-R-K (slams phone down)

Three hours later. Allen asks if there were any messages. His assistant shrugs and says, "I think Kirk Warner wants to get back into football."

Just now, Burgold said:

Three hours later. Allen asks if there were any messages. His assistant shrugs and says, "I think Kirk Warner wants to get back into football."

Good point if anyone is leaving voicemails for Bruce and refers to Cousins.  Please say Kurt not Kirk.  Bruce clearly knows him as Kurt -- so say Kurt or Cousins or Kurt Cousins if you just say Kirk Bruce will have no idea who they heck you are talking about.

I disagree with this effort. 

Like it it or not, Bruce is now the de facto GM. Which means his business phone and answering machine should be left open for free agent business matters only. 

The Redskins are also a private business, not a government entity. A "pro" football teams' president isn't comparable to your congressman. 

I have no no doubt the team is aware of the vitriol. But whether or not they do anything about it remains to be seen. 

We chose to support this mess, we chose to pay for tix and merchandise in the past.

This team doesn't owe us dick. 

52 minutes ago, SBboundbaby said:

why would you want someone that requested a trade. he does not want to be here. the skins have no leverage. oh boo hoo. I had to sign a 23mil one year deal.

Because he can play quarterback.

Quite well. This trumps all, in my opinion. It is the single most crucial position in pro sports.  You don't unload him because he's mopey. 

Nothing we've seen out of him could lead anyone to believe that he'd do anything but play his best even if he didn't want to be here.  A good fat deal that he's earned means he can stay in and count money on the days he feels like he isn't loved.

it's business, and in business, loyalty is bought.

~Bang

51 minutes ago, Boss_Hogg said:

I disagree with this effort. 

Like it it or not, Bruce is now the de facto GM. Which means his business phone and answering machine should be left open for free agent business matters only. 

The Redskins are also a private business, not a government entity. A "pro" football teams' president isn't comparable to your congressman. 

The team doesn't owe us is irrelvant to the point IMO.  If you are a paying client especially of a sports team which is a year after year expense -- that business should care about what their clients think.  Are they beholden to them?  Of course not.  That's a different subject.  But if their client base is upset I don't think they shrug it off as meaningless.   I own my own business -- clients can't tell me what to do -- but if they are unhappy with me then heck yeah it would bother me and I'd pay attention. 

We saw just that years back where there was outcry about Jim Fassel being the likely the next head coach and as a consequence that was tabled.  Vinny Cerrato flat out said on the radio last night that public outcry/negative PR cost him his job and if it intensifies it might cost Bruce his.   Pressure from a customer base can indeed have an impact.

If your point is we have no right to complain -- to each their own but I disagree. If someone is willing to go on tripadvisor to plug or complain about a hotel that they only stayed at once.  We IMO have the right to complain about a business that many of us have spent thousands of dollars on year in and year out.  The Redskins aren't obligated to listen but we IMO have a right to say whatever we think and they can take or leave it.

As for people here being protective of Bruce's phone line.  And this is coming from someone who hasn't called him. If the calls are going straight to his voicemail as people here are saying, I really doubt Bruce is held up in his office taking phone calls -- let alone how many calls has this thread generated maybe 10?  :)

if hundreds of calls are cranking out and Bruce is hopeless while FA's are trying to reach him on his phone but his line is busy, then I'm with you but that seems wildly far fetched. :)  Landlines are often formalities these days -- if you want to get an important business call cooking, its usually to that person's cell phone.

14 hours ago, tshile said:

The owners aren't that short sighted.

It's like believing the NBA doesn't care about the Lakers sucking, and subsequently don't exercise influence about it.

You want change? Direct your campaign at the NFL. They're paying more attention than you think.

Agreed. Danny alone isn't the key. You've got to convince the cabal that he's decreasing the value of their collective brand. I was thinking about this the other day and the idea of sending Skins swag to the NFL with a blurb about Snyder's pathetic ownership might be one way of making the point. If enough people do it and the media are aware of the campaign, at some point pics/vids of the mountain of packages being received would almost invariably go viral.

1 hour ago, Burgold said:

:rofl89::rofl89::rofl89:

Honestly guys, you realize that BA isn't answering his own phone or checking his own VMs, right. All you're doing with this is making some poor assistant's life difficult. S/he may even be instructed to just cull the actual business VMs without even telling him how many of your messages there were.

My message would say 

"Bruce, hi. I hate you. I think. At least that's what I think I'm supposed to say. It sounds like some other people might hate you so I should probably hate you too. The handling of our former GM

seems odd-- not real smooth there Bruce. But I also kind of like the moves we've made so far this offseason. I think the roster is actually getting a little better. But I still hate you. I think. Thanks. Have a great day."

1 minute ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I actually hope you all do stop buying stuff.  Supply will go up which means prices will go down.  And I need a new hat.

You all are hilarious.  You act like this time is the worst ever.  Anyone remeber the Zorn era?

Without question, what a swinging gate circus. That was the "Mother of all eras."

21 minutes ago, kleese said:

My message would say 

"Bruce, hi. I hate you. I think. At least that's what I think I'm supposed to say. It sounds like some other people might hate you so I should probably hate you too. The handling of our former GM

seems odd-- not real smooth there Bruce. But I also kind of like the moves we've made so far this offseason. I think the roster is actually getting a little better. But I still hate you. I think. Thanks. Have a great day."

"And if you have a good draft, we will play with your wee wee again"

This is just crazy!

1 hour ago, kleese said:

My message would say 

:ols:

Archived