Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moose & Squirrel v Boris & Natasha: what's the deal with the rooskies and trumpland?

Jumbo

The Watergate hearings lasted almost two years and didn't end in an impeachment but resignation. 

Start hearings and watch Trump and his minions continue to obstruct justice on a daily basis. Democrats can run on that. Ratchet up talk that the Republicans continually obstruct justice, Senate has already said that they will subvert the Constitution and not hold the impeachment trial in the Senate. Democrats can run on that right now. Drag it out the rest of this year and most of next. Talk about how McConnell is not bringing House passed bills to the Senate, subverting the Constitution. Democrats can run on this now. 

Plenty to run on Democrats! Get busy and do your job!  Pound this every day!

• Thanks 4

Why are those GOP members acting like Mueller was a judge & jury.  He specifically said he wasn't, and that he wouldn't charge/indict Trump regardless of the evidence. He said that in plain English that it is not allowed according to the DOJ guidelines he is abiding by.   So once again, because Mueller seemingly did everything by the book, and it is being held against him.  Pretty much guaranteed if Mueller tried to indict, these same GOPers would be yelling to the rooftop that Mueller is not allowed to indict.   Games. 

I also have a hunch that if impeachment hearings actually began, the Dems would get in line and impeach Trump.  They just aren't ready to go on record publicly about it yet. 

Edited by NoCalMike
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Why are those GOP members acting like Mueller was a judge & jury.  He specifically said he wasn't, and that he wouldn't charge/indict Trump regardless of the evidence. He said that in plain English that it is not allowed according to the DOJ guidelines he is abiding by.   So once again, because Mueller seemingly did everything by the book, and it is being held against him.  Pretty much guaranteed if Mueller tried to indict, these same GOPers would be yelling to the rooftop that Mueller is not allowed to indict.   Games. 

I also have a hunch that if impeachment hearings actually began, the Dems would get in line and impeach Trump.  They just aren't ready to go on record publicly about it yet. 

Any not ready to publicly go on the record should be primaried cause they are spineless. 

1 hour ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Yup.  And I'll be damned if I pull the lever for ANY Dem if that party can't show they have the willingness to hold accountable a corrupt president in the face of all this.

If impeachment somehow helps trump and he wins reelection, **** it the country deserves it if that happens.  But do what is right!

If I wanted a party that puts winning over what is right, I'd have stayed a ****ing Republican. 

God, I can't believe the ****ing *******.

I don't know about sitting out elections, because I think primaries are the way to force parties to take notice. But I understand the sentiment. The lack of urgency and god-awful messaging is the defining characteristic of boomer-era liberals.

The messaging from the democratic party would be a lot different if it was run by people like AOC, Brian Schatz and Tim Ryan than Pelosi and Schumer.

• Like 1

Nancy Pelosi wants to build support for impeachment among those citizens who don’t pay much attention and who were snookered by Barr’s misleading summary of the report and the resulting false “Game Over” cries from the administration and GOP hacks. She wants to do this by having those who witnessed the obstruction to testify before Congress to lay bare Trump’s misdeeds - essentially produce a “Mueller Report” movie for those who didn’t read the book.  Consider Bob’s statement this morning a trailer for the movie. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

Nancy Pelosi wants to build support for impeachment among those citizens who don’t pay much attention and who were snookered by Barr’s misleading summary of the report and the resulting false “Game Over” cries from the administration and GOP hacks. She wants to do this by having those who witnessed the obstruction to testify before Congress to lay bare Trump’s misdeeds - essentially produce a “Mueller Report” movie for those who didn’t read the book.  Consider Bob’s statement this morning a trailer for the movie. 

So she just wants political cover.

9 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

So everything that would be in the impeachment trial. She is really blowing this. Dems are going to hate her

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Hersh said:

So everything that would be in the impeachment trial. She is really blowing this. Dems are going to hate her

SHe, like her generation of Democrats from Hoyer, Schumer, Biden, even down to Obama were/are scared to wield power. They have the power and the nation behind them and are terrified to actually use their power in order to not scare the right. 

• Like 7

9 hours ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

SHe, like her generation of Democrats from Hoyer, Schumer, Biden, even down to Obama were/are scared to wield power. They have the power and the nation behind them and are terrified to actually use their power in order to not scare the right. 

They are afraid of controversy, even though Mueller gave them a 400 page report and at least 11 counts of obstruction to investigate.

The old guard of the democratic party has no interest in being lockstep with their base and then making the case to the center of the country that already dislikes Trump. They are DC insiders with no desire to actually to fight difficult battles and do what is necessary.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Dems should do it but they won’t.

I am pretty sure we'll get to impeachment. But they are going to bungle it completely and by the time they get to it, they would have lost a good portion of the messaging battle. This has been the MO of the Democratic Party for a good 30-40 years. Winnable issues but no desire to fight and get in the mud. Enormous ******* and quite apparent they learned nothing from 2016.

• Sad 1

25 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

They are afraid of controversy, even though Mueller gave them a 400 page report and at least 11 counts of obstruction to investigate.

I think that's part of the issue. It's also likely House Dems want some political cover (as twa) mentioned, as well as there is no way the Senate will convict. That could come across as a loss to much of the less informed citizenry. One thing shown in stark glaring daylight by Mueller's Congressional appearance is the fact that most Americans don't read and are poorly informed. 

3 minutes ago, youngestson said:

I think that's part of the issue. It's also likely House Dems want some political cover (as twa) mentioned, as well as there is no way the Senate will convict. That could come across as a loss to much of the less informed citizenry. One thing shown in stark glaring daylight by Mueller's Congressional appearance is the fact that most Americans don't read and are poorly informed. 

To me, this is going about it all wrong.  Do what is right instead of looking for cover.  If "less informed citizenry" choose to keep Trump after this for some dumb ass reason, then the country will get what it deserves.  Like I said earlier, if I wanted a party that looks for winning over doing what is right, I'd still be a Republican.  Dems need to be better than that.

• Like 3