Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moose & Squirrel v Boris & Natasha: what's the deal with the rooskies and trumpland?

Jumbo

To the House of Representatives...

There's absolutely ZERO doubt that the republican senate will shoot down a conviction, just like the democratic senate shot down a conviction for Bill Clinton. That shouldn't matter. The very least the House should do is make sure this guy goes down in history as an impeached president. The impeachment happens in the House and is irreversible. Whether or not he is forced to leave office will never be up to the House so never mind the ultimate outcome. DO YOUR JOB and smudge this man's legacy. He's certainly doing his best to smudge yours and he'll definitely try his damnedest to whitewash his crimes.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

20 minutes ago, youngestson said:

One thing shown in stark glaring daylight by Mueller's Congressional appearance is the fact that most Americans don't read and are poorly informed. 

Donald Trump, to his credit, knows this as well as anybody. And the weasel plays it to his advantage.  He shovels the bull**** and people gobble it up while we stand back in horror.

13 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

To me, this is going about it all wrong.  Do what is right instead of looking for cover.  If "less informed citizenry" choose to keep Trump after this for some dumb ass reason, then the country will get what it deserves.  Like I said earlier, if I wanted a party that looks for winning over doing what is right, I'd still be a Republican.  Dems need to be better than that.

Imagine if the Democrats had not regained control of the House.  Devin ****ing Nunes would still be Chairman of the House Intelligence Committee and the only available copy of the Mueller Report would be stored under the Yucca Mountain Nuclear Waste Repository.  So yeah, politics come into play.  It sucks, but that's our reality.

Edited by Dan T.
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

*reads Gun Control Thread and School Lunch hot takes*

*gets washed out to sea by hypocrisy tsunami*

Re: Gun Control, where I stand now is based on a "hope for the best, plan for the worst" position.  But I have before supported increased gun control to a level of what I think is right.

On the two topics as a whole, I have stood for what I think is right but what is right to you or me has more gray area.  To me, and I think a majority, agree that impeachment should begin.

Is there any way in here to start a poll on that without creating a new thread?

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

To me, and I think a majority, agree that impeachment should begin.

Is there any way in here to start a poll on that without creating a new thread?

I'm for impeachment, but I'll leave the timing up to Nancy Pelosi ... who, despite the videos circulated by Donald Trump, is still a pretty savvy political animal. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

I'm for impeachment, but I'll leave the timing up to Nancy Pelosi ... who, despite the videos circulated by Donald Trump, is still a pretty savvy political animal. 

They should be turning that **** on him. Questioning his health. His mental state. His weight. Don't need to edit videos. Just run them normal speed with a WTF is this guy talking about? Is he ill? Is anybody helping him? He is confused and seems angry/lost.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, youngestson said:

I think that's part of the issue. It's also likely House Dems want some political cover (as twa) mentioned, as well as there is no way the Senate will convict. That could come across as a loss to much of the less informed citizenry. One thing shown in stark glaring daylight by Mueller's Congressional appearance is the fact that most Americans don't read and are poorly informed. 

Huh? Nah you have these hearings and show the evidence that he committed crimes. The Senate Republicans won't remove him, but you get them on record showing they put party over the country. Thats what needs to be done.

The fact that most Americans aren't informed means you need to inform them. Thats what happened with Nixon. Americans didnt know anything and didn't care until the hearings happened and it became clear that he committed those crimes.

People thinking this is a political gamble is precisely what I mean by the old guard Dem leadership being cowards. Comparing this to Clinton lying about a blow job and getting popular afterward misses the point entirely. Especially since Republicans ended up winning the senate and keeping the house for another six years.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

They should be turning that **** on him. Questioning his health. His mental state. His weight. Don't need to edit videos. Just run them normal speed with a WTF is this guy talking about? Is he ill? Is anybody helping him? He is confused and seems angry/lost.

I think this has been done for 2+ years to no avail. It all goes back to his base. It's a cult. Like Donnie T said, he could stand up and shoot someone on 5th Avenue. He'd never lose a vote. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Chachie said:

I think this has been done for 2+ years to no avail. It all goes back to his base. It's a cult. Like Donnie T said, he could stand up and shoot someone on 5th Avenue. He'd never lose a vote. 

I don't think they'd really been doing it with true effort. Just people saying things. Nothing coordinated.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

Huh? Nah you have these hearings and show the evidence that he committed crimes. The Senate Republicans won't remove him, but you get them on record showing they put party over the country. Thats what needs to be done.

The fact that most Americans aren't informed means you need to inform them. Thats what happened with Nixon. Americans didnt know anything and didn't care until the hearings happened and it became clear that he committed those crimes.

People thinking this is a political gamble is precisely what I mean by the old guard Dem leadership being cowards. Comparing this to Clinton lying about a blow job and getting popular afterward misses the point entirely. Especially since Republicans ended up winning the senate and keeping the house for another six years.

I don't disagree with you. I'm just speculating on why House Dems are not actively following impeachment proceedings. 

2 hours ago, TryTheBeal! said:

The goal, for nearly all of us and by whatever means necessary, is to have a reasonable, intelligent individual in the White House in 2020.  If impeachment is determined to be the best path for that, so be it.  

But that may not be the case...

Just pointing out that we are now living in the results of a policy of "let's play this cool, he's going to lose anyway". 

Would Obama have made a different decision about the FBI investigation of Trump, if he'd known that the crook would win?  

How much different would the narrative be, today, if it had been revealed before the election that the Trump campaign staff knew about the Russian hack seven weeks before the FBI knew about it?  How much different if, when Trump is saying that  it might have been 400 lb guys in a basement, if we had known that Trump's campaign staff were bragging that Russia was helping them?

• Like 3

4 hours ago, No Excuses said:

... and by the time they get to it, they would have lost a good portion of the messaging battle. 

They've been losing this battle my entire life while the right has been steadily gaining. 

We're now at the point where the battle seems to be completely lost, the GOP won. 

Nothing in the rule prevented Mueller from reaching a conclusion obstruction occurred , he just could not indict or charge with a crime.

His statement on could not prove innocence probably broke a rule though.

What is lost on a lot of people is that the "die in the wool"  Trump supporters are the same 35% that are GOP ticket voters.  When Bush left office, it's the same 35% that felt he had done a great job.  Those people are not going to move on their Trump support because their support of Trump is only 1/2 the equation, the other half being their belief that Democrats are "Demoncrats" or whatever eeeeeeeeviiiiiiiiiilllll word play the flavor of the month happens to be.    The Dems need to stop worrying about trying to win them over, it ain't happening. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

On 5/30/2019 at 10:04 AM, youngestson said:

One thing shown in stark glaring daylight by Mueller's Congressional appearance is the fact that most Americans don't read and are poorly informed. 

Including, apparently Donald Trump:

Maggie Haberman: Trump Freaked Out at Mueller Comments Because He Never Read Special Counsel’s Report

Maggie Haberman, The New York Times’ White House correspondent, posited Friday morning that President Trump was especially angered this week by Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s press conference for one reason: He has never read the report.

“I think that when he hears Mueller say that on TV—again, him interpreting everything through this screen that is in front of him, I think that that had much more resonance than almost anything else that has happened,” Haberman added.  Haberman, who pointed to Trump’s obsession with TV news as a source for information, is hardly alone in her doubts that the president took the time to read the 448-page report on potential ties between Team Trump and Russian interference in the U.S. presidential election.

Haberman also noted that Trump likely read—and was comforted by—the four-page summary of Mueller’s report initially released by Attorney General Bill Barr and watched the press conference about it, in which Barr, according to Haberman, “used the president’s own language.”

"This was essentially the president’s PR language,” Haberman told Camerota. “I think that the president had felt pretty good about that. And then I think he saw Mueller in the box, and I think that spooked him.”

https://www.yahoo.com/news/maggie-haberman-trump-freaked-mueller-141531998.html

• Like 1