Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moose & Squirrel v Boris & Natasha: what's the deal with the rooskies and trumpland?

Jumbo

7 hours ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Freedom of speech not important any more….  I agree that RT is propoganda but I’m not really excited about the prospect of the government deciding which sources are reputable….

My husband watched it almost all day.  He had a lot of other issues, but RT didn't help.  They need to go.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Belarus military drills to begin as Russia ratchets up Ukraine tensions

Russia and Belarus will begin 10 days of joint military drills on Thursday, setting in train one of the most overtly threatening elements of the Kremlin’s buildup of forces around Ukraine’s borders.

Valery Gerasimov, the head of the Russian general staff, arrived in Belarus on Wednesday to oversee the drills.

Russia has moved up to 30,000 troops, two battalions of S-400 surface-to-air missile systems and numerous fighter jets into Belarus for joint training exercises with the Belarusian army. Satellite imagery shows much of the hardware has been moved to locations close to the border with Ukraine.

The Russian president, Vladimir Putin, reportedly told France’s Emmanuel Macron this week that the troops would leave Belarus when the exercises ended on 20 February. Even if that does happen, the drills show that Belarusian dictator, Alexander Lukashenko, is a firm ally in Putin’s Ukraine policy.

Click on the link for the full article

• Thumb down 1

The Final Pieces:  Three New Signs of Russian Invasion Plans

Three new signs have been observed which suggest a Russian invasion of Ukraine could be imminent.

The building of a field hospital, the movement of additional troops to the border, and the deployment of the Russian military police suggest yet more invasion preparations are now in place.

Analysts have told Sky News there are now few ways for Russia to escalate further.

Some of the indicators being observed may be the result of military exercises, but there is little way of knowing Russia's true plans.

U.S. intelligence report details 'indirect' Russian government support for Western neofascist groups

A U.S. intelligence community assessment obtained by Yahoo News concluded that the Russian government is providing “indirect and passive support” to neofascist groups operating in the U.S. and elsewhere, but stops short of accusing the Kremlin of supplying financial or material assistance to Western extremist groups.

The Kremlin “probably tolerates some private Russian entities’ support” for U.S. and European white nationalist groups “because it aligns with Kremlin efforts to aggravate societal fissures in the West,” states the report.

Russian neofascist groups have attempted to recruit and provide paramilitary training to North American and European extremists in order to “expand their reach into the West, increase membership, and raise money,” according to the unclassified July 2021 intelligence report.

The support of Western neofascists by Russian extremists “poses a potential threat to Western security by encouraging and enabling attacks on ethnic minorities and government facilities,” states the report, which is titled “Russian Federation Support of Racially and Ethnically Motivated Violent Extremists.”

New intel suggests Russia is prepared to launch an attack before the Olympics end, sources say

The US and its allies have new intelligence that suggests Russia could launch an attack on Ukraine even before the end of the Olympics, multiple sources familiar with the matter tell CNN. 

Previous assessments had suggested that Russia was unlikely to move into Ukraine until after the Olympics end on Feb. 20, US officials had told CNN in the past. The revelation of the new intelligence comes as administration officials have dramatically ramped up the urgency of their public warnings related to Ukraine in the past 24 hours.

US Secretary of State Antony Blinken said Friday that a Russian invasion of Ukraine "could begin at any time," including during the Beijing Winter Olympics, and the United States continues "to see very troubling signs of Russian escalation, including new forces arriving at the Ukrainian border."

On 1/30/2022 at 6:42 AM, tshile said:

Putin is in a win/win on a major foreign policy issue. And the fact that is the case should cause pause on just how bad things are. 

i assume the US will do nothing militarily. I assume, by extension, NATO will do nothing of substance militarily. I assume Putin also assumes these things. 

if he invades Ukraine he suffers sanctions and apparently has determined wheat is what he’ll leverage against those. That and the NG supply to Europe. The SWIFT thing will hurt, but, I’m unclear on how much. But  the point is he’ll gain Ukraine, play a trade war/sanction game with the world, but not suffer a serious military consequence and basically absorb a country with no one in the world doing anything about it. 

Yeah. Just like Crimea, I bet nobody will turn this into a war against Russia.

I'm pretty sure you guys have more to care about with Chinese than Russians.

Putin needs Ukraine for its industries, because that's where it was back in the days of USSR. So it's obvious he needs them back.

And when it comes economical threats, well, he's already talking with China, so I doubt it makes him blink.

Finally, Ukrainians aren't exactly clean too. Most of their retired people are still being paid by Russia, so that's quite a problem too for Ukraine.

Only putting this here because it has the word “Russia” in the article.  Can anyone elaborate more?

illary Clinton's election campaign paid money to a tech firm to 'infiltrate' servers that were at Trump Tower, and later the White House.

According to a filing from Special Counsel John Durham, the aim was to try and smear Trump by linking him to Russia, which had been accused of meddling in the 2016 U.S. Presidential Election.  

Durham was appointed by then-Attorney General William Barr to serve as the Special Counsel for the United States Department of Justice in October 2020, while Trump was president. He continues to investigate a case that is sure to anger supporters of the 45th president. 

Durham's motion that was filed on Friday looked a potential conflicts of interest with regards to former Clinton campaign lawyer Michael Sussman, who has been charged with making a false statement to a federal agent. Sussman has pleaded not guilty to the charge.   

The former chief investigator of the Trump-Russia probe for the House Intelligence Committee under Republican Devin Nunes, Kash Patel, said Friday's filing 'definitively showed the Hillary Clinton campaign directly funded and ordered its lawyers at Perkins Coie to orchestrate a criminal enterprise to fabricate a connection between President Trumpand Russia,' reports Fox News.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/clinton-s-campaign-paid-tech-firm-to-infiltrate-trump-servers/ar-AATMBcX?li=BBnbcA1

Just reading the article, I note lots of lurid quotes claiming absolute proof of Clinton and the FBI's attempt to frame the completely innocent Trump.  Coming from Trump himself, and from the lawyer who Devin Nunes hired to run his investigation into the FBI's investigation into Trump's ties to Russia.  

However, I'm not sure all of the article should be dismissed.  There's things in there that seem to be from people who seem legit, too.  

• Like 1

I’m willing to entertain anything if someone has their ducks in a row

so, I’m still reading through it, but this made me 😂 

Trump continued: 'In a stronger period of time in our country, this crime would have been punishable by death. In addition, reparations should be paid to those in our country who have been damaged by this.'

Give me money!!!!!!!

😆 

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Larry said:

Just reading the article, I note lots of lurid quotes claiming absolute proof of Clinton and the FBI's attempt to frame the completely innocent Trump.  Coming from Trump himself, and from the lawyer who Devin Nunes hired to run his investigation into the FBI's investigation into Trump's ties to Russia.  

However, I'm not sure all of the article should be dismissed.  There's things in there that seem to be from people who seem legit, too.  

Yea I noted this also.  The fact that it came from MSN which isn’t exactly a GOP mouth piece made me want to give it more credit than if it were from FOX or OAN.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Almighty Buzz said:

Yea I noted this also.  The fact that it came from MSN which isn’t exactly a GOP mouth piece made me want to give it more credit than if it were from FOX or OAN.

It’s actually from the daily mail

msnbc also serves as an aggregator. So all kinds of stuff shows up in their site 

• Like 1

It’s either THE BIGGEST SCANDAL IN US HISTORY or a laughably contrived attempt to squeeze just a little more juice from “Hillary, international master criminal!” flopsweat they’ve been dishing out to the morons every midterms for the last 25 years.

Lets all put on our thinking caps and see if we can figure it out.

• Like 1

'Something definitely brewing' as reports suggest Russia will invade Ukraine on Wednesday

Talk of Russia invading Ukraine within days is not just US intelligence hype, the Australian government has insisted.

"Something is definitely brewing," Treasurer Josh Frydenberg said, one day after Prime Minister Scott Morrison ordered the evacuation of the Australian embassy in Kyiv.

"You don't amass more than 100,000 troops on a border to check out the view or to have a picnic," he said.

"We're at a very dangerous juncture here."

The US today updated its estimate for how many Russian forces are now staged near Ukraine's borders to more than 130,000, up from the 100,000 the US has cited publicly in previous weeks.

Russian forces have surrounded Ukraine on three sides in what the Kremlin insists are military exercises.

This morning the Associated Press reported that the US had picked up intelligence that Russia is looking at Wednesday as a target date for invasion, according to a US official familiar with the findings.

The official, who also was not authorised to speak publicly and did so only on condition of anonymity, would not say how definitive the intelligence was.

Mr Frydenberg said the US was "absolutely not" exaggerating the threat of a Russian invasion.

"Obviously they are privy to intelligence, they're obviously monitoring troop movements as well," he said.