Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moose & Squirrel v Boris & Natasha: what's the deal with the rooskies and trumpland?

Jumbo

1 hour ago, LadySkinsFan said:

LaRouche, that group of loons. 

Remember when we could all point at them and say "Haha! Look at that group of loons?"

Yeaaaaaah... that **** they’re spouting right there. That's the position of the entire GOP and of the President of the United States.

Edited by Sacks 'n' Stuff
  • Sad 3

12 hours ago, LadySkinsFan said:

FB_IMG_1514053958521.jpg

Said it before

On 12/6/2017 at 9:42 AM, BenningRoadSkin said:

The lack of government funding on education, mixed with a rise in corporate funding which is causing the privatization of our public schools.

On 9/6/2017 at 10:57 PM, BenningRoadSkin said:

Education inequality and now purging of public money to private schools is something that needs to be addressed.

• Like 2

First Democrats then Republicans when the parties switched positions on civil rights have been trying to get tax money for private schools since Brown v. Board of Education decision in 1954. 

That's when whites started private schools so their precious children wouldn't have to mix with the colored. They thought because they couldn't deduct the cost of this segregated private education from their taxes was wrong! 

So it's taken 63 years but they did it! Yay! 

/sarcasmoff

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

Unreal that I, a a socially conscious black man, is supporting the FBI because the President feels the need to attack it.

An awful lot of us find ourselves rethinking our stances on so many things these days, it's probably a good thing in the long run but a damned bitter dose of medicine nonetheless.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, twa said:

school choice for poor folk is bad?

the rich always had it,even the colored folk

You’re so laughable. You think even if the poor could deduct $25,000 annually for a private school education that they’d be able to stroke the check?

Of course you don’t, and neither does the GOP, but it’s the lie you tell.

• Like 1

Just now, AsburySkinsFan said:

You’re so laughable. You think even if the poor could deduct $25,000 annually for a private school education that they’d be able to stroke the check?

Of course you don’t, and neither does the GOP, but it’s the lie you tell.

I don't limit myself to tax deduction and promote choice using the education dollars already in play.

but go ahead and laugh

Just now, twa said:

I don't limit myself to tax deduction and promote choice using the education dollars already in play.

but go ahead and laugh

You still didn’t answer the question, so let me pose it another way.

How does a poor family with parents working at Lowes, McDonalds during the day and serving at Applebees at night stroke a $25,000 check for private school?

This is an option only for the rich and we ALL know it. ANYTHING else is a lie.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

How does a poor family with parents working at Lowes, McDonalds during the day and serving at Applebees at night stroke a $25,000 check for private school?

C'mon, you know if they were concerned enough with their kids they would have gotten rich so they could have those choices, personal responsibility!!

• Haha 4

Just now, AsburySkinsFan said:

The rich and middle income will benefit.(mainly middle income since rich folk like Obama already use private schools)

You could allow education funds already being spent on the poor families kids  to be directed by them to enable choice.....but you won't

Just now, LD0506 said:

C'mon, you know if they were concerned enough with their kids they would have gotten rich so they could have those choices, personal responsibility!!

Do you support school choice for the poor?....I do

Couldn't those people consider moving to an area with better public schools?  I don't have kids so I don't look at that but I know from talking to other people that one thing they always look at when thinking about moving is the school system.  If people start moving out of an area, the area should consider fixing things to encourage people to move there.  I know that now that I am starting to look at post military life, I've been researching a lot of things about a lot of different states/areas.  And I will use that information (taxes, gun laws, weather, infrastructure, weed laws, etc)to decide where I want to live.

Just now, TheGreatBuzz said:

Couldn't those people consider moving to an area with better public schools?  I don't have kids so I don't look at that but I know from talking to other people that one thing they always look at when thinking about moving is the school system.  If people start moving out of an area, the area should consider fixing things to encourage people to move there.  I know that now that I am starting to look at post military life, I've been researching a lot of things about a lot of different states/areas.  And I will use that information (taxes, gun laws, weather, infrastructure, weed laws, etc)to decide where I want to live.

Moving is not real easy for many lower income people.

I agree with the fixing part, but it seems rather difficult and having options is preferable.

4 minutes ago, twa said:

Moving is not real easy for many lower income people.

I agree with the fixing part, but it seems rather difficult and having options is preferable.

Being not easy is not the same as being not possible or necessary.  I hate to sound like one of those old folk saying "back in my day" but we had to do it when I was a kid.  My family was not well off when I was a kid and I remember packing up what little we could into a station wagon and moving somewhere else because there was supposedly better job opportunities for my parents.  Sure it wasn't easy but all it really costs was the gas to drive to our new place.  The labor for packing in moving was free (we did it ourselves).

• Like 2

About 3 years ago, a new public elementary school went up 2 miles from my home.  Now another one is going up, not even a whole mile away in the opposite direction.  Very few constituents in the area now speak English.  My HOA is dissolving because of the turnstile of people in the neighborhood, no "owners" anymore.  Any local job posting has a bilingual requirement.  I'm not against diversity, but the optics and lack of logic are astounding.  We have failed to encourage assimilation, or have been met with a society where a great deal of the money earned in the area only goes to certain "authentic" places, because it can just be so.  My queendom to be able to fix it.  

• Like 1

Just now, TheGreatBuzz said:

Being not easy is not the same as being not possible or necessary.  I hate to sound like one of those old folk saying "back in my day" but we had to do it when I was a kid.  My family was not well off when I was a kid and I remember packing up what little we could into a station wagon and moving somewhere else because there was supposedly better job opportunities for my parents.  Sure it wasn't easy but all it really costs was the gas to drive to our new place.  The labor for packing in moving was free (we did it ourselves).

Being a old folk, the advice to just move to a better area was given by a former mayor here if you didn't like the gangs and schools falling apart.....maybe losing his job adjusted some attitudes

I like the option of moving and recommend it to those so inclined.

Being stubborn I prefer to address the problems though

38 minutes ago, twa said:

The rich and middle income will benefit.(mainly middle income since rich folk like Obama already use private schools)

Actually mainly the rich. 

For one thing, as you pointed out, they're already spending the money. They don't have to try to figure out how to come up with the money. Their decision consists of "would I like the federal government to give me part of the money I'm already spending, anyway?"

And because a tax deduction is worth more, to them. The rich guy who spends the money now gets around 40% of his money back. The middle income guy gets 10% of his tuition paid. (If he itemizes.)

But then, you knew that already. 

• Like 1

In most places, the better school districts are funded by the local tax structure, meaning higher real estate taxes, higher home prices, higher apartment rents. 

The places with poorer school districts are mostly higher density, lower rents, home prices are lower with the resultant lower tax base. 

Hear the people in the higher priced school districts **** and moan if counties want to equalize school funding to lift up the poorer areas! 

It's to society's benefit to make sure the future generations get equal educational programs and opportunities. Otherwise we have what we have now, an uneducated underclass who voted for Trump and Republicans.

• Like 1